CryTek: Crysis 2 Runs Better on PS3

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Well I own all three consoles so this doesn't affect me too hard. The only real problem the PS3 version has for me is that well... none of my friends own one, they all own 360's so I'll be getting the 360 version. I mean a slightly better performance isn't really going to beat being able to play with your friends.

Mr. Mike said:
Everyone's saying that fanboys are coming. Stop trying to be "edgy" or "cool". This is a decent community where people don't blatantly start fanboy wars (unlike gameFAQs).
You think that's bad... go to Gamespot.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Mr. Mike said:
Everyone's saying that fanboys are coming. Stop trying to be "edgy" or "cool". This is a decent community where people don't blatantly start fanboy wars (unlike gameFAQs). There won't be any flaming because there doesn't need to be any.

As far as I'm concerned, as long none of the versions run so badly as to impair the experience for the player, it's all good. PC is always going to run better than the consoles, and realistically the PS3 should run marginally better than the 360. So what? Everyone's still getting the same game, what does a couple of frames have to do with anything?
It is kind of amusing, there are more posts here warning about "the oncoming fanboy onslaught" than anything about how the PS3 is superior to anything. I think the better warning would have been

Hear that? It's the rampaging herd of antifanboys
Back to the subject at hand, it's nice to hear, but I'd like some more ocncrete evidence to this, first.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
Damnit, my bastard little brother was right!

Edit: I'm not hating on PS3s, so please don't misunderstand me--I acknowledge that it's a good console, but I can't get him to shut up about how wonderful it is compared to everything else . . .

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
I'd like to point out the lack of further explanation. The framerate gain is probably going to be at a grand total of one frame a second.

But it's really a no brainer considering the PS3 has SEVEN FUCKING PROCESSORS. Of course it will run faster than the Xbox!

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
dbrose said:

Edit: I'm not hating on PS3s, so please don't misunderstand me--I acknowledge that it's a good console, but I can't get him to shut up about how wonderful it is compared to everything else . . .
It is a lovely piece of kit, I'd marry mine if I could, in fact whenever I send a friend request on PSN I light some candles... you know make it romantic.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
That's pretty surprising. I thought pc and x360 developing were very similar so I figured they would have an easier time optimizing for that console.
If I choose to buy this, it'll be on the pc, but I still would like to see a demo for my ps3 to see how well it does.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
PS3 has better processing for all the particle rendering you need for a Crysis game, so...yeah.

They should've added "PC still blows both out of the water, of course" at the end.

hieiwrath

Mar 20, 2009
Anyone who played crysis could tell me what u liked about the game. I played the game i thought it was a bad game, the graphics are good but the game is empty.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Dark Templar said:
"We saw that the PS3 was different, so we took the time to learn how to develop for it"

Bravo. See? Using your brain and learning things helps make better games.

Maybe Valve will finally drop its stupid excuse and just admit they don't like the console. :p*

*I'm referring to the awful TF2 port the PS3 got, I mean come on Valve would working with sony have been that hard?
The PS3 Port of The Orange Box was ported by EA. Valve didn't want it on the PS3 in the first place.
Ah ok, my mistake then.

My point was that there isn't much of an excuse to not do a proper port anymore.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
ColdStorage said:
dbrose said:

It is a lovely piece of kit, I'd marry mine if I could, in fact whenever I send a friend request on PSN I light some candles... you know make it romantic.
. . . . . waaaaaaaayyy too much info, dude.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
PS3 has better processing for all the particle rendering you need for a Crysis game, so...yeah.

They should've added "PC still blows both out of the water, of course" at the end.
Yeah but would a PC user seductively put some throw cushions down for some ambiance while playing it?, I think not.

dbrose said:
ColdStorage said:
dbrose said:

. . . . . waaaaaaaayyy too much info, dude.
what?
STOP JUDGING ME!

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Some clarification some of you.

CryEngine 3 does not enhance the visual quality of the game at all. If there are any improvements it's down to minor tweaks and slight improvements.

The primary goal of CryEngine 3 is to make a more scalable version of the engine for consoles. A CryEngine 2 game on PC looks much better than a CryEngine 3 game on PS3/360. This isn't some PC elitist crap either, it's the truth.

Most of the changes for CryEngine 3 are optimizations, which help all 3 platforms in terms of performance.