Daily Drop: Corks

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Hatchet90 said:
Another great video, but corks? Hmm... do you think it's possible to run out of ideas?
It's possible, but we haven't.
We've shot 150 of these, and we're showing them in random order, so there's plenty of great stuff to look forward to.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
150 of them? Very nice. It's good you guys have a queue. I suppose it's not that difficult, since you just have to clean up after each one. I think the eggs are the hardest.

thorin01

May 15, 2010
That was fun. Great mix of cork and rubber/silicon corks.

Given that black coming straight for the camera, how many times did you guys freak out that something was about to hit and damage that very expensive camera you rented?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
You know, you should have soaked them in gasoline and lit them on fire first. That would have been really cool.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
the corks were better than I expected and I expect tomorrows to be pretty great too, but I suspect I will feel bad for whatever intern or lesser member of the team that is required to clean it up

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
GrahamS said:
We've shot 150 of these, and we're showing them in random order, so there's plenty of great stuff to look forward to.
Damn!! Lucky for you, the Halloween themed ones matched up perfectly...

OT: I was doubtful of this one to begin with but found myself cheering on the corks. Such as the black one that attacked out of nowhere.

"Oh, hey little guy! C'mon, c'mon. You can do it."

Then there was the guy that was late to the party. Loved that one.

miquelfire

Red Fire
Dec 24, 2008
Why is the second song not in the music section? (I found it on Last.fm in case anyone else wants it, as it's a free download there)

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
unacomn said:
This may sound strange, but what about a cat? I've seen cats fall from higher with ease, but never in slow motion.
Animal Rights people would complain. And you can see their point, no matter how interesting it would be for thousands of people to see that, it just takes one idiot who just has to try everything out for himself and one cat, and then splat. Idiot says he was inspired by the Escapist, people at the Escapist feel guilty and sad, Escapist viewers feel sad. Paul can't walk the streets anymore without getting spat on (by cats)... you just don't want to do there.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Great! I picked one cork to look at and it its multiple collisions were somehow funny. Too bad I'm too lazy to youtube a version with that little buddy highlighted.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
It's sooooo pretttttyyyyyy...

GrahamS said:
Hatchet90 said:
Another great video, but corks? Hmm... do you think it's possible to run out of ideas?
Ha, I was wondering whether you had done a huge number of them already since they don't take nearly as much time as your other stuff.

ClanCrusher

Constructive Critic
Mar 11, 2010
You know, I really liked that kickass music in the background. That is now officially the "corks being dropped from a height" theme song.

...is there somewhere I can get it?

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
More entertaining than expected. I loved the nearly chaotic physics involved, with all the collisions, rotational momentum, etc. I liked the bounciest ones coming down on the second fall to collide with the last of the original batch still bouncing upward. And then, there was the really bouncy one at the end, just when everything was kind of settled, here comes that one out of nowhere.
ClanCrusher said:
You know, I really liked that kickass music in the background. That is now officially the "corks being dropped from a height" theme song.

...is there somewhere I can get it?
Click the "Music" link below the video, then click the "Younnat" link on the page you get to.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
PeePantz said:
GrahamS said:
Damn!! Lucky for you, the Halloween themed ones matched up perfectly...
Touché.
Okay, I should have said they are not airing in production order.

jcm0791

Jul 22, 2009
AssassinJoe said:
I think Paul might have a drinking problem
Kathleen strikes me as a more likely culprit for that wine consumption ... not for any specific reason. I just find it easy to picture her relaxing with a glass of wine after a hard day filming.