D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Eliezer was about to make a dash for his 'great escape' when the Mummy thing swung the coffin around so his way, was yet again, blocked by a member of D.I.C.E. The coffin then swung open, accompanied by an eerie, ethereal looking, blue tinted hand that grabbed his neck firmly and dragged him inside. The coffin lit up once it closed and he found himself on top of a middle aged looking woman who shoved her hand down his throat, creating a blinding light and then there was nothing.

His head then rolled out of the coffin. Wait? why was he rolling? And were was the rest of his body? He could feel it, like he was still connected to it, but when he tried to move any of his limbs, nothing!

The Mummy then picked up his head and passed it to the agent who had come after him.

"Could you make sure Elizer gets back to HQ in one piece my good man?"

But he wasn't in one piece, he wanted his body back. It handed started regenerating so it wasn't a mortal wound and he was still concious. Was his body still trapped in that coffin with that morbid woman? Before he could object to his current situation, the agent dropped his head and started shooting at the Mummy.

The Mummy then charged at him with his spear, stabbing the agent, causing him and Eliezer to be bathed in a bright aura. Whatever the bandaged man had done, he had got his body back, but now he was chained to the agent by the neck.

"Well, I don't want to be stuck like this for forever. So it's either you cut your arm off, or I cut my head off. I elect for the former"

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
"Hey Lieutenant, sir, can I stay behind? I want to help with the investigation and the clean-up and all, being a former-detective,"

"Of course Danny. You're welcome to go on in and help the recovery team"

"Well go ahead and do that," Col Lin cut in jumping up from his desk," For now though, we need to get everyone else back to the base. So get back to your jets and strap in"

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Ghost was expecting several things from his action towards the mummy. A cry of pain, the bastard dropping to the ground, maybe a bit of begging for forgiveness... What he got was none of those things. The bandaged man didn't even twitch after being shot twice. Instead, the man... got happier... The hell... He didn't even flinch...

"You know it's far from appropriate to threaten, let alone harm the leader of a division do you not?"

"What? What division?" Ghost started to ask, but was interrupted by the mummy again.

"Even still, I'll forgive this transgression this one time. Everybody gets one"

Ghost was ill prepared for the man's next move. He lunged at Ghost with his spear, stabbing him in the chest. Instead of pain, however, a blinding light burst forth from the spear momentarily, and when it cleared Eliezer was standing there, body intact again. Unfortunately, Eliezer was also chained to Ghost's wrist.

The man vanished, and his voice echoed out from the darkness.

"Do try to make sure the DICE's pets dont go missing anymore"

"Ya know, not everything needs to be controlled!" Ghost shouted as the voice faded.

"You ok ghost? You wounded? Talk to me kid."

"I'm fine..." Ghost responded. "Not sure what the hell just happened, but I'll live."

"Well, I don't want to be stuck like this for forever. So it's either you cut your arm off, or I cut my head off. I elect for the former"

"Ya know, Eliezer, I think no one would argue if I said you were to blame for this. What you need to remember is there are still 13 rounds in this gun, and you have no where to run. We'll get you out of my hair when we get back to the jets. Come on." Without waiting to see if Eliezer would follow, Ghost turned and started back to the jet. I'm through with dealing with supernaturals for the day... If he doesn't come willingly, I'm gonna drag him...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Of course Danny. You're welcome to go on in and help the recovery team,"

Danny was in glee over his reply; his curiosity was not going to leave this place unsatisfied. He headed out of the jet as quickly as he could and ran for the facility. He made it there without getting lost, whether it was because of his adrenaline rush for answers or the facility being in clear view he was too excited to be sure. Upon arriving, Danny pulled out his Smith&Wesson and checked his ammunition. He had a full cylinder -plus twelve more rounds lost somewhere in his jacket- which would suffice for the purpose of his search. He wasn't going to be alone anyway, at least not in the building.

He entered, weapon raised and ready to kill. It's already over.

He tip-toed around the familiar hallway; there was no place to hide, for a human anyway. The lights gave him an advantage but that was no reason to relax. Relaxing got people killed, especially when faced with demons. Granted no one died yet, but if they weren't supernatural or properly trained and were soft-fleshed mortals like Danny, the body-count could be in the double digits. Of course that was why they assigned these people in the first place, and not people like Danny. The fact that he was chosen, and not wiped, was all the more extraordinary. He was going to use this chance, this once-in-a-life-time opportunity.

He entered through the bashed-in door, ready to kick ass for the lord. It's going to be biblical.

