D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
At first, Azkar reacted to Garath's somewhat direct words, by shooting towards the man and getting angry and annoyed. Richad took a step away, but after she was done with Garath, he was next. She came closer, and poked him. It was bothersome, however, considering how she had treated Garath, Richard didn't really feel like taking a chance with her mood like that.

"I was off losing everything, wasn't I? I was a little busy to help you guys with a shitty flesh golem. So excuse me." She then grabbed him by the shirt with both hands and started shaking him, starting to sob. "I don't even know why I'm angry all of a sudden..."

When Azkar spoke in a sad voice, shaking him with little force compared to before, she suddenly seemed... so small. "You lost everything? Does that mean you're just a normal human?" he asked, but she ran away, into the jet. Richard looked towards Garath to see if he was okay, before heading in himself, trying to find somewhere to relax. He heard sobbing, and then laugher.

"Immortality and super powers for emotions and hormones. The mortal world really has no prizes."

Since he was fairly close to the cargo, he spotted Azkar. "Yeah," he added as he stood there, trying to decide whether he would go to the seats straight away, or if he would try to see if there were something to clean the shotgun with. He hadn't noticed it until he got into the jet, but the shotgun had blood on it from the demon. "It's really boring, the mortal life I mean." He looked in the cargo around Azkar for the items, but to be honest he had no idea what kind of items that would be, and instead he seemed completely lost.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Isabelle, Vayle and Eligor soon arrived back at the jet; amidst a commotion between Richard, Garath, and someone who looked rather much like Azkar, but different; who had stormed off deeper into the jet. As she boarded, Isabelle placed the sword that housed Eligor down on a nearby chair, and headed towards the cargo room, where she could hear the sounds of someone sobbing, with Richard standing around looking lost,and still holding on to that shotgun of is from earlier.

"What happened here Richard? And Azkar, its nice to see you back." Isabelle said in a concerned voice. Meanwhile, Vayle had been looking closely at Azkar, trying to figure out what had happened to her. She seemed confused by everything.

"Uh Master, something has caused a change in Miss Azkar's spirit; she is no longer registering as a half-demon in my astral sight."

"So, what is she registering as?"

"Mortal."

"I see." Isabelle sat down towards Azkar. "I'm sorry for your loss, being what you were; looked as if it was such a joy to you. Your still a valued member of this team, regardless of what you are physically." Without looking at Richard, she spoke in a calm tone.

"If your looking for something to clean that shotgun with, there are some cleaning supplies at the back of the cargo hold; on the right hand side, top layer of the container. Its where they are usually kept."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
After a short while Isabelle, Eligor and Vayle joined them in the cargo room. When Isabelle asked Richard what had happened, he sent her a look that said "Heck if I know", and continued looking around. Isabelle spoke to Vayle, and then to Azkar, so he decided to keep quiet. Suddenly Isabelle spoke to him, or at least, he assumed she did;

"If your looking for something to clean that shotgun with, there are some cleaning supplies at the back of the cargo hold; right hand side, top layer."

"Right," Richard answered, and looked where Isabelle had told him to. Almost instantly he found it. "Thanks." Already carrying the shotgun and his suitcase, he put down the latter and started cleaning the shotgun carefully. He realized the difference between the cleaning supplies meant for the shotgun, and the ones he had used before instantly, and while it was a bit more difficult to do, he managed to clean it somewhat decently fast, and tidied up what he had used. He had seen that many would keep cleaning it for almost an hour or so, but he only wanted it clean, not polished. He thought of getting back to his seat, but stayed in case something interesting happened in the cargo, considering how Azkar could react. He did keep his distance, of course.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Why? We're finished. They'll send some guys to keep the base secure, and we get to go back to base and drink coffee,"

"Personally, I find more enjoyment in helping secure and scour a place. Coffee can wait, my curiosity really can't," Danny replied. What was stopping him from drinking coffee on the job anyway? He wouldn't spill, he never did.

"Well, you do, anyway," she continued, wiping some of the blood from her face. "I get to stay up and clean guns."

The blood she wiped off fell on Danny's feet and it was at that moment he considered the agony she could have went through when she shed that blood. Danny assumed that it was a non-issue but it felt very real when on his shoes. He disregarded the thought and wiped it off on the grass.

"I ain't seen any," she replied with another shrug. "Then again, I'm not exactly a senior member. I guess if they really wanted, a demon could take the appearance of a giant bug, but what good would that do? Unless it was something with arms. ... Great, now I'm gonna be seeing massive praying manti in my sleep."

