D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
"Do we always leave this early? I mean, come on! We were just getting started! Does D.I.C.E. have some kind of after-search team?"
Aaron appeared nonchalantly behind Danny and Sophia. "There are two possible reasons for this," Aaron began as he enlightened the pair, "Either they don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for agents anymore and are relieving us with a proper team," Aaron's face frowned as he considersed the second option; he was clearly plotting something. "Or there are some "sensitive" things here that the upper-ups don't want everyone knowing about.". At this point he tried to restrain Danny's detective urges. "Look Danny, I know that some things are unsettled here, and it's best to simply let it be. You'll grow used to it, and besides, there are some things you shouldn't stick your head into, it'll only get chopped off."

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
A slurry of responses came to Eligor's suggestion, all of them shooting it down. If the scientist didn't want to go after the test subject, that was his problem. Eligor was just glad that he got a chance to, shall we say, make his mark on that lesser demon's life. He was ready to follow Isabelle and Richard to the jets for some well deserved rest. Isabelle was as cold as ever to Eligor, disappointing, but being part of a family that had a long history of demon-slaying tended to colour one's views of demons. Bound in a blade or not, Eligor was a demon first and a weapon second to Isabelle, it seemed.

"....Suggesting that we find him doesn't improve my opinion about demons all that much, no offence intended Eligor."

"No offence taken." Eligor chuckled, "In fact, it is quite a compliment to see you still regard me as a danger."

He turned to Richard and nodded, "If you're happy to let him go, then I don't see why we shouldn't."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Someone else heading there as well?"

"Yeah, I'm heading to the jets, feel free to join me," Garath replied, as he began to walk out of the clearing in the direction of where the jets had landed. It seemed like Isabelle was going to put together a group to find Elizer, and he wanted to be on his way to the jets before he could be drafted into helping.

"So, Richard, any idea how that hooded guy absorbed the demon?" he said as Richard caught up with him, "Or better yet any idea who or what he was?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"If you're happy to let him go, then I don't see why we shouldn't."

Richard looked back at the sword, who had found Richard to be the representative for the D6 biology gang, which was bad considering that few of them would agree with him. He decided to ignore the demon-blade, lest he would get in even more trouble if they actually did let Eliezer go. Instead he joined Garath, who had invited him to walk with him.

"So, Richard, any idea how that hooded guy absorbed the demon?" he said as Richard caught up with him, "Or better yet any idea who or what he was?"

Richard shook his head, there were, sadly, way too many things that were beyond his knowledge about demons. "The only thing I know is that that demon had a lot of mass. If the hooded man really did absorb it, rather than teleport it or remove it existence somehow, it would take a lot of reactions and digesting in a really short amount of time." He tidied his hair and removed the small patch of hair that had fallen into his eyes, which he often did when he thought, and added; "As for the hooded man, probably either a really strong demon, or a different being all together. I doubt he is human, but I could be mistaken. Also, I do believe there might have been something hidden in the demon, or golem as that spirit-friend of Isabelle named it, else there would be little reason for the hooded man to get rid of the corpse like that."
Of course, this was just guesses, the truth was, as Richard knew, that they didn't have much to go on. Hopefully, they would get to the jets soon, so he could lie down. To make the time go faster, he asked Garath;
"So, what did you and that other guy do to the demon? I mean, you kept it from moving, right? How?"

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"So, what did you and that other guy do to the demon? I mean, you kept it from moving, right? How?"

"You mean the binding? Its basically how summoners control spirits or demons, basically I try to mind control it," he paused, considering how to explain it, "I sort of project my mind into theirs and try to take over, if I have a stronger mind I win, if not then they win, its a bit trickier than that though, their minds are, wired differently I guess, so I have to make mine work similarly to be able to get into theirs, sort of like a round peg in a square hole, about half the incantation is making my thoughts compatible with its mind."