He placed his foot inside and was greeted by a pool of blood. Staring at the dry door, he realized it was Sophia's blood, now dripped down on the floor. Her blood was on Danny's foot again. Her blood, my feet. He looked into the pool and saw a face, screaming. He immediately pulled his foot out and almost fell in as a result. He could have sworn he had heard screaming and saw a face. A face, in agony. Once again, Danny considered the pain Sophia went through shedding that blood. It wasn't Sophia's face however. In fact, Danny began to consider whether it was her blood or not. When he decided to give into fear and fuck everything and run, a hand rose from the pool and dragged Danny in, screaming.

It was already over, and it had been biblical.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar sat with the other members on the original jet. The long wait was unbearable. Azkar decided to strike up some conversation.

"So... Bet everyone here is glad they don't have a watch?" Azkar sighed and leaned on an elbow against her knee. She figured it had been quite a while since everyone arrived, let alone how long ago some others went to 'the boss plane'. "I used to be immortal, now I'm even bored." Azkar groaned and started counting the letters and numbers on the crates... Again.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
Sophie, who had finished her prayer, looks at Azkar. "I have one. But I don't care what time it is. Soon as we get back, I'm heading for my bunk. So does being immortal stave off boredom somehow?"

Being half-demon wasn't holding off Sophie's own boredom, that was for sure.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Once the meeting was over Garath rejoined the others on the plane. Fortunately no one had taken his seat, and he soon found himself leaning back in it and beginning to doze off. Hopefully he would be able to get some rest on the flight back to base, it felt like he hadn't slept properly for a week, the reality probably wasn't far off.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"For now though, we need to get everyone else back to the base. So get back to your jets and strap in." Colonel Lin said after rising from his desk. Danny meanwhile looked to be overjoyed that he could conduct a further investigation. Isabelle on the other hand was waiting patiently.

"Of course sir, best we return to base soon; no doubt there will be important business to attend to once we arrive." Isabelle remarked, before giving a brief salute to the Colonel, then headed back towards the team's jet.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
"Of course sir, best we return to base soon; no doubt there will be important business to attend to once we arrive."

Isabelle reached the jet right after Garath and Lieutenant made a quick stop at the pilot's cockpit.

"Hey. go ahead and take these guys back. I'll pick up the stragglers"

The Lieutenant hopped of the jet as it closed and walked back into the facility. The pilot lifted the jet up into the sky but kept the landing gear up. after a few minutes, they hit a portal taking them back to the base and into the hanger.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"Ya know, Eliezer, I think no one would argue if I said you were to blame for this. What you need to remember is there are still 13 rounds in this gun, and you have no where to run. We'll get you out of my hair when we get back to the jets. Come on."

The agent then started heading towards the jets, not even waiting for Eliezer. Half walking, half being dragged he stumbled forward in mock pursuit. The invisible shackle around his neck choked him every time he stopped walking. The agent who was dragging him seemed not to care, two could play at that game.

He grabbed the chain that linked him with the agent and yanked it. Sending the other man staggering backwards and causing him to fall on his back. While he was stunned Eliezer quickly walked forward and sat on him, using his weight to prevent him from getting up.

"Really? Did I make you come after me? Did I make you shoot a head of Division? Honestly it looks like your avoiding taking responsibility for your action, which might I remind you got us into this mess. All I wanted to do do was go for a walk, but no. I get eaten by a golem, stabbed by that pompous sword, have my head detached from my body and now I'm attached to you by this chain. All in all it's been a very trying day" As he spoke he grabbed the agent's gun from it's holster, "As I recall, you said this gun as has 13 bullets in it, 12 chances to miss, now you should give me a reason not to fire it."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Danny opened his eyes. Is this the real life?
He saw red. Or this is just fantasy?
Only red.

It was pretty, he had to admit. He had never seen so much red in his entire life, not even when he had engaged a dozen thugs in a corridor shoot-out. Corridor shooting was closer to the truth; they had tried to run for the door but they couldn't fit through all at once. Danny still remembered the priceless looks on their faces when he gunned them down. Haha I remember that. Yeah, it was a real gore-fest, a genocide of sinners. So much...blood.

BLOOD.

H-HAA-Danny's eyes widened and he tried to scream, but nothing came out. He had no mouth, no arms, no legs, no body. All that was left of Danny was a pair of all-seeing eyes. All-seeing eyes, but all I can see is red goddamn it. Red was all there was to see, red blood, blood red. Different shades of red, but it was still red, still the same blood. I see some light-red, some dark red, some crimson, maroon, burgundy, mahogany...but whose blood?