"You answered your own question, fear. You expect a demon, but you don't expect a 6-foot tall praying mantis, for example. If I was a demon, I'd take the form of the thing they last expect. Maybe a clown, if D.I.C.E. members aren't well versed in Stephen King's IT. Funny that, becau-" Danny stopped him from self from explaining; there was a chance Sophia hadn't read or seen IT. He hated spoilers and they were right next to petty thieves on his list of loathing. It was the only time he was careful, or aware, of what he said to others. Danny didn't consider the fact they may not care about the spoiling of their entertainment, and that they took some of his other comments more to heart. "Say, have you seen IT? A work of Stephen King I find oddly relevant in this conversation." He refused to say more.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar leaned toward Isabelle and said flatly "I'm glad to be rid of that pathetic corruption, I wish I was older." Azkar stared at her large boots and waved them around slightly. "As for mortality being boring, I'd say sitting around doing nothing for an incomprehensible amount of time is more boring..." she then slammed her boots down hard. "I do miss a few things though."

Azkar laughed at Richard when she realized what he was doing. "You really need to clean that gun already? How many times did you even use it?" She then waved her arms around while she was still sitting as if she were wielding a two handed weapon. "I have to say guns are fairly boring compared to a decent sword though..."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"You really need to clean that gun already? How many times did you even use it?"

Azkar said, mocking him, and waving her arms around. Richard wasn't fazed by her attitude, and instead tilted his head. "Well, only four times. However, considering how close I fired it and the amount of blood on the outside, not cleaning it could have bad consequences, right? Also, I like my items clean and ready for use," he said, and loaded the shotgun again. The empty shells he put in the box he had received them in, and then in his pocket.

"I have to say guns are fairly boring compared to a decent sword though..."

"I do agree," Richard said. "It's a horribly idiotic weapon, this shotgun, considering how it leaves the corpses. However, I can't use a sword, so I don't really have much of a choice if I want to protect myself. It's a good thing I'm not a soldier, right?" Richard looked at Azkar, smiling self-assured, not really showing much concern for anything. He then looked over at the seats, remembering something. "Oh, and also, I forgot my helmet before, but no worries, I didn't need it anyways. If I had been in need of it, I would have been dead."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Garath checked himself to make sure none of the shots had hit him, "Christ, don't do that!"

He could see that she had started talking to, or rather yelling at, Richard, so he climbed into the plane and found a seat. He stuck his fingers in his ears, trying to get the ringing from the gunshots to stop, at least his head was clear from the binding now. Once the ringing had stopped he pulled out his deck of cards and began shuffling, being fired at was not good for his nerves. He supposed that he should apologize for what he said at some point, but Azkar seemed a little too high-strung a moment for that to be a good idea.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Crow gave an amused little salute to Lara. "I daresay that this is where we clock off for the time being, Captain. Time to go!"

He made his way back outside, retaking his usual appearance as he walked towards the jet. It would not do to startle those who weren't aware of his presence here by walking in looking decidedly demonic. It might even be fatal. On the other hand. It would be nice to not travel as freight this time.

He smiled as he entered. "Hello everyone. I'm quite looking forward to not being in a containment unit in the hold for the return journey."

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"Say, have you seen IT? A work of Stephen King I find oddly relevant in this conversation."

"Yeah," she replied, grinning. "I thought it was hilarious. Never read the book, but I heard it was better."

Sophia honestly couldn't grasp why so many people were terrified of that movie. She didn't have a fear of clowns, a lot of the effects she found downright silly, and Tim Curry's performance as the clown certainly didn't help matters. She could already hear him doing that "wah-hey" thing in her head.

"Technically, Pennywise was an alien, but I see your point."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Hello everyone. I'm quite looking forward to not being in a containment unit in the hold for the return journey."

"Crow? You were in the cargo hold? I thought you were back in the labs," Garath said, happy to see a friendly face.

It was a bit odd that he found Crow, a demon, easier to trust than most of the human team members. Of course his job as Crow's handler was to keep an eye on him so that he didn't do anything to endanger DICE, so he should be more wary of the demon, but between Crow's helpful nature and two years of guarding the demon it was hard not to like him.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Eligor was too busy wasting his attention on the manner that Isabelle welded him. Great poise and a good grip, as was expected of an experienced swordswoman and focusing on his thoughts. One question kept recurring, circulating his brain, even over thousands of years, why did they always comment on the quality of the blade? A prison made of diamond was still a prison. The only thing that irked Eligor was the fact that he was bound to always be just a tool of someone else. If he could escape, he could return to his rightful place - a smouldering throne of obsidian in Hell... Nevertheless, as the conversation carried on, he saw a perfect opening to talk about his favourite subject - himself.