He shook his head, trying to clear it, his thoughts still seemed a bit sluggish and he had a bit of a headache left over from the binding.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"I sort of project my mind into theirs and try to take over, if I have a stronger mind I win, if not then they win, its a bit trickier than that though, their minds are, wired differently I guess, so I have to make mine work similarly to be able to get into theirs, sort of like a round peg in a square hole, about half the incantation is making my thoughts compatible with its mind."

Garath shook his head after he had explained, he seemed to be a bit out of it. Richard decided that pestering the man with questions, which he really wanted to, wasn't the best option. "A demon's mind," he thought. "I do wonder how it's different from ours. If there had been clue, somewhere, I would have been able to see just what kind of genes made their mind different." He looked over at Garath again, if only slightly. "Also, what makes someone capable of projecting their mind into a different being?"

Richard had since long realized that there was a whole world of things most people didn't know about, and that most outsiders would say was impossible. A scientist wasn't supposed to believe what couldn't be proven with tests, yet he didn't doubt that there existed magic and spirits which had a seemingly impossible existence, even more than demons and their realm. At least those two were solid. Magic was simply energy, and if not that, something else that had yet not been discovered or proven. Spirits were made of atoms, or they weren't, also something no one could say for sure. What the D.I.C.E. scientists knew was scarce on the topic, since they usually only needed to know how it worked, and what the effect was.

Richard as well had a lesser interest in anything not involving DNA, and he cared mostly about what alleles was responsible for the difference between someone being able to use magic, and someone unable. For the time being, only information brought on by conversation was present, and even that kind of information was useful, seeing as reading the genome was impossible without some clues.

"So, what did you use to do before you joined D.I.C.E.? And what kind of magic do you use?" Richard asked when Garath looked a bit better.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"No offence taken." Said an amused Eligor amidst a chuckle. "In fact, it is quite a compliment to see you still regard me as a danger."

"Well, despite you being a demon bound within a sword Eligor, I have a small amount of respect for you; seeing as though your fighting against demons, so I figured a compliment would be kind." Isabelle remarked, briefly showing a smile. She then looked around and saw that there were very few people left to form a team. Seems like they would be leaving Eliezer behind.

"It seems like we shall be ill staffed to perform a full search of the area for Eliezer. Then again its what happens when you aren't much of a team player, and simply run off. I shall inform the Lieutenant when we return about Eliezer's disappearance; hopefully a recovery team can be sent. We should make haste back to the jets." She said, returning her sword to its sheathe, then turned to face Eligor.

"Will you be okay getting back to the jet on your own, or will you want someone to carry you?"

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
"It looks as though we're back in business.." Crow mused as the lights and computers powered up again.

Feeling as though the higher ups would perhaps object to Div 6's pet demon delivering the report, he quietly placed his notepad on the console in front of Lara, on which he'd noted down all they'd managed to uncover within the base. The young boy commanding demons, the girl who was abducted, the hacking of the system, the She the "scientist" referred to before attacking.

He did this moreso for ease of reference as opposed to doubting that Lara would have forgotten anything. It was simply his tendancy to be helpful.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"So, what did you use to do before you joined D.I.C.E.? And what kind of magic do you use?"

"I use illusions mostly, a bit of necromancy just to hear what the dead have to say, and occasionally summoning and binding, not so much the last two just because of how risky they are," He replied, his head was feeling much better now, though he was still tired, "Before DICE I was a magician, a good one too."

He smiled as he said this, remembering his life before DICE, "I performed all over the country, a rising star of sorts," he sighed, then turned towards Richard "How about you? What did you do before DICE?"

By this point they had nearly reached the jets, and could see them through the trees.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar could hear something in the distance and looked down her scope, seeing Garath and Richard through some trees. She wondered if either of them would even recognize her and let out a long, drawn out sigh. If they were leaving now she could actually get some proper clothes and some sleep, also the thought of getting a proper room on base excited her because her previous accommodation was practically a big cell.

As her thoughts wandered Azkar began wondering what dying properly would be like. A bit sullen, Azkar then smirked and stroked the side of her SG550. "I'll try and do some good first I think."
Azkar continued smirking as she let her gun hang down and got off the crate. Then started waving her arms to try and get their attention, maybe make them hurry up.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"I performed all over the country, a rising star of sorts," he sighed, then turned towards Richard "How about you? What did you do before DICE?"

