Cyberpunk 2077 Review thread - Umm....

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Hmm, it looks like devs really are trying to make up for the launch disaster. And you know what? They get kudos from me. I mean fixing bugs is one thing, but adding back all the promised feature is a dedication that I think we're seeing less of these days

While it should never have happened in the first place, they were in a shitty new situation with it being their first game under a publicly traded company. Guess they had to learn the hard way but at least they appear to have largely made good on their initial word. This still doesn’t exactly inspire “Preorder me!” levels of confidence in their next game, but it’s a good start towards restoring lost goodwill.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Hmm, it looks like devs really are trying to make up for the launch disaster. And you know what? They get kudos from me. I mean fixing bugs is one thing, but adding back all the promised feature is a dedication that I think we're seeing less of these days
Kinda annoyed because I'm literally at the end of the game as of last night, I was just about to start Phantom liberty tonight. had no idea an update was coming. Probably would have waited on my play through. I'm probably gonna put the game down and play something else while we wait on the updates.

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Kinda annoyed because I'm literally at the end of the game as of last night, I was just about to start Phantom liberty tonight. had no idea an update was coming. Probably would have waited on my play through. I'm probably gonna put the game down and play something else while we wait on the updates.
Does this completely revamp the game, or will old saves still work?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Does this completely revamp the game, or will old saves still work?
I dont think they've had an update in some time that breaks save states. The only thing that broke recently was mods with the 2.0 update. Lot of them might break again. Reshade is still broken for me, but it looks like they are added VFX stuff which might incorporate most reshade features.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Well boo, all my mods are broken. They've definitely done something with the graphics, my 4090 actually seems like its taking a hit. The first thing that popped out at me is that all the textures have been cranked up to 11. Gonna give it a couple days at least until radioext is fixed.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So we just got a big snowstorm, which made traffic super bad so I missed my bus connection and had to take a massive detour using the city metro and ended up getting home an hour late. At which point, I sat down and fired up CP2077 to play with the new patch and ride the metro around town. 10/10, would play again.