Dante's Inferno?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
First. (just to annoy the guy below me)

I know about the poem and I now know that the games aren't related.

I have the answer to my question in many different ways, so this thread can die peacefully now.

EPD001

Apr 15, 2009
No it's based of a poem called the Divine Comedy by a poet named Dante. To be more specific it's centered around the Inferno part of the poem.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
omega 616 said:
involving demonic demons .
heh.

Hack'n'Slash games are always the same. You'll notice some similarities but there'll also be differences. We can't compare them yet, however, as Dante's Inferno isn't out.

dsmops2003

Sep 23, 2009
Thats a negative. Its a game based on the Divine Comedy written by Dante Alighieri in the 13th century. You will probably required to read his work in 10 - 12 grade.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
well, in some point in history, there was this book on hell, with the main characters Dante and Virgil. DMC took this, a bit, and called their characters Dante, Virgil, and Nero(nothing to do with the book), if I'm not mistaken. Dante's Inferno is a game of the book.
the games have nothing to do with each other

EDIT: Well, being Ninja'd was to be expected

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
God of War rippoff?..... In hell?........is that a bad thing?

as for dmc - no guns and the range attacks actualy do damage so no.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
dsmops2003 said:
Thats a negative. Its a game based on the Divine Comedy written by Dante Alighieri in the 13th century. You will probably required to read his work in 10 - 12 grade.
I am not American so nope, I have read the poem outside of school though.

EPD001 said:
No it's based of a poem called the Divine Comedy by a poet named Dante. To be more specific it's centered around the Inferno part of the poem.
Furburt said:
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
Why did you do that?

OP:No, it's based on a centuries old poem.
I know it's based off the poem about the levels (or circles) of hell but I thought DMC was very loosely based on that.

I just wanted to know if it had any connections to DMC and due to most of the answer I now know there not thank you.

Thats all folks.

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
Kindly remove yourself from this forum until you know not to do that.

OT: I know almost nothing of literature, so I cannot help you.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Punisher A.J. said:
God of War rippoff?..... In hell?........is that a bad thing?

as for dmc - no guns and the range attacks actualy do damage so no.
Didn't God of War already go to Hell/Hades? Those spikey rotating pillars of death were annoying beyond belief.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
No, it's much more God of War.

In fact, I was pretty shocked by how similar the mechanics felt to GOW, even the ways the camera follows Dante around are the same.