Richard smiled. "Pretty much the same as I do now, minus the whole team thing. When I found out about demons about five years ago, I got interested. Long story short, I kinda borrowed samples from operations and did my own research. Of course, with my limited researching tools, I mostly took a look at the DNA and tried to put one and one together." He could see the jets, they were close by. Someone waved her hands, but he was too far away to see who, so he started walking faster. Garath would probably either follow that speed, or hear what he said anyway.

"As for how I managed to sneak into D.I.C.E. operations... I guess it was because it was hard for people to believe someone would actually go into a demons nest and steal their samples. However, they did know about me for at least a year, it was only half a year ago when they finally got fed up they actually confronted me."

When he could recognize Azkar, he saw that she had changed again. Her hair was now black, and eyes blue. Also, she seemed... a lot more vulnerable, and was wearing what seemed to be a... blanket-coat thing? She was armed as well, for some reason, which added to the feeling that something was amiss. "Azkar," he said. "Where were you? I thought you were going to be killing that big demon-thingy?" Richard then swallowed, having not yet forgotten about how unstable Azkar was. "No offense, of course, I'm just curious."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Well, apparently, we accomplished our objective, which was secure the base and get communications back up. Which we did, so that means we're done,"

"Well when you put it that way, that's even more depressing," Danny replied. It reminded him of his early days as a police officer. It was just an endless cycle of crimes. It started with going to a crime scene, investigating it then finding nothing. Maybe if they could be bothered they'd run a few tests and if they were lucky they would something. They would then do a search and if they were really lucky they'd get a hit. They'd arrest the suspect, slap him on the wrist then let him go to commit more crimes, and then the cycle would start again. Of course, that changed when Danny had enough. Never again would a criminal commit the same crime again, especially if they had Danny's attention.

"Still wanna be careful, though, these things hide like cockroaches."

"We already went on a bug-hunt," he joked. "Speaking of bugs, do giant-mutant insects exist? I mean, if anyone was to stomp them it'd be D.I.C.E. right?" He decided to focus his curiosity on D.I.C.E. in general; it would serve him better in the future considering they probably wouldn't be going back. He had a million questions he wanted answered, and he figured why not take advantage of this opportunity while going back to the plane. Although somewhat serious -he didn't want to go the way of Aaron, or did he?- she seemed patient and tolerant enough. Regardless of her patience and tolerance for his questions, he'd ask away. After all. it was her obligation as a member of D.I.C.E.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
"Speaking of bugs, do giant-mutant insects exist? I mean, if anyone was to stomp them it'd be D.I.C.E. right?"

"It depends on whether or not they need to be exorcised." This time, Aaron took it upon himself to bear the burden of Danny's questions. "If not, I believe that there's at least one secret paramilitary organization out there. I remember seeing the list of things on the UN Security Council's speed dial, and I seem to remember that one something to do with super humans. This world is a big place," remarked Aaron wistfully as he kept walking.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Isabelle briefly smiled as she said her piece. The compliment was wasted on him if it was only out for respect for fighting his own kind, as Eligor didn't really have a choice in the matter. It was like thanking a gun for shooting something. Nevertheless, a compliment was a compliment. However that one question was left hanging in the air, Eligor was torn between the proud choice and the humble choice. Blow off Isabelle and float away or take her up on her offer. No doubt she wanted to examine the sword more closely, but Eligor also got something out of the little deal: with all his years encased in the blade, he could tell a swordsman apart from a common man just from the way the person held him. It would satisfy his curiosity and her technique and hers about him. After a little internal debate, he made his choice.

"...Will you be okay getting back to the jet on your own, or will you want someone to carry you?"

"I am grateful for the offer and accept it graciously," Eligor said, giving a brief bow and offering the pommel to Isabelle. "As to the other matter, I agree, let the recovery team handle it."

