Dark Knight Rises Set Photo Hints at Lazarus Pit

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
anian said:
And arent Lazarus pitts yellowish, not green?
The pit wouldn't be green in the movie; they would use the method of green screening to apply the digital effects for the pit into the hole where ever the green screen covered.

OT:I still have no idea what I'm looking it. Is that a close up of a piece of wood with a green paint drop on it? I know what the article says I'm supposed to be looking at but all I see if a close up of wood.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
.... That's just a green blob on some decking. What you lot seeing? Is this something like those magic eye pictures?Caz I can't see anything there either.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
My personal theory on this picture is that it's just green screen. Maybe it's an entrance to a cave that's way deeper than they could dig without problems so just green screened it.
I can't see this being the Lazarus pit, primarily because it would be too obvious. They know people think Ra's has more to do with it, so I think they're using this vague picture to stir up fans. Remember when Joseph Gordon-Levitt was "all but confirmed" as the Holiday killer? Every time there are assumptions made about Nolan's choices, he gleefully pulls the rug from under people's feet.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
luvd1 said:
.... That's just a green blob on some decking. What you lot seeing? Is this something like those magic eye pictures?Caz I can't see anything there either.
KeyMaster45 said:
OT:I still have no idea what I'm looking it. Is that a close up of a piece of wood with a green paint drop on it? I know what the article says I'm supposed to be looking at but all I see if a close up of wood.
That's what I thought at first glance as well, but if you look closely, you'll see mountain formations from a bird's eye view. The dark lines running along the picture could be some form of window frame of a helicopter or building on higher terrains.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
hmmm, we'll see how this pans out. I'd actually he rather not put in the silly parts of the Batman mythos as they'd feel awkward in his rendition of it.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Sinclose said:
Considering how Nolan was set on 'no supernatural elements' in his Batman movies I really wonder how this will pan out.
Okey, how will they work in Bane then? His strenght is "supernatural". Or does sci-fi not count as supernatural?

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
UNLIKELY.
The way Nolan explained the Ghul immortality myth was by revealing that Ras constantly used another person to portray himself to the public. When that person died, he was replaced. And so on.
If this picture is legit, and it is the Lazarus pit, it will mostly likely play into Bruce Wayne's recovery after getting his shit wrecked by Bane.
If you're familiar with the "Knightfall" storyline (which I have to assume at least somewhat inspired "TDK Rises"), you know Batman's back is broken by Bane.
Bruce recovers in the Lazarus pit while the role of Batman is taken on by his apprentice, Jean-Paul Valley.
It'd be nice to see JGL play into this all somewhere...

LaughingJester

Nov 8, 2010
DefinitelyPsychotic said:
All I care about is if this movie will be good.
pretty much that

I was skeptical of whether anyone could beat old jack in the role of joker, and I ate my words on that one in a HUGE way.

So time will tell on this one.

OT: I would have liked to have seen credence given to the rumour that Jim Carey would return as the Riddler :(

LaughingJester

Nov 8, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
LaughingJester said:
OT: I would have liked to have seen credence given to the rumour that Jim Carey would return as the Riddler :(
Oh anything... Anything.. But no Jim Carey please. I would rather have Justin Bieber as Batman than Jim Carey anywhere near that movie.
Justin Beiber as the new boy wonder!!! o_O

Apophis47_NZ

Apr 19, 2010
I can just imagine Nolan laughing manically while reading all the speculation online about The Dark Knights Rises. If I was him, I would leak photos of a film set involving Batman fighting a giant cat on the moon.