D.I.C.E. 2013: J.J. Abrams and Gabe Newell Tease Portal Movie

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Akalabeth said:
No.
Abrams make some good movies,

Who cares.

That's just it.. Yes most of his movies are good but he just isn't capable as far as his brief directing experience has proven thus far actually capable of making a great movie. So not only has he forever altered the Star Trek universe and not necessarily for the good, and is about to do the same to Star War, but he is attempting to apply his cliff notes style of directing and story telling to a game saga that should remain just that.. A game...

That's why anyone who have seen any thing sci-fi at this point should care what Abrams is about to ruin.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
So to put it simply, if we get a Portal movie, Glados will end up coming out with some random quote that makes the entire movie make less sense, Chell will get shot and die, and the movie will abruptly end and never get a sequel.

Yes. I AM still pissed off about the ending of Alcatraz.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Colour me pessimistic but I don't see a Portal movie working. In the time it would take to watch the movie, you could play the game itself and have a good deal more fun. Want an audience as you play? Invite friends over. Believe me, watching Portal being played is almost as fun as doing the actual playing and your friends don't have to cough up twelve bucks each for the experience.

Now, a Half Life movie? That would work. Abrams style of cinematography (yes, lens flare and all) would portray that particular universe quite well and there's enough story in-game to make a movie stand up.