D&D Classes.

superstringz

Jul 6, 2010
I'm pretty much always a wizard.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling really daring, I'll play sorcerer instead. (3.5 all the way)

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
maxmanrules said:
Warlocks! Infernal powers and hellish pacts! Shooting purple lances of eldritch death!
And often time, selling your soul to the forces of the lower planes

I really don't like 3.5 Warlocks. They just never sat right with me. Then again, in real life, I detest the Occult, so that might have something to do with it.

OT: I like Monks due to how overpowered they can get in 3.5

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I'm strictly 3.5/Pathfinder, so I don't even know the differencces. But I prefer rogues and I'm kind of fond of spellblades.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Amondren said:
Hey all recently I've been flipping through the Player's Handbook's of 4th Edition D&D and I've been wondering two things. For one what is the general escapists favorite class to play. Secondly what is the Escapists least favorite class to DM (If you DM).Doesnt matter what edition just matter's why. So whats your favored class.

I like playing as a Wizard because I like the idea of controlling the battle field from behind the scenes in the middle of the group being protected. I dislike DMing Battleminds (4E) just cause I feel that they can be too powerful as strikers.
Rogue is my favoured class, simply because I enjoy playing the part. Be it con man or assassin (Not Assassin, mind), Rogue's kind of my favourite catch-all.

I hated running games for Wizards. Though, the issues that were most problematic no longer exist in 4E, and so it probably wouldn't be an issue anymore. But in 3.X, they were damn annoying.

Sep 13, 2010
I'm currently playing a crusader right now and I like it quite a lot, mostly because you never run out of powers. This is why I dislike wizards and such, I never use my spells cause I always think something bigger is around the corner. The classes I dislike DMing are when the whole party plays fighter types and fix all problems by hitting them.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
CM156 said:
Yeah... After level 20, you're able to speak to any living thing, not age, immune to poison, and can totally be able to smash a boulder with your flaccid dick if you so felt like it.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
4ed can piss off. right

Paladin/Fighters, rogue/barbs, Warlock/anything so long as your con and dex is good.

Okay im a gestalt whore.

In fact, i fucking love warlocks. You can turn a melee class into a true monster with horrendous blow pumping something like 10d6 (10d10 with certain non core feats) into your basic melee attack..and if you are a power attack/two handed/bruiser (noncore feat, doubles bonus from powert attack, after it's intrinsic two handed double) along with cleave and greater cleave you become a true monster. also. baleful polymorph. Bulette is now bunny. Squish at leisure.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Steam Colossus said:
4e. I like *looks around nervously* bards...
Bards!?!? WE GOT A HERETIC IN HERE! GRAB YOUR TORCHES!

zHellas said:
CM156 said:
Yeah... After level 20, you're able to speak to any living thing, not age, immune to poison, and can totally be able to smash a boulder with your flaccid dick if you so felt like it.
Let's not forget the fact that they their fists count as magical, law-aligned, and Adamantine weapons. They get 10+Class Level spell resistance, and they can go ethereal for several rounds.
Oh, and the are immune to diseases as well as poison

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
CM156 said:
Steam Colossus said:
Bards!?!? WE GOT A HERETIC IN HERE! GRAB YOUR TORCHES!

zHellas said:
CM156 said:
Let's not forget the fact that they their fists count as magical, law-aligned, and Adamantine weapons. They get 10+Class Level spell resistance, and they can go ethereal for several rounds.
Oh, and the are immune to diseases as well as poison
Improved natural weaponry which increase the to-hit dice! And if you are shifter you can increase SIZE CATEGORY of actual damage dealt with each feat taken. Not that i'd allow such abuse of the non core books in my games..unless it was from the BOVD.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
well i play version 3.5 and i'm usually a rogue or a ranger. i guess i just like being the one to deliver the first blow haha.

quantum mechanic

Jul 8, 2009
I've had lots of fun in 4th edition as both a wizard and a warlock (eladrin and drow/dark pact, respectively). Playing a predator druid was also fun, but a little frustrating at times in my last campaign (mostly because the DM was giving a lot of help in and out of game to the 2 new players; slightly overpowered builds, environments/encounters that they would be especially good at, etc. That would have been fine, but it was annoying when the land-of-undead-that-only-the-cleric-is-effective-against stretched on for weeks).

In 3.5, I like druids and wizards, although wizards are quite frustrating at 1st level (4 spells per day, only one or two of which does any damage, and 4 hit points). I'd like to try playing a rogue as well.

Suicidal_Ferret

Aug 9, 2010
Steam Colossus said:
Bards are awesome broski. My friend played a bard and spent the entire time being diplomatic. It was great because when we killed innocents, he would convince the guards that it was always in self defense. Love bards. Love DMing with bards.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
It's hard to say, I like Warlocks (with Dark Pact) if I just want balls to the wall damage, Battleminds if I want invincible engines of death, and Bards when I want to solve every problem forever.

I play 4e.

EDIT: I take that back, hybrids :D

They normally get called OP...

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
The amount of 4ed makes me sad, especially since said people haven't played 3.5 to compare its gutted, souless, corporate cashin shittiness to.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
I stayed away from 4th edition. It's MMORPG on paper to me.

Back in 3.0 and 3.5, Druid is the class I play most. I pump all my points into wisdom since Wild Shape gives me the physical attributes of the animals. Combined with a feat that allows me to cast spells in my wild shape form I can be in the middle of a fight, deal physical damage, cast support and healing spells, summon animals to help fight, cast damage dealing spells, etc.

CoDzilla forever!

My favorite way to play, however, is as a lawful stupid paladin.

Detect Evil
Smite
Ask questions later.

HalBuzzkill

Apr 15, 2011
I play 3.5, and I have to say I like playing Ranger or Rogue. Probably because they go hand in hand with my love of ranged weapons and my wishing I could be stealthy, probably. I've never multiclassed though.
As for the other question, I've never DMed a game, but for some reason my campaign's current one really doesn't like wizards.