Cyberpunk 2077 Review thread - Umm....

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well vehicles handle much better with mouse/keyboard after the patch, but shits still buggy. I actually just encountered my first quest fuck up bug with shutters that won't open when I think they are supposed too. At least the objective path thing keeps wanting me to walk through a closed one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly the game is more than good enough to justify its price as is.
They're charging $24.99 at Wal-Mart and $29.99 at GameStop for the PS4 versions. Still not worth it to me, and I am not invested. I will save my money for better things.

Last edited:

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
It’s almost gonna be a year since I bought the game, but I have not played much of it since then. It’s not due to the bugs but rather I felt burned out playing it. I’m waiting for the next gen upgrade for ps5 before diving back in. I know a lot of people are ready to cast cd project red in the thrash for screwing this up, but I hope this debacle is the kick in the pants type lesson for them to not try this kind of crap again. They earned a lot of good will for the Witcher 3 and rightfully so, as that game was great and had two great expansions, but they got blinded by their success and went a little too far. I’m hopefully they became more humbled by this experience. In my personal opinion, companies like Capcom, EA and Square Enix has done much worse then what CD Project Red did.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In my personal opinion, companies like Capcom,
For Capcom, in some cases yes, and in most cases, no. If we're talking heavy, life-crushing, crunch, no for the most part. The only time Capcom ever got really heavy with crunch was Dead Rising 4, but that was because of screw ups on Capcom Vancouver's part and the main Capcom branch. At least Capcom has actually learned some of their lessons and have new blood in upper management that just want to make good games again. I wish for CDPR to change for the better, but that change won't come with those in charge who only care about dollar signs and not much else on quality nor treating those not at the top of the totem pole fairly.

I never got in to the Witcher series, and don't plan doing so. I wish the best for them on trying to bring that good will back, but I highly doubt it. It's the same "We're sorry!" excuse and acting all apologetic only to do the same thing or worse. Nearly every single AAA company has done this and with little to show nor improve

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I do need to finish up Cyberpunk, been distracted. I think I'm almost on the last mission, but I wanted to get a few new cars before ending it and I was hoping to get a 3080 before those became harder to find then... something clever.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It’s almost gonna be a year since I bought the game, but I have not played much of it since then. It’s not due to the bugs but rather I felt burned out playing it. I’m waiting for the next gen upgrade for ps5 before diving back in. I know a lot of people are ready to cast cd project red in the thrash for screwing this up, but I hope this debacle is the kick in the pants type lesson for them to not try this kind of crap again. They earned a lot of good will for the Witcher 3 and rightfully so, as that game was great and had two great expansions, but they got blinded by their success and went a little too far. I’m hopefully they became more humbled by this experience. In my personal opinion, companies like Capcom, EA and Square Enix has done much worse then what CD Project Red did.
They didn't "go a little too far." They lied about almost every element of the game.
They lied to investors and are being sued in a class action lawsuit for it.
They lied that the last gen versions of the game are in any way comperable to the PC version (or even playable).
They fraudulently took money from the Polish government for AI development and have almost no AI actually running in the game (even the pathing for cars is completely scripted which is why you immediately cause a huge traffic jam just by leaving a car in the middle of the road, and police teleport in to fight you rather than actually path to you).
It's a complete shit show. They committed crimes. Please don't undersell the level to which CD Projekt Red completely fucked this up in every conceivable way.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
They didn't "go a little too far." They lied about almost every element of the game.
They lied to investors and are being sued in a class action lawsuit for it.
They lied that the last gen versions of the game are in any way comperable to the PC version (or even playable).
They fraudulently took money from the Polish government for AI development and have almost no AI actually running in the game (even the pathing for cars is completely scripted which is why you immediately cause a huge traffic jam just by leaving a car in the middle of the road, and police teleport in to fight you rather than actually path to you).
It's a complete shit show. They committed crimes. Please don't undersell the level to which CD Projekt Red completely fucked this up in every conceivable way.
I’m not? I don’t do undersell the crimes a corporation has done. Besides I had no idea they done those things.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'd rather they have actual working AI. You know, like what was promised.
Ai was fine, its not a FPS so I'm willing to go easy on it. Maybe its cause I didn't follow the hype around it at all but judge on its on merit its a pretty amazing experience.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Ai was fine, its not a FPS so I'm willing to go easy on it. Maybe its cause I didn't follow the hype around it at all but judge on its on merit its a pretty amazing experience.
It's not fine. It's literally missing.
Police teleport in to kill you because they aren't able to path to you because they have no pathing AI.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I think by the end of it I had a pretty good, maybe decent time, but it was neither the game I'd hoped it'd be nor the game they promised. It's a decent generic GTA game with a sci-fi skin on it. Every interaction that might have had weight to it was stripped out for run of the mill "omg isn't the future wacky?" Sandbox borderlands, gta, Ubisoft inoffensive AAA style quests. I can only really say I had fun with it in that I thought the cyber skills were cool. The crafting skill was broken and useless, the cyberpunk implant stuff was largely just generic upgrades lacking any intrigue or minutia. It might as well not have bothered offering me choices.

