Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
370999 said:
Rastien said:
370999 said:
Rastien said:
370999 said:
lRookiel said:
I really hope they got arrested for that, it's just plain dangerous.

I'm not particularly fond of Travellers, they are a shady bunch, plus they own caravans which means I automatically dislike them.

>.>

<.<
Travellers aren't gypsies.
Unlucky son :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Travellers are a bunch of ethnic Irish chaps, while the Roma are who the term Gypsy usually refers to.

Often incorrectly made out to be the same but they aren't.
Unlucky son wasn't directed at you x) sorry, i was curious hence why asking what the difference was and that makes sense.
Oh no, sorry I messed up when quoting you.

I get you chiefohara, it's just I prefer to call a spade a spade and all that.

Well thats okay then lad. :D

Zingtea

Feb 17, 2010
I thought the Escapist community was a bit less racist than this. Well, the more you know.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
leethal said:
I wish people would stop calling them that, it's so fucking offensive. It's like calling a black person a ******, it's just not cool. I don't think anyone complaining about the problems they have with the travelling community has too much credibility when they start calling them knackers.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Just look at them, working their gypsy magic!
Cookie for anyone who get that reference :)

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
leethal said:
and when traveler families start a grudge (every few years) it gets ugly.
my uncle showed me a clip of a burning van, apparently some travelers were going door to door selling puppies when a rival family pulled up and drew shotguns, SHOTGUNS! the puppy sellers fled and the rivals set the van on fire (puppies still inside) all this happened 15 feet from his door, just imagine if my young cousins were in the garden .
Did they get the puppies out?!??!?! D:
Burning puppies is a sure-fire way to go straight to hell.

As for this, it seems really dumb, if one guy fell off and brained himself it would be kind of his own dumb fault. And the horses could get hurt. :(

Somebody think of the animals!!

But- I don't think its fair to make comments on a community at large because of some people doing stupid shit and it getting filmed.

leethal

Oct 19, 2011
Phasmal said:
Did they get the puppies out?!??!?! D:
Burning puppies is a sure-fire way to go straight to hell.

Somebody think of the animals!!

But- I don't think its fair to make comments on a community at large because of some people doing stupid shit and it getting filmed.
sadly no

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Not gonna pass judgement on an entire group of people from the actions of a few idiots, but I can safely say that the people in this video are a bunch of cunts. Someone could have been killed.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Okay, now, I'm not going to say that this is safe, but get this... there are people who street race with cars.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sure I'm fine if the horse race was held in a planned area but not on the road, being dicks to those who held up the traffic for their antics.

SneeringCanuck

Nov 17, 2011
Ah gypsies, so amusing and yet so retarded.

Then again, my family are all Serbs and I spent a fair bit of my life growing up there as well, so I've developed a natural loathing for them.

REMOVE GYPSY FROM BALKANS, SERBIA WILL LEAD THE WAY.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
I thought it was actually pretty funny to be honest, my favourite part was when the Gardai officer on TV said 'this is a very serious incident' with his serious face on. Compared to the shit with have in my neck of the woods this is barely worth the police getting involved.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
TheBobmus said:
I've never been fond of painting a whole community with one brush.

These people, however, are idiots.
Can't disagree with that. Never had a plesant experience with gypsies.
Poor horses. :(

May 17, 2010
Zingtea said:
I thought the Escapist community was a bit less racist than this. Well, the more you know.
How can I be racist towards my own race? They are the same ethnicity as me.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Blablahb said:
Leftnt Sharpe said:
I thought it was actually pretty funny to be honest, my favourite part was when the Gardai officer on TV said 'this is a very serious incident' with his serious face on. Compared to the shit with have in my neck of the woods this is barely worth the police getting involved.
Do you know what happens if horses panic? Or if they crash into a car? Or even more basic: do you know the consequences of a horse's health if they're made to trot or gallup at speed on a paved surface for long?

I mean, if those gypsies want to race, maybe kill themselves and blacken the name of their group even further, if that's even possible, fine by me. It's the crashing into other people and abuse of horses which makes it that those guys need to go die in a fire.
No hese guys need to die in a fire: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/09/rochdale-gang-jailed-sexually-exploiting

When stuff like this is going on where I live, I frankly couldn't care less about horses.

Zingtea

Feb 17, 2010
370999 said:
Zingtea said:
How can I be racist towards my own race? They are the same ethnicity as me.
I think it's safe to say anyone who throws the g-word around as much as I've seen here is racist.