YOUR BLOOD.

My blood? It couldn't be his blood, he hadn't spilled any. Not for a long time anyway. He couldn't even remember the last time he had spilled any blood, the last time the red liquid flooded out of his veins. I'm too careful to spill blood. As I said, I open wounds not close them. I'm not going to let anyone spill my blood, not anything either.

YOUR ENEMIES' BLOOD.

I can get behind that, yeah. It's probably that blood from the demon I shot up. Nothing to get worried out, it's my enemies' blood. The countless murderers, rapists, thieves and what-have-you. For a second there I was worried that this could be-

The red began to drip down like paint on a wall and it wasn't long before it was all gone. All Danny could see was white. He preferred red better, white was far too bright and plain for his liking. There was no fun to be had with white because it was the dullest colour; it was blank after all. There were no different shades here, only white. The light had to be coming from somewhere though, or wasn't that how light worked?

Danny tried to move again to no avail. He blinked and to his surprise he saw his body reappearing before him. His hands appeared first and eventually so did the rest of his body. He wondered whether he was standing on the plane or in the air, one violent drop later he had his answer. He looked around, investigating his surroundings with a hard stare. Only seeing white, Danny began to wonder aimlessly around this strange land.

CURIOSITY.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Richard woke up when the jet landed, presumably in the hangar at the HQ. Rubbing his eyes and fixing his hair, he noticed that there still were people missing, but it wasn't the first time members from the initial group stayed behind to do some cleaning up. He stretched, his mind still a bit fuzzy after sleep, and he could swear he heard the ticking of a clock lingering in the back of his consciousness. A clock that went way too fast, for whatever reason.

"Nothing to do but examine the samples," he thought to himself. "But first, a nice shower. I think I might have some blood on me." After that, he wasn't sure what to do. He didn't have any home other than the living quarters of the D.I.C.E. HQ, but he didn't feel like doing nothing either. Staying in his private lab had already been pushing the limits of how much he could ignore the boss of his department, and he knew that boss wouldn't take kindly to him going on this mission. As much as he wanted to examine the samples, it was likely he would have to let the other scientists do it, to his dismay.

"Guess I might have to rethink my plans. However, there's not really a lot to do around here, I'll get bored to death." If possible, he would sneak in and manage to trick the chief. He stood up, grabbed his stuff, went to the door and pushed the button to open it. Richard then hastily went outside and away from the hangar, before running down the stairs. Whenever he met someone in them, he acted as if nothing was wrong.

When he got down to division 6, which was not very far down, he first got into his lab without anyone noticing, and began storing his samples. Believing he had managed, he walked out to find the living quarters of division 6 and shower. However, when he exited what once had been a storage room, he was met by a cold gaze. It was the chief of his department.

"Hello, Johnson. I heard you went on a mission, even though I specifically told you to take the day off."
"Well,? Richard tilted his head. "They did request off-duty personnel, and I was off duty." The boss looked as if he thought it over, and then sighted.

"Either way, you collected samples, right, Johnson? Give them to me and I'll get someone to check them out, according to what I heard those are the only samples from that demon we have. After that, go home, or elsewhere." Richard thought to protest, but doing so would only worsen the situation.

"Yes sir, follow me," he said, somewhat politely as he opened his door again. "Put on gloves, the samples are here, the ones in these bags are normal samples, while the ones in these bags are to be taken to the guys who are working on the acid that dissolves demon tissues. I did some tests, but I didn't find out anything else than what you will find out when you're done testing those. If that's it boss, I would appreciate it if I could get some time to shower and relax." He wasn't really intending to relax, but by now he was just saying what the boss wanted him to say.
"Yes, that should be it, Johnson. Now, get some air and rest, so that we don't have another episode like the one with Dr. Marsh."

