Cyberpunk 2077 to be "Far, Far Bigger" Than The Witcher 3

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
havent played witcher 3 yet since i want to wait for the enhanced edition but this sounds promising. at least they dont come with a release date, then we are having a half botched port that requires patches like MKX.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I greatly desire this game. Deus Ex has left me with a thirst and if their work on the Witcher is any indication, this should be fucking solid gold.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Gonna throw my $.02 here, The Witcher 3 is a fantastic piece of art in every sense of gaming I can imagine (graphics, story, gameplay), but hell man I'm about 80 hours in with the end nowhere in sight. And I put 96 hours in my first Skyrim playthrough. The game is getting a bit too big and I'm actually starting to hesitate to play it now and just playing other bite-sized games instead, very scared I'll drop the ball on this one. And for the 1st time in our 6 years, my wife is actually starting to get concerned for my well-being.

CDPR, I *love* your shit to bits, played TW1 & TW2 multiple times, but come one, man. I think I'll be so Witchered out by the time the expansions come out, I won't even touch 'em. I know it sounds a bit crazy to be complaining about the size of a game when it's MORE content for your dollar, and it's also just as easy to say "too much game? Then quit doing sidequests and just finish it!?" but I'd like to not burn myself out either.

Well enough griping, hell even if 2077 is twice as big as TW3 I'll be getting it for sure, can't wait to see another take on the cyberpunk, there's been so much Victorian/midevil/post-apocalypse stuff going on that this will be very, very welcome. And just knowing that CDPR's behind it makes me more excited than a proton in a fusion reactor.

Quick edit: Yeah, I'll leave the comments above, but this post was written out of a bit of frustration. I realize it's probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever post. Out of all the things one could complain about in the video games industry, games being "too big" (if even possible) is probably like....lower than rock-fucking-bottom.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
OK, after the current ****storm we're still going through with Star Citizen and 343 accidentally hamstringing themselves with the always-60 FPS crap, I'm starting to get really cynical with these sorts of promises and predictions. Just cut it out already. Show what you have and let the game be done when it's done.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
TT Kairen said:
Doom972 said:
I hope they don't overdo it. Witcher 3 is great, but it has been 46 hours and I'm still in Velen.
Get used to that, the only other main gameplay area is Skellige. It's just they're both massive.
Yes, I found out that Velen and Novigrad are in the same region right after making that post. I was relieved when I discovered that.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Objectable said:
I wonder if they'll remember that non-white people exist.
*eyes bait suspiciously*

Anyone else seeing this?

I thought we discussed this.

No racial fishing in CD Projekt discussions.

Aug 31, 2012
Abomination said:
Objectable said:
I wonder if they'll remember that non-white people exist.
*eyes bait suspiciously*

Anyone else seeing this?

I thought we discussed this.

No racial fishing in CD Projekt discussions.
Heh...I was going to reply to that but thought better of it.

In an RPG set mainly in the urban US west coast, in a setting/genre that features heavy asian influence, written by a black man that has been working with them on the project, I imagine they'll "remember".

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
JohnnyDelRay said:
Gonna throw my $.02 here, The Witcher 3 is a fantastic piece of art in every sense of gaming I can imagine (graphics, story, gameplay), but hell man I'm about 80 hours in with the end nowhere in sight. And I put 96 hours in my first Skyrim playthrough. The game is getting a bit too big and I'm actually starting to hesitate to play it now and just playing other bite-sized games instead, very scared I'll drop the ball on this one. And for the 1st time in our 6 years, my wife is actually starting to get concerned for my well-being.

CDPR, I *love* your shit to bits, played TW1 & TW2 multiple times, but come one, man. I think I'll be so Witchered out by the time the expansions come out, I won't even touch 'em. I know it sounds a bit crazy to be complaining about the size of a game when it's MORE content for your dollar, and it's also just as easy to say "too much game? Then quit doing sidequests and just finish it!?" but I'd like to not burn myself out either.

Well enough griping, hell even if 2077 is twice as big as TW3 I'll be getting it for sure, can't wait to see another take on the cyberpunk, there's been so much Victorian/midevil/post-apocalypse stuff going on that this will be very, very welcome. And just knowing that CDPR's behind it makes me more excited than a proton in a fusion reactor.

Quick edit: Yeah, I'll leave the comments above, but this post was written out of a bit of frustration. I realize it's probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever post. Out of all the things one could complain about in the video games industry, games being "too big" (if even possible) is probably like....lower than rock-fucking-bottom.
Hey, just don't stress yourself out with the game. There's no reason to beat these kinds of games all in one go and burn yourself out while trying it. I am a bit similar to you, after about 75 hours I lost my interest in the game a bit. So i just stopped playing for a while and played some MGS 5 and New Vegas instead. Now i have picked the game up again and it's just great fun all over again. And now i have played 95 hours and can't wait for Heart of Stone to release.
I am a completionist with these kinds of games and you just have to accept that you can't finish giant games like this in one go. You'll just get bored from doing similar stuff over and over again and ruin your fun. You just got to play something else instead and come back to the game when you feel like it.

Zykon TheLich said:
Heh...I was going to reply to that but thought better of it.

In an RPG set mainly in the urban US west coast, in a setting/genre that features heavy asian influence, written by a black man that has been working with them on the project, I imagine they'll "remember".
Hehe, maybe they could make a joke out of it. Have the main character act all surprised when the first non-white person shows up.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
CD Project has my respect after Witchers 2 and 3 (To the point where the new expansion next week is the first time I'm digitally pre-ordering a product), but I really do want some gameplay before I get excited.

Dinadan

Nov 12, 2009
Sounds insanely ambitious, but considering that CDPR made the Witcher world bigger one game at a time, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. There are FAR too few good cyberpunk games out anyway. Now I only need to finally buy Witcher 3 and play it..... Any second now...

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
This again?
They need more than a name and their studio rep to convince me of a game.
I'd like some decent sci-fi writing, but this, still, is literally nothing. I think we have more information on HL3 than on this.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I'm all for big games, and epic experiences. But do we really need something bigger than the Witcher 3? I mean that game was massive and you could dump an easy 100 hours into the game. But while the questing content and the exploring was fantastic, I must admit that by the time I was nearing the endgame, I really was ready for the game to end and I blew off a lot of the side stuff in Skelege as after 85 hours I was just ready to wrap the experience up even as great as it was. I feel like making a game bigger, risks side quest burnout from simply too much.

Is that a thing? Can a game be TOO big? Because I am starting to think that it certainly can.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Please just let me have a super duper intricate character creator and some assets that reflect the classic art style of Cyberpunk 2020. Or even like the woman in the concept art they showed for the 2077 promo. I want that big 80s hair in-game. <3

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Do we have anything more than the teaser to look at, it's been ages since it was announced. Still, anything by these guys is worth a look at.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
In all honesty what they're planning as the scope in size is almost terrifying to me. It took me WEEKS to get through my first playthrough of Witcher 3, not including the expansions( They've not been released yet future readers). I can't imagine how long this one will take me to get through. HOWEVER I am looking forward to the release of the product as Witcher III easily counts among my top of favorite games.

wildstars

May 24, 2013
This reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis. Thats not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all.

Also: Mike Pondsmith is doing video games now? I wonder if he'll get a snazzy Mekton video game out in my lifetime.