Daily Drop: Durian

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Aren't durians banned from being exported, or something? I thought that you couldn't bring those things on planes.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
I love durians! Garrus was one of my favourite characters in Mass Effect!

...what? Oh, those were Turians.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Just be glad that it hit on the ground and not on a person head (it look dangerous with those spikes).
Actually, the durian is well known for NOT dropping from people's heads (unless someone drops them on purpose of course). It can drop a few seconds after you move away, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be many head splitting accidents. [sub]Durian trees are psychic![/sub]

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
The Gentleman said:
ado01 said:
I love durian and I think it's delicious and smells great. Must be an Asian thing. :[
It does appear to be an Asian thing. What a waste...
Well, im black and i like them.....
I think its just an intelligent thing. That only smart people can enjoy them.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
I miss durian.......best ones from malaysia, D24 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And theres a myth about durians having eyes. So they drop on thieves trying to steal crops(ripe durians drop naturally, not picked)

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
MaxFan said:
I clicked this wondering what a durian was. Having watched the video I'm going to have to go with "one of those" although that still doesn't really answer my question.
When I saw the preview yesterday I though it was a giant kooshball. Clearly I was wrong.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
"has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks" (Wikipedia)

Huh...

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
That's probably the first time I have been slightly disgusted by a Daily Drop. Upon first coming apart it looked vaguely like some kind of animal vivisection. Thankfully we have gourds to look forward to!

seekeroftruth86

Nov 20, 2010
That's a bit disappointing. I was expecting a more spectacular burst.

Anyways, Durian tastes and smells like rotten chicken salad.

Blargh.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
ado01 said:
I love durian and I think it's delicious and smells great. Must be an Asian thing. :[
I'm also Asian but I can't stand the smell of durian and I can barely tolerate eating it. Not even in gelato form, which I have to wonder they kept their store from smelling awful when making it (the place I go do makes everything in-house).

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I thought it was a porcupine!But now that I see it is not, what in the world is that fruit?