Czech President Issues Appeal For Arma 3 Devs

CryoSynth

Jun 2, 2011
-Dragmire- said:
Andy Chalk said:
Czech President Issues Appeal For Arma 3 Devs

".... I want to ask you, Mr. President, to follow this unfortunate affair with special attention considering the excellent relations between our nations so this does not throw unnecessary shade onto our relationship..."
You know, Gandhi said something eerily similar to me in civilization just before kicking my ass.
Yeah reading his statement it's like the exact sort of thing a leader in a strategy game says before going to war if you don't obey his demands.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
major_chaos said:
albino boo said:
Well perhaps the Czech government should take action about its citizens going foreign countries, photographing military installations while selling military training. http://products.bisimulations.com/training
Do you have some program set to notify you whenever a thread about this happens so you can pop in and repeat the same thing despite having been told why it makes no sense by several people each time?

OT: good, maybe with some political pressure this nonsense can be resolved more quickly.
I think he just likes the notifications at this point.

OT: If that isn't a thinly veiled threat, I dunno what is.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
".... I want to ask you, Mr. President, to follow this unfortunate affair with special attention considering the excellent relations between our nations so this does not throw unnecessary shade onto our relationship..."
Is that... Does that sound like? Is he threatening him? Or blackmail or whatever you want to call it. Because it sounds like it to me.

Also, isn't this a job for the Czech embassy?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So decyphering diplomatics:
"Make sure our guys are ok or our international relationships are going to sink"

P.S. capcha: Gold medal
well thank you

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
wombat_of_war said:
VBS2 cotains the following :
http://resources.bisimulations.com/content/
First two choices:
AF Civilian Men
AF Civilian Men (Angry)
both look EXACTLY THE SAME.
funny funny

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I really hope this helps the situation for the two fellows. Greece is obviously a pit when it comes to competent governments.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Their intentions are irrelevant, they willingly broke the law and shouldn't be given any special treatment for it. It doesn't matter if they were planning on only using the photos for game development or if they were planning on using them for something more sinister. They intentionally trespassed on an area they knew they weren't allowed to go to, they deliberately broke the law. They were given a warning and chose to say "fuck you" to it and ignore it, now they pay the price.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
FelixG said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Is that... Does that sound like? Is he threatening him? Or blackmail or whatever you want to call it. Because it sounds like it to me.

Also, isn't this a job for the Czech embassy?
Next week the airport in question is leveled by a Czech bombing run. "There, now they dont have pictures of any classified instillation."
Heh, well I meant he might have been threatening to make trade relations more difficult or something like that. Given Greece's economic troubles that would hurt them a fair bit.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
albino boo said:
Well perhaps the Czech government should take action about its citizens going foreign countries, photographing military installations while selling military training. http://products.bisimulations.com/training
madster11 said:
albino boo said:
They got pissed at a company building a model of a strategically important island by a company that sells military training.
What, you mean this island?
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/islandm.jpg/]

With this 'military' base?
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/airporte.jpg/]

And these bomber targets?
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/airplanes.jpg/]

Yeah. Bullshit charges from a bullshit country. Australia is just as likely to be invaded in this day and age, and also has a combined military/regular airport. Want me to go take my DSLR and get some pictures of the tail numbers on some F/A-18s?
I can, you know. It's because my government aren't fucking tards and know anybody who goes to war can afford to get some, you know, satellite images or perhaps some long range photos from a nearby mountain. Or a small child with a pen (crayon) camera.

Here, have a picture of our hangers in incredibly high detail:
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/hiluxh.jpg/]

Do you know why we don't care about pictures of our bases?
Because we have these things called 'radar' and 'SAM's and because any retard can find satellite images of 99.9% of the earth for free, let alone buying them from companies who don't care if they're not meant to take pictures of certain areas. Why the hell would you send 2 random guys with a video camera to get your information? What purpose could that serve, to then leave the incriminating files un-encrypted on their video camera instead of swallowing a MicroSD card or 5?

No. Apparently common sense goes out the window when paranoid idiots are in power. This is nothing but scapegoating so the government LOOKS like they're actually doing something, yet it's backfired because now the whole world is going to search for this mythical air base and suddenly people who got back from holiday are going to go 'Hey! I have a pic of that place! Imma put it on facebook!'.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Baldr said:
Arma 3 is not a defense. They work for a company that is known to sell military intelligence. The United States has the same law against photography of sensitive military installations(even from public areas).
When you can't distinguish between tools (here, simulations like ArmA and VBS) and intelligence, I suggest you keep out of conversations like this.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Baldr said:
Arma 3 is not a defense. They work for a company that is known to sell military intelligence. The United States has the same law against photography of sensitive military installations(even from public areas).
But in the US, the punishment is a $500 fine or 1 year in prison, and has no prohibited structures within view of the public. The only exceptions would be photography that's forbidden within federal property (as in, indoors), not forbidden from the street like in this case. I think that's a pretty huge distinction.

Edit: And still, fucking espionage?

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
The one problem I have with this is greece who the fuck wants to go to war with you, we are in a relative time of peace (except for the middle east and protests) and you're worried about espionage... its not like its the cold war or anything

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Oh Greece, you are funny. You at it again you cheeky scamps. Awww, I remember you did the same with a bunch of plane spotters who took photos of planes. You took them to court and everything, wasting taxpayers money.... Greece and your money troubles lurking about, your like a toddler with dads credit card.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
albino boo said:
This is so funny :-D

It seems like we want to sell the info while all we are going to do is to study aforementioned info and use it during our mad conquest of Greece. Because, you know, we always craved for bit of a sea shore and everything north of us is just too cold.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Oh, silly Greece...

"Once you have scrubbed all the floors in Athens, then we can speak about mercy! Take them away!"