Daily Drop: Dried Flowers

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dried Flowers

Daily Drop decorates the drop zone with some more kitsch.

Watch Video

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Is it just me ore have the past two epides seen a sharp decrease in quality? I watched a one from earlier and it looked much better than the past two.

EDIT: Sorry to make it clear I meant VIDEO quality not content. I'm in the Pub-Club and the credits in particular seem a lot fuzzier for this episode. The high quality image really lets you see the shockwaves ripple out from the impact.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
You know what would be cool, baking soda and vinegar. (or a similar chemical reaction) you could put baking soda in the ground and drop a test tube full of vinegar.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Is it just me ore have the past two epides seen a sharp decrease in quality? I watched a one from earlier and it looked much better than the past two.
They seem to be running out of things to drop.

Kinda a shame.
Well, I always enjoy watching glass break. Plus, I did have my doubts about this being a daily thing as far as how long it would last.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
That drop was kinda meh. But flowers have never been that interesting. You know what would be an interesting drop? Icesicles. Yeah, now that would be a fun drop.

OldGrover

Nov 10, 2009
They did all the episodes over a few days a few months back and are playing them back in pseudo-random order. It likely isn't possible to project trends on the subjects, since they aren't playing them back in the order they did them.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
I think you might have dropped enough glass objects for now, while I really liked it at first I think I enjoy the ones where you get to see things spin and bounce over things just shattering.

Also this one seemed out of focus, the glass was hazy and the flowers were hard to focus on.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
Short and sweet ... Can't wait for the next drop ... Looks like a Tim Horton's ICE CAP

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
capacollo said:
Short and sweet ... Can't wait for the next drop ... Looks like a Tim Horton's ICE CAP
Or a Starbucks Frappucino. The green straw and frothy whip cream gives it away.

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
People here just aren't scientific enough. I really enjoy seeing how different items handle the kinetic energy of being dropped 2-4 meters on to a solid surface. Some things just don't act the way you'd think they would and that makes it interesting.

Besides, all of these are prerecorded and they're just choosing the order they show them in. If you think they've had a drop in quality recently, it's just because they've chosen two or three you don't like in a row. Wait a week and they'll have something you like up by then.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
I wonder, how does the cleanup go with all the shards of glass?

As previously mentioned, it was good, but they seem to be getting worse. I do like this idea though:
Hashime said:
you could put baking soda in the ground and drop a test tube full of vinegar.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
thenumberthirteen said:
Is it just me ore have the past two epides seen a sharp decrease in quality?
It's not just you. I've noticed the lowered image detail as well. I'm hoping it's just a clerical error (uploaded the wrong video to the HQ directories).

As for people claiming they're running out of things to drop, during the Desert Bus for Hope charity run, Graham happened to mention that they shot about 150 drops over the course of a week. So we've got a ways to go yet.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
thenumberthirteen said:
They seem to be running out of things to drop.

Kinda a shame.
Despite the fact they already said they have over 150 recorded?

Sense = made.

I quite liked it, glass breaking always helps my stressful day