Daily Drop: Cassette

IMakeIce

Dec 21, 2010
She's Too Tough, even the mighty crowbar has found its match, That thing fought Tooth and Nail. Pop that thing in a tape deck and I'll bet it'll still play I Want to Know What Love Is like a champ too.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Can't say I'm surprised they had to break the crowbar out, and even then, that cassette's probably salvagable even WITHOUT having to put the tape in a different shell...

For about 25 years of using the things, I think I've only ever damaged ONE to the point of unusability (can't even remember wtf happened to it, but it was severe) and maybe 2-3 more enough that remedial measures were needed to keep them going. If you can avoid the triplet horrors of tangling, dampness and fungal rot, they're pretty much indestructible.

Missed opportunity to give us the recorded-to-tape-and-back-to-digital version of the theme tune though. Or maybe just a fair-use snippet of something off that album before you "finally" "killed" it.
(mail it to me - I'll revive it!)

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
I expected it to not break upon dropping, but I also expected the crowbar to do more damage. Also, this drop was so much of a fail that, rather than damage the object, you damaged the drop zone! :-D
snowman6251 said:
For future reference, hard plastic objects are not interesting when dropped. We need either brittle, fluid, or amorphous objects to be interesting. Do more of that.
And this helps how, when the entire series was pre-recorded over the course of 3 16-hour days before the series even started?