Daily Drop: Television

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
<TV fails to break when dropped - unsurprised>
<Crowbar bounces off w/ 1st blow - chuckles>
<Crowbar bounces off w/ 2nd blow - LOLs>

<Cinder block bounces off the TV - Epic>

Well eff, I guess they don't build 'em like they used to!

Now somebody get the C4!

Edit: somebody needs to keep a running tally of when the crowbar (and now the cinder block!> have been implemented.

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
I remember when I was a kid we took one of the old broken crts out back and shot them.

Swear to god the first shot didn't penetrate. Second did though. And then we hit it with buckshot ...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Ah, that was so great. I laughed so hard when the crowbar bounced off the screen. And then the cinder block pretty much bounced off too. I can just imagine the TV going "u mad?" right now.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Dear God. Looks like that TV was actually MADE from cinder blocks.
It just didn't broke.
Also, loved the nuke incoming sound (well, at least to me it sounded a lot like that) when the block came.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
When things were built to last... I don't suppose you had any explosives on hand?

Also loved the failure movement from crowbar to cinder block

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
I assume the Victoria Event Centre wouldn't want you to go all Elvis on the TV, so that's a shame. Come to think of it, I have no idea what firearms laws are like in Canada. Ah well, good attempt anyway.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
My god, please make a television shot 2, please i want to see it DX

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
HankMan said:
GORDON FREEMAN
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZCGt7-RSOK4/TUAt0jBuQvI/AAAAAAAACZM/gcd-EBevS8M/s1600/rowbar.jpg
IS NOT AMUSED!
Gordon Freeman's greatest enemy...

OLD SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY!

Tynermeister

Feb 10, 2011
FAILURE!

CROWBAR IS READY!

CROWBAR FAILURE!

CINDERBLOCK IS READY!

CINDERBLOCK FAILURE!

. . .

NUKE READY!

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Okay. As of right now, this is the best drop so far.

JPArbiter said:
you should have gone all Peter Gabriel on that thing!

SLEDGEHAMMER! (then follow it up with the synthesizer riff)
Funny thing. I was expecting a sledgehammer after the crowbar failures. That cinderblock surprised me.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
Chasmodius said:
I assume the Victoria Event Centre wouldn't want you to go all Elvis on the TV, so that's a shame. Come to think of it, I have no idea what firearms laws are like in Canada. Ah well, good attempt anyway.
there is no need for fire arms in canada, and there for there are no fire arms in canada.

when an individual wants to commit a crime he simply asks politely for the object he desires.
in most cases the man receives what he was looking for and feels so ashamed that he pays for it anyway.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
They made em tough in the old days... shame the crowbar didn't do it, but I suspect the cinderblock and the drop at least rattled the innards, wonder if it'll still work...

Michizane

Apr 15, 2009
Yopaz said:
CRT TVs wont break from a frontal assault, the glass is way too thick to be broken by a fall like that, there's also vacuum inside so it's built to last. If they had attacked it from behind it would knock off the protection from the back and cause an implosion. My physics teacher in high school taught me that, a wisdom he gained when he was trying to help a friend move his TV.
TV imploded by one drop to the floor because the back of it hit the table the TV was on.
MUST...
SEE...

DOO EEET!