D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
It was a drinking song of old, Eliezer had sung it himself at revelries and feasts, playing the fool like all the great demons of hell expected him to. Slipping into a the grand castles on earth, easily excepted for a bard with lute and hat in hand. If humans knew how to do one thing right it was feasting and drinking. He burst into song, replying with the second verse:

"Quidam ludunt,
quidam bibunt,
quidam indiscrete vivunt.
sed in ludo qui morantur,
ex his quidam denudantur,
quidam ibi vestiuntur,
quidam saccis induuntur;
ibi nullus timet mortem,
sed pro Baccho mittunt sortem."

It was more a chant then a song really, sung when half drunk and half sober, or all drunk and not sober at all. It was a shame that it had slipped into the depths of time, forgotten to most humans today.

"Your Grace" He bowed mockingly "Dukes do not serve, they command. So are you really a duke or someone who longs for a time long forgotten" He carried on walking further into the forest, "I am Eliezer" He called back.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I'm never wasting time when I test these kinds of things. Every fragment of knowledge is a contribution to real understanding of something. I simply want to know, to be honest, usefulness is not my area of expertise, nor do I really want it to be. I'll do what I can for the common good, of course." Richard said in a rather cheerful manner, which lifted the mood of Vayle, making her feel a little more relaxed around him.

"Also, this proves what I said even more, so why would I be upset? Since you found what kind of being it was, a Kouza Prime, I'll remember to put the name down on paper when this mission is over. That might help me not getting scolded by my boss again, so thank you, Vayle." This made Vayle's cheeks turn a little red, letting out a small fit of girlish laughter.

"Awwh, shucks Richard, your making this spirit blush; which is kind of ironic in a manner of speaking." Vayle remarked, now speaking in her more usual cheerful and good natured tone of speaking. Richard then turned to Isabelle.

"So, you have your information about the demon, or more accurate, golem now, right? Is there anything you can gather from that, in a more... tactical point of view?" He asked. This caused her to think on her answer; going over all the other information she had known about these types of beings.

"Unfortunately that is a difficult question to answer; as there are many types of Golems that inhabit this world, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I would have to look over my journal and my other notes back at base, in order to find an effective counter measure for one like the Kouza."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"There's quite a few things even the weaker demons can do, and teleporting at least seems pretty simple. I've never seen one doing it, though. I usually just shoot 'em before they get the chance."

"So you're not completely sure? Okay," Danny said before shooting the vent open. He looked inside and saw blood marks on the floor. Bingo.

"I see blood, care to join me?" Danny asked. Truth was, Danny wanted her to come with him. Not just because he wanted someone to talk to, but because she had more experience with these things and could have his back. That, and the ammo thing.

Danny flashed his light inside and saw that it went on for at least ten metres before coming to a cross-path. The ominous red lights were present here too, shining the blood for all to see. Someone was in a hurry. He flashed the light at the side and ceiling to check for anything else and found nothing. He stepped inside and stomped, the clanging echoed long and loud enough for anything in the vicinity to hear. It didn't matter, he now knew it was stable. Whoever or whatever had heard would know they were coming, and Danny was looking forward to that.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"Unfortunately that is a difficult question to answer; as there are many types of Golems that inhabit this world, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I would have to look over my journal and my other notes back at base, in order to find an effective counter measure for one like the Kouza."

Richard nodded. "Yes, of course," he said. "That is to be expected." He then overlooked the last tests, and wrote them down on a small device he used to keep the test-results down, before putting another pair of gloves on and cleaning it all up. "Well, that's it, I guess," he murmured, more to himself than anyone else as he closed his suitcase. "I'll wait over here until we're going somewhere else, because, honestly, I'm a bit tired." He smiled, and found himself a comfortable spot to sit it, before lying down and staring at the sky, relaxing before they were going somewhere else.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"I see blood, care to join me?"

"I'm already swimming in it. A little more won't hurt," Sophie replied, smirking. "You wanna lead, or shall I?"

She watched Danny stomp on the floor of the vent. "Well, there goes the element of surprise. But then my gear would be clankin' against it the whole way down, so I guess it hardly matters."

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Ghost arrived at the clearing with the golem shortly after the spat with it was finished. He spared it one glance before ignoring it: it was too close in size to the demon that had killed his team, and seeing it threatened to bring back old memories better left buried. To avoid looking at it, he busied himself looking at each member of the team to see if any were injured by the way they held themselves. They all appear to be fine, if a bit worse for wear... Where the hell did that thing come from? He thought. Some questions were probably best left unanswered...

He stood at the edge of the clearing, relaxed and leaning against a tree, as the others conversed on various subjects. It wasn't too long before a bright light flared near the village. What the hell was that? Ghost wondered, as he started in that direction. Only one way to find out... plus, that looked like it came from where the rest of the demons went, and will give me an excuse to scout ahead.