Richard nodded, and went to get a clean set of clothes, before showering. After he was done, the lack of something to do made him go to the division 6 cafeteria, where he got a cup of coffee and some donuts. "Perhaps I should go somewhere? It's been a few weeks since I went somewhere that wasn't a mission." He ended up sitting there thinking it over.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Please consider this post before/between post #449, due to my schedule

Aaron boarded the plane with a tired swagger, dressed in his favorite grey suit. He slumped into the seat next to Sophia, clearly needing rest as he slid into a comfortable position, and tried to sleep as he pulled his hat over his eyes. When the plane arrived, he was lulled into consciousness by the dying hum of the engines. He exited the plane, eager to gather his belongings that remained in the base and finally take advantage of his off-duty status. Making a mental checklist as he rode the elevator to the D4 level, Aaron exited the shaft and strode in the direction of his quarters. Shrugging off his fatigue, he sat down on his bed and pulled open his trunk, preparing himself for his journey home. Halfway through, however, his exhaustion got the better of him, and he fell back onto his bed with a heavy thud, drowning in sleep and dreams.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Ghost walked, heedless of the resistance Eliezer offered, wishing only that he had been able to hold his temper a little better in the face of an unknown trick of magic. Deep in thought as he was, he was ill-prepared for Eliezer to trip him up with the chain and jump on him before he could recover his balance.

"Really? Did I make you come after me? Did I make you shoot a head of Division? Honestly it looks like your avoiding taking responsibility for your action, which might I remind you got us into this mess. All I wanted to do do was go for a walk, but no. I get eaten by a golem, stabbed by that pompous sword, have my head detached from my body and now I'm attached to you by this chain. All in all it's been a very trying day. As I recall, you said this gun as has 13 bullets in it, 12 chances to miss, now you should give me a reason not to fire it."

As Eliezer spoke, he grabbed Ghost's FNP from his hip holster, asking for an excuse. Oh great... This again. he thought, surreptitiously pulling his knife from it's sheath. "You want a reason? How about having to explain to our superiors the reason for me not making it back?"

Ghost's strike at Eliezer's gun hand was snakelike in speed, burying the blade between the radius and ulna of Eliezer's arm and disrupting his aim enough that his reflexive shot missed Ghost's head, but set the man's ears ringing. "12." Ghost stated, using the shift in weight to get to a better position to subdue the demon.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar appears behind Richard dressed in a DICE Division 3 uniform and pokes him in the back. "My tests are done, Human as a Human can get." She then sat down next to him. "Is the food here any good?" She asked as she looked around the Div 6 cafeteria.

OOC: Couldn't be bothered writing all the fluff of Azkar getting moved and clothed (perverts) so she's just time skipped a little.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"My tests are done, Human as a Human can get." She then sat down next to him. "Is the food here any good?"

"Oh, hi. Well, that depends on what you are planning to eat. The baked goods are good though, especially these," he showed her the last donut, before taking a bite of it. When he was done chewing, he continued. "What kinds of test did they do? Did they take a lot of samples?" It wasn't that he cared about testing living samples, well, actually, he didn't like it. When she didn't seem keen on answering, he thought of something else to say. "Hey, do you think going to the States would be a good pastime, or is it more worthwhile spending a day in Europe?" he asked.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar reached out and plucked the doughnut from Richards fingers, pulling it in half and giving him back the part he had taken a bite from.

"Hey, do you think going to the States would be a good pastime, or is it more worthwhile spending a day in Europe?"

"Well, I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the New World, however I wouldn't mind exploring more of Europe simply because of the diversity and culture." Azkar smiled and took a bite from the doughnut. "What makes you ask? You have holidays stacked up or something?... Do we even get holidays? I kind of just skimmed the contract and signed it." Azkar gave a half hearted laugh and took another bite. Realistically if she demanded to leave they'd probably wipe her memory and dump her on the streets or kill her. Although Azkar wouldn't want to give up this job anyway, killing things was all she was good at.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Before he could react, Azkar took half of his donut. Normally, he disliked people taking his food, but he wasn't that hungry after the ones he had already eaten, and he had found out Azkar had quite the nasty temper.

"Well, I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the New World, however I wouldn't mind exploring more of Europe simply because of the diversity and culture."

"I see, I guess there really is a reason to go to both places. I've only been to Europe on missions, but I do kind of miss the States... if we even are somewhere else." He finished the last of his donut. "We never know, with these mysterious portal-whatever doors and with being underground."

"What makes you ask? You have holidays stacked up or something?... Do we even get holidays? I kind of just skimmed the contract and signed it."

"No, I don't really know about that, but I was asked to take a day off by the chief of my department, seems he thinks I'm overworked. Considering I'm not allowed to touch anything "work-connected", I figured I should head somewhere, and when we already have the means of getting somewhere far away quite fast..." He looked at her, and realized something. "It's probably been a while since you went somewhere as well, interested in heading out with me? I mean, being alone is pretty uninteresting, even in Europe. We could probably go anywhere you'd like, it doesn't matter that much to me."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Isabelle had headed to the common area of Division Two after the team had returned from the mission, with the reason being that she would need to write up a report for Colonel Lin, but also to update the journal with new information regarding the Kouza Prime. She had various papers scattered across the table she was using, along with a cup of coffee and a couple of danish pastries from the canteen. Vayle meanwhile sat opposite her master, always intrigued to watch her work.

