Daily Drop: Tree Cookie Jar

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Did they forget to film an establishing shot? generally you don't go straight into the slo-mo drop. Maybe The Escapist decided to edit it for brevity.
The Escapist doesn't edit the videos, we do.
For this one, we apparently don't have a wide shot. We're missing the wide for several drops, it seems.

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOIXjGpPf-U

Now what will Albertan politicians do without their cookies? D=>

debramster123

Sep 12, 2010
we have gatherd here today.
to memorize those lovely cookies.
and all they have done for us troughout our lives.

they really touched all of us.

amen

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I like the little pile of cookies that are left.

PerfectDeath said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOIXjGpPf-U

Now what will Albertan politicians do without their cookies? D=>
Oh wow... I didn't actually watch the video but I heard so much about it, living in Edmonton. No wonder the guy got fired.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
THE COOKIES LIVE!!! HUZZAH!!!!
I wonder if they were aware of those cookies.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Graham_LRR said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Did they forget to film an establishing shot? generally you don't go straight into the slo-mo drop. Maybe The Escapist decided to edit it for brevity.
The Escapist doesn't edit the videos, we do.
For this one, we apparently don't have a wide shot. We're missing the wide for several drops, it seems.
I thought that might be the case. I guess whomever was doing the wide shots took a bathroom break, or maybe just couldn't stand the sight of all those cookies broken on the ground.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I can't wait to see what happens to the fruitcake tomorrow. Should be fun!

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
Mydnyght said:
Oh, boy, fruitcake tomorrow... Whatever happens, it probably deserves it... See ya then!
Fruitcake is nice. Particularly with a lovely slice of Wensleydale or Ewe's milk cheese on top.
What ewe talkin' about Willis?

OT: That was a fun drop. I liked how the force of the impact was almost completely absorbed by the cookies.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'm still watching every day. But aren't these drops getting a little just like... variations on a theme? I'm not saying I don't enjoy seeing stuff smash (trust me, it's spectacular) but how about something that isn't glass or ceramic?

EDIT

The fruit cake should be interesting!

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
You should paint the yellow-black lines on the floor. Printing them out looks unprofessional. You don't want the other people throwing things in the floor to watch them disintegrate in slow motion look down on you, don't you?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
... Wow that thing really exploded there didn't it?

I hope this wasn't actually done after the CFL's from the last vid...

Mercury dust coated cookies. D:

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I am surprised the cookies didn't break. Or that more cookies didn't break- I only saw what looked like a few cookie shards off to the right. All the others seem to have stayed amazingly intact.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
What?! There were cookies in there?! You guys should have eaten the cookies once the thing was broken, right there on camera. Some of the cookies on top didn't touch the ground so they were good. And you could have eaten some in slow motion too! Just imagine: ssssslllllloooooowwwww mmmmmmmoooooooootttttttiiiiiiioooooooonnnnnnn ccccchhhhheeeeewwwwwwiiiiinnnnnggggg!!!!!!!! That would have been cool.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
LadyRhian said:
I am surprised the cookies didn't break. Or that more cookies didn't break- I only saw what looked like a few cookie shards off to the right. All the others seem to have stayed amazingly intact.
I was thinking the same thing. They also stayed in an incredibly neat little pile- it's like the shock of the landing was absorbed completely by the jar.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Wow, didn't think you'd guys would have cookies in it when you droped it. Those looked like some pretty strong cookies as well, wonder if you ate them or not. :D