"I have to say guns are fairly boring compared to a decent sword though..."

"Indeed, a sword is the noblest of all weapons." Eligor began, "And yes, Isabelle, it is a fine blade. The techniques from which it was made are now sadly lost," He paused, in part to add some mystique and in part because what he was about to say was just conjecture, "You see, the demonic hunger for souls was forged into this sword; hence the name. Nevertheless, the inscription keeps me from being devoured, a safety harness if you will..." Noticing the demonic newcomer and the unarmoured Azkar, he stopped to greet them, "I believe you are the champion of sword tossing and you, I haven't met yet. I apologise for not introducing myself earlier; I am Eligor."

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Captain Lara Reid, PhD - Sector 14

She smiled at the message and realised that protocol had never been her thing. Lara spun around and widened her smile at the amused, little salute that Crow gave.

"I daresay that this is where we clock off for the time being, Captain. Time to go!"

?Yes. I guess so.? Lara replied with a tinge of disappointment in her voice. She began to follow Crow out of the building when she suddenly stopped, turned, and grabbed the unusual device of the computer. Sliding it into her rucksack. She arrived back at the plane and stored the bag and device in the nearest hold. Flicking the safety on her P90 she boarded the plane and began to tap away at her tablet computer.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. Never read the book, but I heard it was better."

"It stopped scaring me when I realized it was a shape-shifter. Actually, it stopped scaring me when I saw a comedic commentary for it. I believe he was called the critic, started with an N," Danny replied. It was true, he was terrified of Pennywise. Whether it was Tim Curry or the teeth he wasn't sure, but it just put him off. Of course, it stopped being terrifying when Danny realized it wasn't actually a deranged killer clown, just a demon-alien thing that was stuck in Maine. Like every other Stephen King book, fucking Maine!

"Technically, Pennywise was an alien, but I see your point."

"Indeed you do! While we aren't a bunch of kids, I'm sure there's something we all fear. If a demon took shape of something we feared the most, D.I.C.E. would be fucked! And speaking of aliens, do aliens exist? Or is there another organization for that? It could be called A.L.I.C.E. for Alien Lookout Intelligence Containment and Extermination. Yeah, that sounds about right," Danny said. If demons and what-not existed, why couldn't aliens? Maybe the demons were aliens, just like IT. He hoped they weren't, that'd make them far less interesting. It stopped being mysterious and interesting when you explained the monster with science and 'they came from outer space!'

Fuckin' science.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I'm glad to be rid of that pathetic corruption, I wish I was older." Azkar remarked in a rather flat and straight forward tone, as she leaned forward towards Isabelle. She then stared at her large boots, and waved them around slightly. "As for mortality being boring, I'd say sitting around doing nothing for an incomprehensible amount of time is more boring..." Azkar then slammed the footwear hard. "I do miss a few things though."

Whilst Isabelle had already thought up a response to that, she was interupted by a burst of laughter from Azkar, as she saw what Richard was up to. "You really need to clean that gun already? How many times did you even use it?" She asked sarcastically, before waving her arms around like she was holding a large sword. "I have to say guns are fairly boring compared to a decent sword though..."

"I do agree." Richard said. "It's a horribly idiotic weapon, this shotgun, considering how it leaves the corpses. However, I can't use a sword, so I don't really have much of a choice if I want to protect myself. It's a good thing I'm not a soldier, right?" He then started looking around for something. Isabelle then smiled briefly.

"Well Richard, perhaps some time I could teach you how to handle a proper weapon like a sword." She said in a slightly uplifting tone, before returning her gaze back to Azkar.

"I agree as well Azkar; a sword is a better weapon. Guns are too quick, and, they aren't the weapon of an honourable and noble warrior. They are simple in design, yet equally effective as a firearm; and they have stood the test of time as a viable form of attack. New guns come and go all the time, but a sword, whilst it hasn't changed much in its long service, it can still kill just as well."

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar giggled "Have you seen a Div 3 member mulch up a pack of melee weapon wielding cultists with a light machine gun? I'm not saying a sword is better at all, I'm saying it's less boring. It entirely depends on the person wielding it. A gun tends to lean towards being a tool, whereas a sword leans more towards being an extension of the self... Or a really deadly game of catch." Azkar smirked as she said the last bit, directing it at Eligor.