Entry Name: Kouza Prime
Demon Class: N/A (Golem)

Appearance:

Subject of analysis was between the regions of fifteen to twenty feet in terms of height, and composed primarily of muscle from the bodies of various beings; although some parts looked very much in nature, especially eyes and mouth. No discernable features were present to tell of its gender. Large body denotes a physically imposing form.

Powers: None (Relied primarily on the force of its arms as a means of attack)
Threat Level: Medium High (Required several agents in order for takedown)
Known Affiliates: None

Notes:

Whilst the Kouza Prime was physically strong and had high endurance, requiring the combined efforts of several D.I.C.E agents for a successful takedown; it appeared to be mentally weak, allowing for it to be distracted easily.

After writing the entry into her journal, she sat back and enjoyed her food and drink, taking in the decor of the room. The room itself was fairly large and on a two level system, with the second level being set slightly lower, which was adorned with several large couches and a long coffee table. Along two of the walls were several bookcases, each filled with various tomes for both relaxing and research. On the side closest to the door, there was a bar meaning alcohol could be served. Gentle music provided by the speaker system, filled the room with a pleasing atmosphere. Several other division two members were situated on the far side, engaging in some debate.

As Isabelle put down her coffee, a young gentlemen in his early twenties, dressed in a mixture of robes and modern attire with shoulder length hair entered the room. Immediately spotting Isabelle, he went over to her, with a letter in his hand.

"Uh, Miss Isabelle; a letter arrived for you whilst you were out on a mission. It comes from Raven Rook." The man said, panting slightly as if he had just run through the entire base, sweat could be seen on his forehead. He then presented the item in question to Isabelle.

"Ah, thank you Mordecai, I'm glad that I can still get letters from there on occasion." Isabelle remarked with slight smile as she received the letter, and proceeded to open it with a nearby knife she used. She briefly read through the letter, and noticed that Mordecai was still in the room.

"Was there something else you wanted?"

"Uh, no Miss; just curious as to what was in the letter."

"Ah, right then. Its some information regarding a research and development project that is occurring over in our Raven Rook facility back in England. To put it briefly, it is a new weapon of sorts; or rather a modification to an existing armament. The project has been going on for the past year, and since it is been conducted over in Raven Rook, I have an obligation to read up on the progress."

"Interesting, I didn't know we had a facility over there." Mordecai asked sounding confused.

"We do indeed, the base was been built under Raven Rook at least fifteen years ago. Whilst it does house all the other Divisions except for Zero, it primarily focuses on sword and sorcery type work. Ways to make swords cut better and for magic to be more effective. Then again, you only did join up with us a few years ago Mordecai, so you probably haven't had enough time to fully explore things."

"Of course, silly me, once again, thank you for getting me out of that situation that caused me to join; I probably would be dead if it wasn't for your arrival. Anyway, I have to go now, Harken wants me to assist her in some alchemy experiment. See you around sometime." Mordecai said, before dashing out of the room.

"He sounded nice." Vayle remarked, as she tried to nab one of the danishes, only for Isabelle to slyly pull it out of reach, as if to tease Vayle. They both soon laughed though.

"Yeah, indeed he is. A good man in many respects."

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"You want a reason? How about having to explain to our superiors the reason for me not making it back?"

Eliezer sighed, were humans really this stupid? It seemed like it was practically a miracle they had lasted this long. Was it not clear to this buffoon that he was a test subject, held against by D.I.C.E against his own free will and experimented on. He hadn't an inkling why he should return, nor did the agent apparently; creating flimsy reasons, pertaining more to him then Eliezer.

"Look-"

Before he could even finish the sentence, the agent stabbed him in the arm, he reflexively fired a shot, but missed. The knife was stuck between the bones in his harm, causing him to drop the weapon involuntarily - yet another grievance to add the the list of catastrophes that had happened so far. The agent then used the opportunity to get into a position where he would be able to subdue Eliezer.

"Look, don't you get it yet? They're not my superiors! I am not part of D.I.C.E! So what happens to you isn't my problem, it's yours." He hissed.