"I'm going to go see what the cause of that light was." Ghost said, heading deeper into the forest. "Maybe get some intel on the demons if I can as well. I'll be back shortly." Without another word, he faded into the shadows, only the soft tread of his footsteps marked his passing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"You wanna lead, or shall I?"

"I'll take the lead. We're going to have to split-up anyway," Danny said pointing at the crosspath. He didn't want to split-up but it was the tactical thing to do.

"Well, there goes the element of surprise. But then my gear would be clankin' against it the whole way down, so I guess it hardly matters."

"I want them to know we're here. Besides, this baby probably woke them up anyway," He said waving his handgun.

He led the way and made his way towards the end of the path. He tried his best not to step on the blood, did D.I.C.E. have forensics?, and awkwardly cowboy-walked across. He turned to see Sophia's reaction and only noticed her blood dripping down onto the floor.

"Let's hope we find this thing eh? Wouldn't want them to think you're the mystery monster," Danny said.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"Let's hope we find this thing eh? Wouldn't want them to think you're the mystery monster," Danny said.

Sophia snickered. "Yeah, that'd put a damper on my performance review."

She waited a bit for Danny to get further into the vent, then traded her bullpup for her pistol and followed him in.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Eligor chuckled to himself as the raggedy man joined in with the second verse. Just what was this man who had knowledge of old medieval drinking songs? The evening breeze swept up the autumnal leaves and their rustling accompanied the tune until it was finished. It must be odd to him that the projection of Eligor was walking on top of the mix of snow and dead leaves. The man approached and gave a bow, clearly mocking Eligor.

"Your Grace." He bowed mockingly "Dukes do not serve, they command. So are you really a duke or someone who longs for a time long forgotten." He carried on walking further into the forest, "I am Eliezer." He called back.

Pity the runes on Elizer's arms where in some language that he couldn't understand, but it was Angelic judging by the white glow from them and he had said something like that he was cursed like Eligor was. The red glow was at the core while the blue glow enveloped it, meaning those words had truth to them.Eligor wasted no time catching up with Elizer. No-one mocked him and left him in the woods, Eligor would have the last word.

"And jesters mock." He retorted with a huff, "Very well: I command you to clean the blade as I must be ready for battle."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Garath stood up from where he had been sitting, and moved over to talk to Isabelle and Vayle. Vayle becoming visible had caught his interest, he summoned spirits occasionally to help him out, but he'd never really talked with one.

"Whose your friend?" he asked Isabelle, "was she the one who helped with that demon? It felt like someone other than Simon was helping me bind that thing."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Whose your friend?" Garath asked Isabelle. "Was she the one who helped with that demon? It felt like someone other than Simon was helping me bind that thing." He then asked, noticing Vayle showing herself to Richard. The shape shifter stood up, then spoke.

"You are indeed correct Garath Heller," Vayle began to say "It was I who cast spectral ropes around the Kouza Prime, bringing its arms to a halt. The name is Vayle, the shape shifter." She announced in a clear voice, before bowing, and producing one of her seemingly infinite roses in her right hand.

"I have been the friend and assistant to my master, Isabelle Hearte, for the past few years. She saved me as it were, after I was attacked by ghouls; although she did not know that I was there originally. Her skills with the sword, had managed to cleave the ghoul leader in twain; causing it to burn in holy light. Whilst I was initially afraid of her, she soon showed a friendly side, and we began to talk.

After a couple hours, I had made my decision to come with her, and chose a form more befitting of a magic user. Ever since, I have provided her with knowledge regarding the spirit world; but also my own magic. She has treated me with respect and care, and considers me an equal.
"

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Pleased to meet you Vayle, and thank you for your help," he said, smiling and giving an exagerrated bow in return, and accepting the rose, "I can't say that I've heard of many spirits who choose to serve without being summoned, what did you do before you met Isabelle?"

He smelled the rose, "Huh, is it real? the rose I mean, how do you make them?" he asked, examining the rose. He produced an illusion of the flower in his other hand, and adjusted its appearance until the two roses matched exactly, and then let the illusion fade.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Pleased to meet you Vayle, and thank you for your help," Garath said, smiling then giving a slightly exaggerated bow in return before accepting the rose that was offered to him. "I can't say that I've heard of many spirits who choose to serve without being summoned, what did you do before you met Isabelle?" He asked before actually smelling the rose itself.

"Huh, is it real? the rose I mean, how do you make them?" Garath asked, then examined the rose before creating one of his own; adjusting it to match, then letting it simply fade away. Vayle looked intrigued by it.

"To answer your first question; I have been mostly travelling this world for centuries, trying to figure out who I was when I was alive, as I can't seem to remember much. I occasionally make myself known and help others in need; but sometimes I prefer to simply sit back and watch, its more fun like that on occasion." Vayle remarked, before letting out a brief giggle.

