Daily Drop: Salt & Pepper

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
I'm sure another dork has already said this, but the pepper was stronger for being too full. If you just emptied 1/4 of the jar out it probably would have smashed along with the salt.
Someone else has mentioned it, but the salt and pepper were equally full, so I don't see the issue.

In one shot the pepper looks more full because it's darker, but if you look closely (especially at the shot of Paul holding them), both shakers have an equal amount of their respective filling.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
Best. Daily Drop. Ever.

I can't help it, Alex hit that pepper like Gordon Freeman hits a head crab. Heck, the crowbar quivered from the force of the blow. Epic. Sauce. Super slow mo FTW.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
"Ugh, OMG why won't this pepper break? You know what? BRING IN THE CROWBAR!"

"RARGHOMGWTFBBQ!!"

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
OMFG I laughed so hard when Watching Graham just CROWBAR the mess outta that pepper!!!

Alex is now the New Gordon Freeman!!!!

teh_spartan

ultimate pwnerer
Mar 29, 2009
the peper needed to hit the ground on its flat side because the corners are too thick but crowbar was WIN

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
GrahamS said:
Wolfram01 said:
I'm sure another dork has already said this, but the pepper was stronger for being too full. If you just emptied 1/4 of the jar out it probably would have smashed along with the salt.
Someone else has mentioned it, but the salt and pepper were equally full, so I don't see the issue.

In one shot the pepper looks more full because it's darker, but if you look closely (especially at the shot of Paul holding them), both shakers have an equal amount of their respective filling.
Huh. How 'bout that. I thought about going back and watching it again to check on that, but my dad wanted to get out the door. I think the neck being the weak spot was probably a valid point, though. Ultimately, however, I'm glad it didn't break, because the inclusion of Alex and his crowbar made this the best one yet.

By the way, Graham, you may want to go edit the OP, just to let people know it was Alex; people are still making the mistake.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
The vision of Alex screaming and slamming down the crowbar had me in stitches, along with Paul's dramatic POINT!

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Alex_LRR said:
I started using the cbar with gloves after the first shot because I raked the skin off my knuckles.

Also, I didn't think me and Graham looked that similar...
I think it's the way your hat shaped your ears, I too thought it was Graham at first because of that and the scruffiness of the beard.

Loved the effect of the dust coming off the glove by the way, it was a tiny effect that made the whole sequence more awesome than it would have been.

Edit:

Oooph... Yeah I can see where your nuckles hit the ground.. >.<!!

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Alex_LRR said:
I started using the cbar with gloves after the first shot because I raked the skin off my knuckles.

Also, I didn't think me and Graham looked that similar...
Ouch. Well, good on ya suffering for your art!

Do you and Graham look all that similar? Not really. But with goggles on and no way to judge height people latched on to the most visible feature, your beard, and confused you with the other LRR beard enthusiast.

To be honest, when I first started watching LRR vids not only did I think that Matt and Tim were the same person (a somewhat more understandable confusion), I thought that Jer and James were the same person. And the only thing they have in common is hair color and skin tone! Why? Probably because LRR videos have a lot going on, people are often in costume, they usually only last about 4 mins with each person only getting a few minutes or even seconds of air time.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
I love how sciency they are about the whole thing, it adds an extra layer of awesome to the show :p

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Crowbar uber alles! It was great to see Graham Alex [sub]sorry[/sub] channel his inner Freeman. No spice dispenser is safe!

[small]Note to self: In case of alien invasion, head to Escapist HQ, stat.[/small]

bloodrayne626

May 15, 2008
I love where this series is going.
Kinda sucks that I we have to wait over the weekend for the egg, though. I love this show!
btw: Alex and his crowbar are the reason my house gets locked every night henceforth.