Curiosity - What's Inside the Cube Nears the Final Layers

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
FogHornG36 said:
Inside will be the most brutal gift of all time. NOTHING!
I was wondering when someone was going to make that joke.

Thank you. You win.

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
I believe, once the center is finally viewed, this will be astoundingly relevant.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10306-Erin-Stout-Sage

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Wow I'd almost completely forgotten about this. My predictions as to what's in the box -

A human head.
The mighty warrior Lok.
A troll face.
A sweater your grandma knitted for you.
'Buy one Big Mac, get another one free!' coupon.
A toothbrush.
A lifetime supply of Wheat Thins.
Or Peter's floating head.

KelDG

Dec 27, 2012
It better be my dog from Fable 2, god damn trying to "do the right thing" and not getting my dog back! Arse.

Solve Media : "wild and crazy guys".... 50 million man hours of wild and crazy.

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
Numbers: How long you have played and possibly something about what you could have done with that time.

That is at least what I expect from Peter Molyneux.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Chances are it will be a replay of the process of the whole cube breaking down.
Also a message about how the power of working together etc. etc. etc.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Hope.

"One day, when Epimetheus lay sleeping, Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Epimetheus woke up at the sound of her sobbing. ?I opened the box and all these ugly things flew out,? she cried. ?I tried to catch them, but they all got out.? Pandora opened the box to show him how empty it was. But the box was not quite empty. One tiny bug flew quickly out before Pandora could slam the lid shut again.

?Hello, Pandora,? said the bug, hovering just out of reach. ?My name is Hope.? With a nod of thanks for being set free, Hope flew out into the world, a world that now held Envy, Crime, Hate, and Disease ? and Hope."

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Dammit! I was really hoping the curiosity rover had discovered an alien cube, and I hadn't heard of it because of this rock I live under. Oh well, it was a long shot anyways.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
HalfTangible said:
Hope.

"One day, when Epimetheus lay sleeping, Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Epimetheus woke up at the sound of her sobbing. ?I opened the box and all these ugly things flew out,? she cried. ?I tried to catch them, but they all got out.? Pandora opened the box to show him how empty it was. But the box was not quite empty. One tiny bug flew quickly out before Pandora could slam the lid shut again.

?Hello, Pandora,? said the bug, hovering just out of reach. ?My name is Hope.? With a nod of thanks for being set free, Hope flew out into the world, a world that now held Envy, Crime, Hate, and Disease ? and Hope."
And then Zeus killed everyone, and the human race had to be remade from stones. If hope is in there, doesn't that mean Peter Molyneux found it and locked it up? That could explain a lot that's been going on in the industry.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
It's the thing that will garantee the person is the heir to Pete's fortune, a la Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
You know, I think this could actually be the final, undeniable proof that games are, in fact, art. Think about it. With modern art, some pretentious wanker can just throw a pile of bricks on the floor, and as long as they manage to convince a few people that it's really a deep existential study into the meaning of life it will be stuck in a posh art gallery and be paraded around as the greatest thing since someone didn't make their bed and took a photo of it. And what do we have here? Some pretentious wanker has thrown together a pile of bricks, and apparently convinced millions of people that it is really a deep existential study of the human condition. You could stick Curiosity in the Tate Modern and it wouldn't be close to the stupidest or least meaningful thing in there.