Dark Knight Fanboys: "Joker Should Be Retired"

Berndawg69

Nov 19, 2008
a "Character" should never be retired for an "Actor"... as a fellow actor, i know Heath wouldn't want that, and it just keep's poeple dwelling on the past. in a couple years, someone else might come along and then everyone will love that Joker performance. we should just be happy to see our favorite characters portrayed differently by different people. I tend to look at the big picture.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
johnx61 said:
I'm done arguing with you now. You're entire argument over the past 4-5 posts has been. "The Joker is unnecessary and should be removed because I don't like him."
I'm sorry if you felt that was my message, my intent was to get across that Batman doesn't need Joker. The fact that I'm tired of seeing the joker is just a side note.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
no no no, the joker will never die. and neither will his role in this series. they , if they want money, will replace him. personaly nicholson was not dark enough for me, i like the new joker way more and i hope they dont stop, find a replacement.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
For now, I think they should leave it, for the sake of continuity. I'm sure they think this too. It's OK to swap the actress playing Batman's love interest; I barely noticed anyway. But to change the Joker's actor would be very noticeable right now. Maybe wait until the next series of films, or when Christian Bale hangs up his cape and underpants (*fingers crossed* to Adam West)

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
not sure...but I don't know if there should be anymore Batman films after Nolan's trilogy

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
AHAHAHAAHA what. Retiring him from Nolan's films is one thing, but The Joker is too good a character to be retired from the Batman film mythos.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Ledger's performance was overrated, and he no doubt suffered from Dead Actor Syndrome, where everyone blows everything related to the person out of proportion.

Nicholson did a better job of bringing comic-book Joker to the big screen, and Mark Hammil is THE best Joker, period. Ledger comes at a distant third. His character may have been itneresting, but he suffered from the same problem as everything in Nolan's new, more realistic Batman movies (great though they may be): the Joker, along with Batman, Gotham City, and pretty much everything else, was never MEANT to be made realistic. The fun about the comics and the animated series is that they are dark, gothic fantasy. Once you turn Gotham from a gothic nightmare to AnyCity, USA, it instantly loses part of its character, and its charm. And the same goes for the characters.

The movies are good, mind you. I really, really do like them, but to me, they are more like an Elseworlds tale of an alternate reality in the DC universe, than a proper adaptation of Batman in the first place.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Jesus, they're still at it? They started that shit last year. My responce to them was that Heath wasn't even half as good as the new (revamped as of April 2007) comic book Joker, that he looks like the hobo lovechild of the Crow & Beetlejuice, & that he's no Mark Hamill.

$5 says that is 10 years when another Batman trillogy comes out, these wastetards protest the latest Joker in front of theaters, watch it half a year after it's DVD release out of curiosity, then their little club breaks into 3; 1/3 come to their sences & quit, 1/3 stick with their original message, & 1/3 develop a new devout fanclub to the newer Joker.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Any and all Bat-films..... ugh bloody nerds. I can understand for Nolan's Batman(that is if it continues with continuity). Other then that, fuck it let's see who else is man-err-crazy enough to wear The Joker's pants.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
wow...thats stupid...granted i LOVED the performance of the joker by heath ledger...but im sure he ISNT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO IT!

why dont they make it to where this should be how the joker is portrayed? in my opinion it took the rawest form of the joker and added its own twist to where he's less of a crazy cackleing mobster and more of a hell spawn anarchist. (the one that makes you shit brix.)

by the way... does this mean the next batman villain is Harley Quinn?