Crysis 3 Leaked Through Origin

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Crysis 3 Leaked Through Origin

EA's online service reveals box art and pricing info for an upcoming Crysis sequel.

In a surprising turn of events, EA's Origin service briefly leaked some preliminary information about Crysis 3, the sequel to last year's hardware-melting Crysis 2. The info was screencapped by Neogaf forum users before being taken down by EA, and interested parties can still find Crysis 3's store page through Google.

Other than some pricing info and box art, the leak doesn't do much more than hint that we'll be battling once again in an urban setting using the high-tech Nanosuit seen in the previous Crysis games, and some kind of futuristic compound bow may be a prime weapon of choice available to players. However, exactly why exactly a commando wearing a highly advanced set of super body armor would be using archery to battle against alien invaders has yet to be explained.

Neogaf users also point out that GameReactor [http://www.gamereactor.eu/] magazine has hinted at a more detailed reveal later this month, so the Origin leak doesn't do much more then steal some of its thunder. The leak also doesn't specify a release date for Crysis 3, but does list a retail price of $49.99 USD for both the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469848]

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
As one of the few people who really liked Crysis 2 for what it was (even though Crysis and Warhead were way better) I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully they open it up a little more like the first game, though I'm not holding my breath.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Played the Crysis 2 Multiplayer demo, played like MW3. Didn't buy it.

Not fussed with this either, I don't have a face melting desktop, and I don't care too much for the series.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I knew this was coming a mile away, although it sounds like its an actual sequel, and have stopped caring about the cliffhanger they gave at the first game. I liked all of the past Crysis games, and will probably get this one if its any good, but we shall see.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Wow, $50 usd? finally, a major publisher stopped pricing pc games at $60. We're not consoles, you know.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
ResonanceGames said:
As one of the few people who really liked Crysis 2 for what it was (even though Crysis and Warhead were way better) I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully they open it up a little more like the first game, though I'm not holding my breath.
this pretty well sums up my thoughts on it
I didn't like the MP on the Crysis 2 demo so I waited for a sale to get it cheap since I was only going to mess with the SP part.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
deathbydeath said:
Wow, $50 usd? finally, a major publisher stopped pricing pc games at $60. We're not consoles, you know.
Kind of shocking that the publisher in question has to be EA, to boot. They're not exactly known for their good prices.

OT: I liked Crysis and Warhead, but I didn't ever get to play Crysis 2. I'll probably pick both this and Crysis 2 up at the same time, especially if EA sells Crysis 2 at a discount during the first few days of Crysis 3's release.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Heres hoping it doesn't suck so much ass like its predecessor. I still maintain Crysis as the finest shooter ever created while Crysis 2 was so horrificly bland, mundane, shallow and average that it's a wonder that my gamebox hasn't taken the same colour as my wall and sunken into my bookshelf.

While the ultimate would be a PC-exclusive once again (although it seems highly unlikely), I'll be fine if they go the Battlefield 3 route. Sure, BF3 was neutured to fit onto console but at least Dice tried their darnest to keep the light on. Crysis 2 was a shameless CoD-clone that did not deliver anything except disappointment.

Ah well, I'm ranting. Just re-hire Hans Zimmer to do the main theme. After all, the man has a tendency of making generally average to bad games at least worth finishing (Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2). And bring back Nomad or Psycho for fuck sake!

EDIT: Seems like my avatar is expressing my present feelings exactly the way I want it to!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
That's gotta be a lie, no way would EA price a PC game at 50 dollars.

If they release Crysis 3 with DX 11 instead of lying and giving it out months later, MAYBE I'll consider getting it. Also if they follow Nomad again, and if it's not cut down...Ok, I would prefer Crysis 1.

Another

Mar 19, 2008
Wow, I'm actually not excited about the game, but by the idea of combining a bow with the power suit.

Think of the sheer poundage you could crank the bow up to!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Considering the kind of potential strength the nanosuit can push a person's body to, that bow must pack a hell of a punch.
Looking forward to this; Crysis 2 turned out to be surprisingly entertaining, and I still catch myself humming that theme song.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Ea pricing the game at $49.99 is part of some grand evil plan, it has to be right? It's not like they are using digital distribution to make games cheaper, when valve isn't.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
WMDogma said:
In a surprising turn of events, EA's Origin service briefly leaked some preliminary information about Crysis 3, the sequel to last year's hardware-melting Crysis 2.
I'm sorry but how is Crysis 2 in any way hardware melting?

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
That's gotta be a lie, no way would EA price a PC game at 50 dollars.

If they release Crysis 3 with DX 11 instead of lying and giving it out months later, MAYBE I'll consider getting it. Also if they follow Nomad again, and if it's not cut down...Ok, I would prefer Crysis 1.
Just want to point out that almost all Origin games is priced at 499Swedish kr which is 100kr less then the console version [100kr=15$]
(In Sweden)

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Crysis 2 hardware melting?... I beg to differ... maybe after the DX11 patch, but not hardware melting in any way.

Now they're turning Alcatraz (what happened to Nomad and Psycho?) into Turok... nice.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I'm down for it. I still play Crysis 2 multiplayer, so bring on the sequel.

Though I'm not sure if it's coming to the PS3. I hope it does. Otherwise, damn everything.

Also, I so to use the Nanosuit and a bow. The mere idea makes me hard.