Curiosity - What's Inside the Cube Nears the Final Layers

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Desworks said:
What's in the box? Schrödinger's cat.

It's dead. Curiosity killed it.
Comment of the gorram year!!!! XD
Seriously! That is the funniest comment I have seen in a long time! Thank you! And please submit it to a webcomic... As it would work so well on something like Ctl Alt Del, or as one of Dueling Analogues exclusives!!

OT: Actually... I am quite excited about what is in the box, as I imagine a lot of other people who are not admitting it are too...

Come on... it's like Christmas as a kid, and you want to know what is in your presents! But you didn't ask for anyhting in particular! :p

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Zombie Sodomy said:
HalfTangible said:
Hope.

"One day, when Epimetheus lay sleeping, Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Epimetheus woke up at the sound of her sobbing. ?I opened the box and all these ugly things flew out,? she cried. ?I tried to catch them, but they all got out.? Pandora opened the box to show him how empty it was. But the box was not quite empty. One tiny bug flew quickly out before Pandora could slam the lid shut again.

?Hello, Pandora,? said the bug, hovering just out of reach. ?My name is Hope.? With a nod of thanks for being set free, Hope flew out into the world, a world that now held Envy, Crime, Hate, and Disease ? and Hope."
And then Zeus killed everyone, and the human race had to be remade from stones. If hope is in there, doesn't that mean Peter Molyneux found it and locked it up? That could explain a lot that's been going on in the industry.
Alternatively it means mankind shall LOSE all hope. =p

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
HalfTangible said:
Zombie Sodomy said:
HalfTangible said:
Hope.

"One day, when Epimetheus lay sleeping, Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Epimetheus woke up at the sound of her sobbing. ?I opened the box and all these ugly things flew out,? she cried. ?I tried to catch them, but they all got out.? Pandora opened the box to show him how empty it was. But the box was not quite empty. One tiny bug flew quickly out before Pandora could slam the lid shut again.

?Hello, Pandora,? said the bug, hovering just out of reach. ?My name is Hope.? With a nod of thanks for being set free, Hope flew out into the world, a world that now held Envy, Crime, Hate, and Disease ? and Hope."
And then Zeus killed everyone, and the human race had to be remade from stones. If hope is in there, doesn't that mean Peter Molyneux found it and locked it up? That could explain a lot that's been going on in the industry.
Alternatively it means mankind shall LOSE all hope. =p
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
DON'T FINISH IT WHATEVER YOU DO-IT'S THE ARC OF THE COVENANT YOU'LL DIE
You fools why did you ignore me now look at what you have done!!!
But in all seriousness I have no idea what's inside.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Encaen said:
for everybody out there who couldn't be bothered to help chip away the first 272 layers, I expect the final 50 layers to be a much more compelling objective.
You completely missed one of the most interesting parts of this story. Molyneux is ending his "experiment" early because people are losing interest in it, and it was going to keep going for a few more years. Possible longer as I'm sure interest would continue to fizzle out. They removed several layers to shorten it.

This seems to be a very Molyneux-way of gathering attention for this before it has fizzled out. Waving his arms wildly and announcing to the world, "HEY! Remember this crazy thing! Let me (over) hype it some more!"

crepesack

May 20, 2008
A note saying "A secret." Then whenever someone asks what was inside the cube you say "a secret".

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Why would anyone spend money on this? Why? I downloaded the app just to see what all the hype was about, after 20 minutes of breaking blocks I realized just how maddeningly stupid it was. Whoever wins will probably be someone who waited till the last few hours to start tapping anyway.

It had better be something genuinely amazing, like a cure for cancer or Half-Life 3.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
VortexCortex said:
From the folds of her gown, she lifted a green metal cube about fifteen centimeters on a side. She turned it and Paul saw that one side was open - black and oddly frightening. Paul slowly put his hand into the box. He first felt a sense of cold as the blackness closed around his hand, then slick metal against his fingers and a prickling as though his hand were asleep...

"What's in the box?"

"Pain."
Is that... dune?

Going with dune.

OT: It'll be a new hat for fable 3. And a cripplingly profound sense of wasted time.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
TKretts3 said:

I expect the contents of the box to end world hunger, and bring peace to the universe. It will discover aliens and alternate reality, and usher in a utopia... Or it could all just be one big let down; a note with the words, "Was it worth it?" hastily scribbled down onto it.
Personally I think it would go more like this.
Video complete with alternate cube contents and player reactions.