It's almost laughably ironic that the noir societal cybervirus storyline ala GITS hinted at in the teaser trailer amounted to a by-the-numbers series of collectable bounties with zero story payoff. It just ends. The cynicism of the future is now I guess.

Even if they did more content I can't see myself coming back to cyberpunk without a complete ground up redesign and writing. If you asked me to grab a pen & paper to go role play the story line in this game I'd quit the group. It's insulting how fly by night the development of this game was.

Its a similar feeling I had towards Far Cry 6. After patching cyberpunk was just "ok". I'm not mad, but I am beyond let down.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I’m not? I don’t do undersell the crimes a corporation has done. Besides I had no idea they done those things.
No worries. Now you're up to speed. Don't take it too personal; @Dirty Hipsters was really looking forward towards the game. This is why you should not get caught too much in to the hype. I am not speaking for DH, but I know many, many people are/were upset and absolutely livid. Live and learn. Yet, certain gamers keep falling for the same thing over and over again.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
No worries. Now you're up to speed. Don't take it too personal; @Dirty Hipsters was really looking forward towards the game. This is why you should not get caught too much in to the hype. I am not speaking for DH, but I know many, many people are/were upset and absolutely livid. Live and learn. Yet, certain gamers keep falling for the same thing over and over again.
I’m all too familiar with getting caught in the hype and being disappointed by the final result. I kept mine in check for cyberpunk just like with any major release nowadays. I just didn’t expect this outcome to happen from them. It’s very important to be careful whenever a triple A game gets released nowadays. The big publishers have shown they will do anything to make a quick buck.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I actually wasn't, I always knew it was too good to be true. I've never actually liked any of CD Projekt's games, but I kept buying them because of their "consumer friendly" practices, especially with GOG. One of my friends is a huge fan though, absolutely loves Witcher 3 and was super hyped for it, which is why I know everything that was promised.

I'm less upset that the game didn't live up to the hype and more upset about the totally blatant lies the CD Projekt Red continued to make about this game right up to the moment it was released. The state that this game launched in is absolutely outrageous and their actions prior to release are even moreso. They absolutely deserve to lose all of the good will they ever had over this.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
I actually wasn't, I always knew it was too good to be true. I've never actually liked any of CD Projekt's games, but I kept buying them because of their "consumer friendly" practices, especially with GOG. One of my friends is a huge fan though, absolutely loves Witcher 3 and was super hyped for it, which is why I know everything that was promised.

I'm less upset that the game didn't live up to the hype and more upset about the totally blatant lies the CD Projekt Red continued to make about this game right up to the moment it was released. The state that this game launched in is absolutely outrageous and their actions prior to release are even moreso. They absolutely deserve to lose all of the good will they ever had over this.
CDPR is gonna need to do a lot of hard ass work to get back even ounce of good will. Maybe even more then what Hello Games did with No Man’s Sky.