Dec 24, 2008
Rastien said:
Jazoni89 said:
Rastien said:
Jazoni89 said:
Rastien said:
370999 said:
lRookiel said:
I really hope they got arrested for that, it's just plain dangerous.

I'm not particularly fond of Travellers, they are a shady bunch, plus they own caravans which means I automatically dislike them.

>.>

<.<
Travellers aren't gypsies.
Whats the difference?

bahumat42 said:
DoPo said:
Need For Horse Speed: Hot Pursuit

Dunno, might be promising but the graphics look kind of bland. I wander when the demo comes out, I'd like to see the controls.
i would of gone the other way

Need for speed: Horse pursuit

But yeah i dont generally trust gypos.

Dammit got ninja'd
Unlucky son :p

Jazoni89 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jazoni89 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:
I've never been fond of painting a whole community with one brush.

These people, however, are idiots.
Indeed.

Every single interaction I've had with gypsies has been unpleasant.

I know there are some good people among them, but damn, I haven't met one yet.
I know one...

My Brother in law

But...yeah, they are not exactly the nicest people.
I'm not willing to marry into it just to find one nice gypsy :D
Well, my sister took it on, and I guess you can do some really crazy stuff for the one's you love. Even if it means being tied in to the gypsy lifestyle.

...they do live in a house though.
does it have wheels on the bottom though? :p

I think its fair to say that you can't tar them all with the same brush its just a shame most encounters people have with them tend to be unpleasent :(.
Definitely no wheels...

He's more of a Traditionalist (he's Romani), and he is always rambling on about how Irish Travellers give his kind a bad name.
That i can understand the trouble we get tend to be Irish, and i was only yankin your chain about the home no harm intended :)
I know it's the internet, but you can still offend someone, intended or not.

I found that somewhat offensive to be quite honest with you, considering my family members share ties to the gypsy community, but seeing as you apologised, I'll let that silly comment slide. :p

Public perception of Gypsies is incredibly outdated anyway, so it's no surprise that you feel that way.
Thank you, i have a tendancy to speak before i think i'm just as bad in person, but i will always apologise if its upset someone :) and as such i am sorry for being offensive.

Unfortuntley as i said the dealings i have had with them havn't been favourable which is a shame as i tend to get along with everyone, cheeky thoughtless comments aside :).
Don't worry, I've been guilty of the exact same thing before, so don't sweat it.

I hate Gypsy threads with a burning passion for this reason though.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
Rastien said:
Jazoni89 said:
Rastien said:
Jazoni89 said:
Rastien said:
370999 said:
lRookiel said:

I'm not particularly fond of Travellers, they are a shady bunch, plus they own caravans which means I automatically dislike them.

>.>

<.<
Whats the difference?

bahumat42 said:
DoPo said:
Need For Horse Speed: Hot Pursuit

Dunno, might be promising but the graphics look kind of bland. I wander when the demo comes out, I'd like to see the controls.
i would of gone the other way

Need for speed: Horse pursuit

But yeah i dont generally trust gypos.

Dammit got ninja'd

Jazoni89 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jazoni89 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:

Indeed.

I know one...

My Brother in law

But...yeah, they are not exactly the nicest people.
I'm not willing to marry into it just to find one nice gypsy :D
Well, my sister took it on, and I guess you can do some really crazy stuff for the one's you love. Even if it means being tied in to the gypsy lifestyle.

...they do live in a house though.
does it have wheels on the bottom though? :p

I think its fair to say that you can't tar them all with the same brush its just a shame most encounters people have with them tend to be unpleasent :(.
Definitely no wheels...

He's more of a Traditionalist (he's Romani), and he is always rambling on about how Irish Travellers give his kind a bad name.
That i can understand the trouble we get tend to be Irish, and i was only yankin your chain about the home no harm intended :)

I found that somewhat offensive to be quite honest with you, considering my family members share ties to the gypsy community, but seeing as you apologised, I'll let that silly comment slide. :p

Public perception of Gypsies is incredibly outdated anyway, so it's no surprise that you feel that way.
Thank you, i have a tendancy to speak before i think i'm just as bad in person, but i will always apologise if its upset someone :) and as such i am sorry for being offensive.

Unfortuntley as i said the dealings i have had with them havn't been favourable which is a shame as i tend to get along with everyone, cheeky thoughtless comments aside :).
Don't worry, I've been guilty of the exact same thing before, so don't sweat it.

I hate Gypsy threads with a burning passion for this reason though.
Understanbly so, also we kinda spun off topic probably my fault entirley x).

