Daily Drop: PlayStation

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Part of my childhood cried out in anguish.

My more cynical part however wishes to state that's how you get the infinity health cheat in FFVII to work.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Funny thing is that it never breaks. Mine fell about 15 times and it still works. The PS2, however, took only one small drop and had to be taken to the shop.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
As we said many times before: You need gloves to use the crowbar. If you do not you either scratch your hand on the ground or you don't develop enough momentum to scratch a sturdy object like an old console. Please keep that in mind for the next batch.

Also Sony will probably sue you because you published a description how to hack the playstation. And then they will give your credit card number to.. well to anyone interested.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Yeah, I dropped my old Playstation quite a few times. It was quite the stable beast. Sharp contrast to how some of my newer consoles have bit the dust from a little wear and tear.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
In lieu of current events with the PSN, this video is very appropriate both metaphorically and literally (or whatever the word is for realistically.... but not in writing....)

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
Xbox360: You're going to drop me? No! No! OH SHI-
(dropped three more times, just of the hell of it.)

PSX: Trying to use pure gravity to destroy me? I don't think so.
(2nd drop)
I see you haven't learned anything, noob.
(see's silent crowbar wielding man)
OH SHI-

On Topic: Should have gone Gordon Freeman on that PlayStation.

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
YES! YES! A thousand times YES! The Drop Gods are listening. My smashing prayers have been answered. Next time though, SLEDGE HAMMER! :D

supersheep13

May 12, 2011
older things are better quality, drop a PS1 from very high up.... NOTHING, Drop a iPhone from pocket onto concrete...... DESTRUCTION!!!

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I broke my PlayStation in a similar fashion. Except instead of dropping it, I threw it out of my bedroom window where it smashed onto the road and got run over. That was the biggest game rage I ever had.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I weep for a fallen soldier. May it live on and provide infinite hours of entertainment in Valhalla.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Pretty sturdy piece of equipment, there. :)
supersheep13 said:
older things are better quality, drop a PS1 from very high up.... NOTHING, Drop a iPhone from pocket onto concrete...... DESTRUCTION!!!
Blame corporate greed for that. They want to make more money, so they continue to use cheaper materials in construction to save on costs. Also, repairs are a nice market to be in, so the more that break, the more they have to fix, and the more money they make.