Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
When I first read the thread I thought it was going to be really bad and that I would hate him. I thought that he took the gun and started shooting a computer in his house as his daughter watched or something. It really isn't that bad. Reading the post on YouTube he seems like a reasonably intelligent man, so I don't see a problem.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
considering guns are usally unloaded into people i have no real problem with how this man decided to use his. His daughter was being a spoiled *****. I'll admit that what he did was bit extreme but the only thing i'd fault him for is not being more safe and going to a sechluded spot before shooting the computer.

For the record i'm not a gun nut. I don't actually own a gun myself but i have used them and i'm aware of the danger they can pose if misused. I don't really see this mans actions as evidence that we should revoke the right to bare arms.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
sketch_zeppelin said:
considering guns are usally unloaded into people i have no real problem with how this man decided to use his. His daughter was being a spoiled *****. I'll admit that what he did was bit extreme but the only thing i'd fault him for is not being more safe and going to a sechluded spot before shooting the computer.

For the record i'm not a gun nut. I don't actually own a gun myself but i have used them and i'm aware of the danger they can pose if misused. I don't really see this mans actions as evidence that we should revoke the right to bare arms.
Is selective reading such a thing?

Look, I am not stating that no one should have guns. I've never said that. HOWEVER, I am stating that there should be situations defined and listed as ways to responsibly use your firearm. And if you break that, that right that you had now became a privilege. This man recorded his use of the firearm and honestly it's not proper given the situation. Being flagged for that use and if it happens again, having it taken away is not outrageous. In fact that is exactly what he is doing to his daughter.
Never said flat our revoking it from everyone. However, if you take that right and abuse it for the sake of---in this case, parenting--you should be flagged and it becomes a privilege to you. And if you mess up again, it can be taken away from you. It's the exact same thing that he is doing to her.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
This is exactly why I hate people from his generation. They're ignorant, sleazy, good-for-nothing, and are willing to go to any extreme to keep their children in slave labor without even an allowance for as long as possible legally. He shouldn't be forcing his kid to make coffee for him, and he shouldn't not be paying her for the chores she does. He should be prioritizing her schoolwork over chores or yardwork that he wants done, should be prioritizing her future over his wants. But no. I'll bet he does that purposely so that she won't HAVE a future to leave to, and so that he can keep her working into her adulthood. And then, this shouldn't even be something she was punished for. This is AMERICA, goddamnit! WE HAVE RIGHTS HERE. KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE THEY WANT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE GODFORSAKEN FIRST AMMENDMENT! A lot of Americans (And I'm sure this fat-ass is included) say that the Government is often trying to take away their rights to religion, free speech, ect. And then things like this happen that make them the biggest hippocrytes in the world. Severe punishment for saying words is not free speech.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
His self entitled kid vents on facebook and he destroys her laptop? (I'm not going to comment on the gun, might as well be a sledgehammer imo)

And you call that parenting? Really? I kind of hope that your daughter tries to teach you something too. Maybe fire-bomb the house, that'll make a statement! Yeah! (Note the heavy and dark sarcasm here.)

Maybe talk to her, try to get her to understand that she's got it good and then punish her. Not teach her that overkill is a good idea. Because really, I would never want to live with a woman who thinks that to teach me that I shouldn't leave my shirts on the floor, she'll just burn my wardrobe. And really, that *is* what you just taught her.

Making your daughter fear you or making your daughter resent you or making your daughter decide that overkill and obedience are the order of the day are all pretty bad ideas. I hope the girl can escape him as soon as she reaches an age of majority.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Props to the guy , he taught his kid a valuable lesson that she won't soon forget.
And it amazes me how many people don't know a thing about guns in this thread. The guy was using hollow point ammo and shooting at something on the soft ground in what seems to be a pretty secluded piece of land. Those bullets have literally no chance of hitting anything but the laptop.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
More reason why I believe there should be stricter gun regulations in the US. People are treating the weapons like toys while I believe guns should be treated like they are a rabid hound. You should fear them and not want to use them, and you certainly shouldn't be showing it off or setting it on things just for shits and giggles.