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Who do you think the guy behind the camera was?

Well, their faces have all been caught on camera as have their crimes. So i say arrest the stupid twats.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
370999 said:
lRookiel said:

>.>

<.<
Didn't think travellers would be a term known to the international public so i used gypsies for the thread title. I went back to travellers for the post.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Nickolai77 said:
Who do you think the guy behind the camera was?

Well, their faces have all been caught on camera as have their crimes. So i say arrest the stupid twats.
They only arrested one. Everyone else got off scot free.

This race took place not too far from where i live and last night in the pub i overheard some of the people who were at the 'race' saying how they were such hard men.

Arseholes.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
As an American my only interpretation of gypsies stems from Marvel's portrayal of them in Dr. Doom and Magneto's children's back stories. Is this incorrect? >.>

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Fappy said:
As an American my only interpretation of gypsies stems from Marvel's portrayal of them in Dr. Doom and Magneto's children's back stories. Is this incorrect? >.>
I had to look it up, but its not wildly inaccurate.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Well theres a title I never thought I'd see...

Just leave them to it I say. Surely it's no less dangerous than a car, or even worse still.. a motorcycle??

Edit: I kid, obviously. Before anyone wants to tell me how I'm a horrible person.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
idarkphoenixi said:
Well theres a title I never thought I'd see...

Just leave them to it I say. Surely it's no less dangerous than a car, or even worse still.. a motorcycle??

Edit: I kid, obviously. Before anyone wants to tell me how I'm a horrible person.
You're a horrible person and stop stalking me on YouTube :p

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Whilst they're fucking morons, I did laugh at the fact that the guy on the left looks like he himself has the hind legs of a horse.

Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:

Indeed.

Yeah, they're not exactly the easiest bunch to keep an open-mind about.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Jazoni89 said:

And I find Nicky Minaj offensive but she's not going to stop making records.
Just because you find something offensive it doesn't mean it's wrong, perhaps it is your reaction that is wrong.

OT: The traveller community gets such bad press here in England I don't know what to think of them as a whole. Especially seen as the very few brief encounters I've had with travellers would seem to support the sensationalist viewpoint.

leethal

Oct 19, 2011
Fappy said:
when anyone form ireland or the uk refers to knackers or travelers, gypsies is the more common incorrect term think trailer trash rednecks but caravans.

and when traveler families start a grudge (every few years) it gets ugly.
my uncle showed me a clip of a burning van, apparently some travelers were going door to door selling puppies when a rival family pulled up and drew shotguns, SHOTGUNS! the puppy sellers fled and the rivals set the van on fire (puppies still inside) all this happened 15 feet from his door, just imagine if my young cousins were in the garden .

reasons like this are why travelers get such a bad rep

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
Travellers tend to be scumbags, violent and arrogant. This isnt surprising and I dont see why people let them get away with it. whenever travellers show up crime rates soar, they dont have a culture its simple criminality, they belong way in the past. if your gonna call me out on this just realise I dont say this without good reason to believe it, and if you defend them then you are in turn defending some of the worst subjugation of women in the western world.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
ablac said:
Travellers tend to be scumbags, violent and arrogant. This isnt surprising and I dont see why people let them get away with it.
Because whenever anyone calls them out on their bullshit they are immediately accused of discrimination by the Travellers rights groups.It's a fucking joke to be honest.Travellers will break every law in the book when it suits them but are pretty quick to seek the protection of the law if they feel they've been discriminated against in the slightest

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I see this pretty much every day considering I live next to a small group of travellers. Apart from almost causing accidents and holding up traffic, their horses shit all over the place!

I try my best to avoid them, especially the damn kids. I was once told to "fuck off" by a 5 year old traveller, I mean, how am I supposed to react to that?? On another occasion, a woman grabbed me by the arm and dragged me behind her caravan where she had a washing machine outside and told me to fix it. So I was pretty much held prisoner until I got the damn thing working.

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
What the hell were they thinking? They could have gotten those horses killed with that crap.

May 17, 2010
Rastien said:
370999 said:
Rastien said:
370999 said:
lRookiel said:

>.>

<.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Travellers are a bunch of ethnic Irish chaps, while the Roma are who the term Gypsy usually refers to.

Often incorrectly made out to be the same but they aren't.
Unlucky son wasn't directed at you x) sorry, i was curious hence why asking what the difference was and that makes sense.
Oh no, sorry I messed up when quoting you.

I get you chiefohara, it's just I prefer to call a spade a spade and all that.