"As for the roses, they are real for the most part, in some ways they are an illusion. How I make them is mostly a matter of magic, I can create them as it were. I must say, yours was rather pretty as well."

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"And jesters mock." He retorted with a huff, "Very well: I command you to clean the blade as I must be ready for battle."

Did Eilgor really mean to command and him to follow? This was too much. The wind caught up with them and the dead leaves on the ground whooshed upwards and went through the transparent figure. He had no power here.

"A command with no power behind behind it is a fruitless one, go and find some other fool to clean your blade" He countered, leaving the projection to huff about alone.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"As for the roses, they are real for the most part, in some ways they are an illusion. How I make them is mostly a matter of magic, I can create them as it were. I must say, yours was rather pretty as well."

"A pale imitation of the original," he said, producing the illusion again only with all the petals colored a pale white, he offered her back her rose, "My illusions would be much more helpful if they had substance like your flower."

He stroked his goatee, and thought for a few seconds before speaking "You said you have some memories of when you were alive? Why haven't you moved on, if thats not too personal a question, I've met ghosts before that were obsessed with getting their revenge or completing some task so they could get off this mortal coil, although you seem very different than most ghosts I've met."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"A pale imitation of the original," Garath said, as he produced the same illusion again, only this time, the petals were coloured in a pale lifeless white colour. He proceeded to hand back Vayle's original rose. "My illusions would be much more helpful if they had substance like your flower." This kind comment made her smile.

"Well, thanks for that; but really though, yours was rather pretty." Vayle remarked, her words sounding kind. She caused the flower to glow briefly, before it disappeared.

"Indeed it was Garath." Isabelle said, her back leaning against the tree she was sitting at; her eyes obscured by her hat as she rested. Garath then stroked his goatee, obviously thinking about something.

"You said you have some memories of when you were alive? Why haven't you moved on, if thats not too personal a question, I've met ghosts before that were obsessed with getting their revenge or completing some task so they could get off this mortal coil, although you seem very different than most ghosts I've met."

"I don't know, what memories I have are mere fragments, spread across my life like an incomplete puzzle with no clearly defined beginning or end. Perhaps if I found out who I was, or how I gained the ability to shape shift; then maybe I would move to the next life. But then again, I have enjoyed being here, and would feel sad for leaving." Vayle said, sounding a mixture of sadness and confusion. She then pulled out and examined the broken part of a sword that she carried with her for no reason.

"I mean, I don't even know why I have this." She remarked, showing the item in question.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"I don't know, what memories I have are mere fragments, spread across my life like an incomplete puzzle with no clearly defined beginning or end. Perhaps if I found out who I was, or how I gained the ability to shape shift; then maybe I would move to the next life. But then again, I have enjoyed being here, and would feel sad for leaving."

"I wouldn't worry about it, in my experience spirits depart when they're ready, its the ones who try to force it along that cause problems," He shivered, whether from the cold or from some memory wasn't clear, "Possessing people, haunting houses, that sort of thing."

"I mean, I don't even know why I have this." She remarked, showing the item in question.

Garath inspected the sword, "The d6's might be the ones to ask about that, they talk a lot but they're smart people, I can get information from spirits, but thats not so helpful when its a spirit asking the question, I'm sure you'll figure out why you have it when you're supposed to though."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It wasn't long before Danny reached the inevitable crosspath.

"The blood stops here. Should we split-up?" Danny asked. He hoped she wouldn't ask for his opinion. I'm a bloody detective from Detroit, give me a break! he mused. He wondered how he ended up here, in this situation. Usually he was the one giving advice, telling people what to do. He was in a new pond and he was the small fish. Better than dying at least. It was true, if he hadn't been able to fight off the demons he would have been a helpless soul in some kind of hell. Some kind of hell.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar soon stopped under a tree and sat down, tightly hugging her legs and wiggling her toes. So far it seem Human life and free will was a little overrated. Not to mention finally becoming mortal then losing her life from the weather would be a pretty ironic end for the being who used to be able to survive practically anything.

Azkar sighed loudly and buried her face in her knees, she'd just wait a while then keep going. She didn't know where she was or where she was going now anyway, it was just forest in all directions. She was starting to wish she was taller when she dozed off, exhausted and tired from the cold.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Ghost had been heading deeper into the forest for a time, getting closer to where he saw the light. Unsure of what he'd find, he was cautious, stepping quietly and carefully watching his surroundings. It was through this vigilance that he found the girl, sleeping against a tree. She looks like Azkar, but without all the monster... he thought. How the hell did she manage to get rid of that?

He did a quick check of the area for as-yet-unseen foes, before kneeling by her side and checking for vitals. Still alive, but cold... Ghost thought, quickly taking his field blanket out and wrapping her in it. "Azkar, wake up." He said, gently shaking her shoulder. "You need to wake up, Azkar. If you don't, you'll freeze to death."