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"Well when you put it that way, that's even more depressing."

Sophia shrugged. "Why? We're finished. They'll send some guys to keep the base secure, and we get to go back to base and drink coffee," she said as she held the door open that lead outside. The evac jets were clearly visible, and not too far away.

"Well, you do, anyway," she continued, wiping some of the blood from her face. "I get to stay up and clean guns."

"We already went on a bug-hunt," he joked. "Speaking of bugs, do giant-mutant insects exist? I mean, if anyone was to stomp them it'd be D.I.C.E. right?"

"I ain't seen any," she replied with another shrug. "Then again, I'm not exactly a senior member. I guess if they really wanted, a demon could take the appearance of a giant bug, but what good would that do? Unless it was something with arms. ... Great, now I'm gonna be seeing massive praying manti in my sleep."

In addition to everything else, she thought to herself. Sleep never came easy to me.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
"Erm... Hi?"

"Hi?"

The man at the other end of the called sounded befuddled by The captain's casualness.

"I'll just assume you're a D5 with no experience in protocol. I have some agents coming in to take over at the facility you're standing in. Gather whoever is in your squad and move out back to your jet. You will be debrief later"

After the pair of DICE jets landed, the first opened up to a mix of scientists and soldiers, fully armed and ready to get into the building. Out of the second jet stepped Col. Lin, accompanied by a young red haired woman in glasses. He looked out towards the team assembling back into their own jet and caught sight of the Lieutenant, then waved him over for the debrief.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I am grateful for the offer and accept it graciously," Eligor said, offering a brief bow before possessing the blade to Isabelle. "As to the other matter, I agree, let the recovery team handle it."

"Glad we agree." Isabelle remarked briefly before taking a firm grip on the pommel of the sword. She then held the grip with one hand, whilst balancing the blade with the other; allowing her to have a closer examination down its front. A look of intrigue appeared as she noticed the blade's design.

"I must say Eligor, despite the age of this sword, some of its detailing is exquisite, and rather unique. The materials that were used to make such a thing, I haven't ever seen used in the art of sword making before." Isabelle then wiped her hand across the blade, wiping off any blood or dirt, so she could see the inscription more clearly. She recognised the runic langauge used, and could even translate it. The two of them then began the walk back towards the jets, Vayle following closely behind them.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Garath looked at the girl, was she really Azkar? She looked almost the same but the armor, was gone and her hair and eye color had changed. Richard was addressing her as Azkar, and the others on the jet weren't correcting him.

"Azkar? Is that you? You've lost weight," he said, "What happened to your suit? did you send it in to get cleaned?"

He smiled awkwardly, clearly concerned as to what had happened. He glanced over the others in the plane, he recognized most of them, either from past missions with DICE or from the flight out here.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar glared at Garath and whipped out her pistol, firing several shots in between his feet. Then with a wicked stare, accusingly asked "Are you implying I was overweight?"

Azkar ejected the magazine and cleared the chamber, then threw the magazine at Garath's stomach, fairly hard. "Well in a stroke of 'luck', I lost all of my powers and quirks." Azkar spat it out sarcastically and held her cheeks in her hands, frowning, she then whined. "Being Human sucks, you guys also suck. How long did it take you to kill that retarded worm thing? Seriously? It would have been faster to film a documentary on how the thing dies of old age."
Azkar flung up her hands and continued her rant, "Also, where is everyone? If this happened in any other mission I'd been on we'd all be dead. We're lucky the Demons ran off."

Azkar stood up and walked up to Richard, poking him firmly in-between the ribs. "I was off losing everything, wasn't I? I was a little busy to help you guys with a shitty flesh golem. So excuse me." She then grabbed him by the shirt with both hands and started shaking him, starting to sob. "I don't even know why I'm angry all of a sudden..." Azkar let go and rubbed at her eyes, then ran back onto the plane.

Azkar cried as she sat tucked away in with the cargo, then laughed mockingly "Immortality and super powers for emotions and hormones. The mortal world really has no prizes."