"I had a great sword once... No idea where it is now." Azkar said gloomily. Then went on to comment about Richard's shotgun. "You do know the effective range of that gun, special ammo considered, is way too short for someone in your area of expertise. Unless you're hunting small animals or clearing a close quarters area, the gun quickly becomes useless. Unless you put slugs in it, in which case it's range is a little better and it's still fairly useless. No offense."

Azkar then got up and started rummaging through a crate that looked like it might have rations in it.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"It stopped scaring me when I realized it was a shape-shifter. Actually, it stopped scaring me when I saw a comedic commentary for it. I believe he was called the critic, started with an N," Danny replied.

Sophie laughed aloud. "Hahaha! I remember that guy. Dude was hilarious. I think he shut that show down, though. I wasn't thrilled when I heard that. But, what can ya do," she lamented, shrugging.

"Indeed you do! While we aren't a bunch of kids, I'm sure there's something we all fear. If a demon took shape of something we feared the most, D.I.C.E. would be fucked!"

"And we have something a little better than a slingshot," she interjected, patting her bullpup. "I'm just glad they didn't decide to show up as politicians. Giant bugs I can at least shoot legally, y'know?"

She didn't add that she was also glad they didn't show up as something she couldn't see.

"And speaking of aliens, do aliens exist? Or is there another organization for that? It could be called A.L.I.C.E. for Alien Lookout Intelligence Containment and Extermination. Yeah, that sounds about right."

Sophie shrugged. "Don't know, don't care. If I did, there aren't any here, so it hardly matters. If there are, the Men in Black are doing a really good job. If an alien attack does happen and they call me in, I'll gladly defend my home planet, but I don't think it will. They'd be some pretty stupid aliens if they did."

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
"I would appreciate that Ghost. I've had enough of this forest for a while. Are you a lady's man, Ghost?"

"Only on Tuesdays, and whenever gunfire isn't involved..." Ghost cracked back, glad to have someone to talk to who wasn't familiar with his arrival at D.I.C.E. "As for the forest, it's my preferred terrain. I could walk up and touch a deer before it even knew I was there out here."

They arrived at the planes shortly thereafter, to see that Azkar had made herself some more appropriate, if a bit poorly crafted, clothing from the blanket. Ah well, probably wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight anyway... He thought. Apparently, Azkar didn't like what one of the other members was saying to her, because she pulled her sidearm and fired several rounds into the ground. And that's gonna cause problems later... Better see what the problem is.

Ghost did a quick head count as he walked up to the group, and came up two short. "Who're we missing, and which way did they go?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"Well Richard, perhaps some time I could teach you how to handle a proper weapon like a sword."

Isabelle said. Richard smiled. "Perhaps. Though I doubt I'd be very good at it, all things considered." He had never been clumsy, but one needed strength when wielding a sword. Azkar then commented the shotgun.

"You do know the effective range of that gun, special ammo considered, is way too short for someone in your area of expertise. Unless you're hunting small animals or clearing a close quarters area, the gun quickly becomes useless. Unless you put slugs in it, in which case it's range is a little better and it's still fairly useless. No offense."

"That's the point," Richard sighted. "I figured, if a demon attacks me, and comes in for close combat, I can handle a hit or two. I might not be able to aim that well, but even I can hit a vital organ when they're that close. It's only a "just in case" thing anyway, but it's what's kept me alive until now. I..." Azkar had already started looking around for something, so he stopped. Behind them, Ghost entered, and asked:
"Who're we missing, and which way did they go?"

Richard didn't feel like answering that, due to that he might or might not get in trouble, so he just acted as if he didn't know what Ghost was talking about. Keep in mind, he did it very badly, and to change the subject, he said; "I'm hungry," unaware of that Azkar was looking for food. "Do we have something to eat?"

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"Who're we missing, and which way did they go?"

One person had interrupted his catnap, he gave up on joining in the conversation, after all no-one took a talking sword seriously. He wished Eliezer was here so he could take out his frustration on him.

Eligor gave a curt reply,"Eliezer, test subject of Division Six, decided walking into the cold heart of Russia for some reason... That's all I know. Let the recovery team take of them anyway."

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
"Eliezer, test subject of Division Six, decided walking into the cold heart of Russia for some reason... That's all I know. Let the recovery team take of them anyway."

"And miss the opportunity to get some action?" Ghost said, wanting to delay the return to beoredom as long as possible. "Plus, those guys couldn't recover a nuclear missile if it dropped in their laps. Disgraceful, if ya ask me..."

Still muttering about the ineffectiveness of the recovery team, Ghost headed off after Eliezer. Here's hoping they don't leave without me... don't think the recovery guys will like my attitude, although riding with them will be a refreshing change of pace...