If you want to have fun with a gun, go to a firing range. Other than that, guns should be locked up somewhere safe and sound in your home and should never ever leave that safe place unless you feel your life is under threat.

In my ideal world, every gun in every home would be linked and retrained in some secure part of your home, with an electronic alarm linked to the nearest police-station. If that gun leaves that little safe area, a silent alarm would alert the police. Removing the gun for any other reason than believing your life in danger equals a hefty fine.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I think the worst part about this is that he made it all public. Him shooting his gun into it seems reasonable I guess, no-one could have been hurt but himself.

The waste of expensive hardware is perhaps an issue, but he has the right to do with his private property what he will. He could have donated it and that would have been great, but he's not got an obligation to do so. He does have an obligation to protect his child, though, and now both she and himself will be under the microscope for longer than they'll ever be comfortable with.

This should have been a private conversation/confrontation. Not a completely public, blown-out-of-proportion universal lesson. It's sadistic and simple-minded and I don't much care for it. I don't have any real complaints though. I just don't approve of this method of "teaching a lesson".

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
She wrote an angry post on Facebook. So he shot the computer. Nine times. I think it would appear more sane if it had been done out of anger and not filmed for Youtube and planned out.

Its just weird. Not to mention the fact that he's only going to have solidified what his daughter thinks of him already (rightly or wrongly).

AND he goes about this in the exact same way she did.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
All you people who are sticking up for this jerk, please don't have children. Please.

Hang on, let me try to persuade you in a different way: If you continue being a bunch of gun nuts that shoot everything until, eventually you kill each other, for the slightest reason, then CHINA will be the world superpower. Think about that. Be decent parents, not overgrown kids who think they're the duke, and they'll be able to compete on the global economy whilst you sit in old age in a field shooting gofers and then yourselves.

mellemhund

Apr 1, 2009
senordesol said:
Ramzal said:
I'm not saying firing at an object is wrong. He's discharging it simply out of anger at his daughter. It's one thing to do something like that for practice, or even as a hobby. This was done out of anger. A gun should not be used like that.
The weapon was discharged safely with no risk to bystanders. I see no issue. And I'd rather he take his anger out on an object than a person.

In short: no harm done, no foul called.
Giving in to anger doesn't vent you it makes you more prone to anger. Learning to control your anger reduces anger. That guy is imo dangerous as a parent and I honestly fear his daughter is being abused. Excessive grounding is a sure sign of a control freak absent parenting skills.

galdon2004

Mar 7, 2009
Ramzal said:
Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment
If I refuse to attend a funeral I should be sued for disturbing the peace? Seriously? Not being someplace is exactly the OPPOSITE of disturbing the peace.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
That's disgusting. People think this is good parenting? Parents should sit down and discuss chores with their children, reaching an agreement on what seems reasonable based on how much work they each have to do both inside and outside the house. Children should do chores out of love because they acknowledge that if they don't help, their parents will be doing all the work. They shouldn't be doing chores out of fear of punishment. I cannot see wantonly destroying her possessions with a gun and putting up this video in an attempt to humiliate her as anything other than deliberate intimidation. "Do as I say or I will destroy your shit" is hardly an attitude conducive to mutual love and respect.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
galdon2004 said:
Ramzal said:
Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment
If I refuse to attend a funeral I should be sued for disturbing the peace? Seriously? Not being someplace is exactly the OPPOSITE of disturbing the peace.
No one said that. You are not disturbing the peace. However if you are standing outside of a funeral, yelling how glad someone is dead in a time of mourning than yes. You are disturbing the peace. Boycott was the wrong word depending on how it is taken. Picketing. Protesting a funeral.

Ziel

Mar 24, 2004
So his daughter's an immature drama queen...I wonder where she got THAT from?

He might have been making a fair point, but the way he made it leaves no question as to why his daughter might have turned out less than perfect.