Daily Drop: Cereal

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Gah! I didn't know that bowl was ceramic. I was completely unprepared for the crash!

On an unrelated note- did you guys change the theme song? It sounded a bit different to me for some reason.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
That was pretty satisfying! That's the kind of destruction and splash I'm looking for on a Friday; good job gentlemen (and ladies).
Prof. Monkeypox said:
On an unrelated note- did you guys change the theme song? It sounded a bit different to me for some reason.
I think they shortened the introduction, that's all. So it's missing a bit at the beginning. The same shots are all there, they're just shorter, so they cut part of the music to make the timing continue to work right. I agree that it makes it sound a little... off?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
crudus said:
hmm, am I the only one who expected a lot more splash from that?
I thought the same thing. Perhaps it had something to do with the bowl absorbing most of the force or the cereal holding the liquid together more so than if you simply had a bowl of water?

That said, in many ways seeing the unexpected is that much more interesting to watch.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
That was pretty cool.

Slycne said:
crudus said:
hmm, am I the only one who expected a lot more splash from that?
I thought the same thing. Perhaps it had something to do with the bowl absorbing most of the force or the cereal holding the liquid together more so than if you simply had a bowl of water?

That said, in many ways seeing the unexpected is that much more interesting to watch.
Yah i agree with you , that was some soggy cereal (must be corn flakes)

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
Not sure whether I should credit Paul's dropping skills or physics (probably both) but the way it stayed in the boll all the way down was really cool. It almost looked fake right up to the point where it hit the ground and you got a simultaneous smash and splat.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
you know the soggy cereal looks a bit like vomit...

also i expect more from the milk/cereal combination then just splat

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
These are definitely getting better each week. When this show started off it was sort of "meh" but now that you seem to have gotten the hang of what objects to drop it's a lot of fun to watch every (week)day.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
ravensshade said:
also i expect more from the milk/cereal combination then just splat
I don't think there's anything more satisfying than SPLAT!
Well... maybe BOOM! Or however you would describe the noise of 500 lbs of ANFO going off in a sealed container. "Pt-dvv!" maybe?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
O__O....CEREAL!!!!

*Starts NomNoming the ceareal up off the floor*

mmmm the Ceramic stays crunchy even in Milk!!!

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
HK_01 said:
These are definitely getting better each week. When this show started off it was sort of "meh" but now that you seem to have gotten the hang of what objects to drop it's a lot of fun to watch every (week)day.
I'm fairly certain all episodes were done before the first one went live. The dropping and filming, I mean.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
pluizig said:
HK_01 said:
I'm fairly certain all episodes were done before the first one went live. The dropping and filming, I mean.
In that case I guess I've just come to like it over time. But honestly, you think they dropped dozens of objects beforehand? Is this series only going to go on for a limited time?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
it was... odly satisfying

is it weird that i seem to unwhind with what they break??

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
HK_01 said:
But honestly, you think they dropped dozens of objects beforehand? Is this series only going to go on for a limited time?
The crew has mentioned it on their podcasts, if by "mentioned" I mean "bemoaned the 14-hour stretches of shooting for a week straight it took them to get 150 done while they had the camera rented." Graham has also said as much here on the forums. I don't mean to suggest that one ought to have known this, since one cannot be expected to wade through entire pages of comments, nor to listen to every Tom, Dick, and Harry's podcast, I'm just telling you where it was explicitly stated.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Why the hell is it so fun to watch things break in slow motion? Oh well, have fun cleaning that up.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Chasmodius said:
HK_01 said:
But honestly, you think they dropped dozens of objects beforehand? Is this series only going to go on for a limited time?
The crew has mentioned it on their podcasts, if by "mentioned" I mean "bemoaned the 14-hour stretches of shooting for a week straight it took them to get 150 done while they had the camera rented." Graham has also said as much here on the forums. I don't mean to suggest that one ought to have known this, since one cannot be expected to wade through entire pages of comments, nor to listen to every Tom, Dick, and Harry's podcast, I'm just telling you where it was explicitly stated.
Ah, thanks for that information. That must have taken a lot of planning and such, with all the holidays probably getting properly themed drops, etc.