Crysis 2 Writer Calls Modern Warfare 2 a Disappointment

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
I'll agree that the story was... stupid, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun to play, and in the end, that's what I'm looking for with a shooter.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
This guy seems really confident in his writing skills, especially when you consider that he's a FREAKIN' CRYSIS WRITER.

EliteDave725

Aug 11, 2009
Rooster Cogburn said:
I'm going to be murdered for this, but MW1's multiplayer didn't work. It was like a bunch of great ideas were thrown into a bag, shaken up and dumped out. None of the features seemed to fit in with everything else. 'Martyrdom' anyone? Gren' spam? It was an over-sized, awesome mess. MW2's multiplayer flows much better, and everything seems to make more sense in the context of the game.

The single player experience seems to have undergone the opposite transformation. MW2 is packed with great ideas that add up to a big mess. I won't say MW1 had a brilliant story, but it was delivered in a coherent and engaging way which made the 'big' moments dramatic, instead of just a spectacle.
I agree with your comments on the single-player, but I forgot to take my anti-stupid medication this morning so I have to ask you:

How does the MW2 flow better? As far as I can tell, all Infinity Ward did was add weapons, perks, callsigns and emblems, and different killstreak rewards. Admittedly, that sounds like a lot. But it all seems superficial.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Anticitizen_Two said:
This guy seems really confident in his writing skills, especially when you consider that he's a FREAKIN' CRYSIS WRITER.
A) He is a critically acclaimed Science Fiction writer with serveral novels.

B) He DID NOT write the story to the first fucking game. Something a lot of idiots keep overlooking.

C) Compared to MW2, Crysis' story was pretty good if for the simple fact that it was competent and cohesive.

Try again next time.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
MW2 had a horrible story, but your writing for Crysis, last time I checked people bought Crysis to brag that their PC could run it at 50 FPS not to actually play it

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
shotgunbob said:
last time I checked people bought Crysis to brag that their PC could run it at 50 FPS not to actually play it
Well then you were horribly misinformed, or you know some rather shallow gamers. You what's shocking? Crysis WASN'T a mere tech demo that ignorant fools slate it off to be, it was ya know...a GOOD and FUN game *shock and awe*.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Crysis wasn't exactly what I would call masterful storytelling, but if this guy is confident he can produce a worthwhile story for Crysis 2 I'm interested to see what he has come up with.

William Brayton

Apr 8, 2010
Its games like MW2 that make me want to reinstate shooting idiots. MW2 pretty much just played up the overused AMERICA IN DISTRESS FROM RUSSIA...which, if you know your history, at this current point would be IMPOSSIBLE.

iBlooba

Jun 17, 2010
@Tom Goldman

Not only did I dislike the story, but the multi-player was broken also. The only thing I enjoyed about MW2 was Spec Ops. That was the game in my opinion, but it wasn't worth 60 dollars. And now that Infinity Ward's gave up on CoD4's servers for the PS3, I was forced to play Reflex on my Wii.