Dark Side of the Moon Played on a NES

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
oh This is so awesome. Now they just need to do some 8-bit Hendrix, King Crimson, oooh and maybe Primus and Opeth as well. heh.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I don't mean to offend the OP here, honestly I just wonder why this is news? There's more Mario Paint, NES, Demake, Dos, Windows sound renditions of songs than there are of actual reals songs. I mean Michael Jacksons Moonwalker is probably the first official group of songs made officially by a official developer...which is official :|

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Douk said:
I was expecting that song from Mulan to play. I leave disappointed.
Damn it! I just got that song out of my head!

Well this version

<youtube=V06DISKajss>

I've been singing it at work all day.

OT: This is just perfect. If only this was made back in the days when Mobile Ringtones sounded like they where coming out of a C64.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
It amuses me that I mention this article to some chip artists, and they're like, "Yeah, I know that guy." Still, Chiptune isn't just a fun little thing for covers; people should try listening to it as a unique genre.
I have plenty of good linkage!

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Listened to the first couple of minutes of the posted video...already downloading the full album. This is great! AI already have the original loaded up on my Zune, this 8-bit version is going on there now, too. Would love to hear 8-bit covers of "Wish You Were Here" or even "The Wall"!

Great find, thanks!

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
I must find whoever is responsible for this and give them a hug. I hope this sets off a trend of making other albums into this format. Something like Moving Pictures would be interesting.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I'm sorry to say this, but as a Pink Floyd fanboy, Dark Side of the Moon being my most favorite album ever, this is nothing short of a massacre of the original. I mean it sounds like shit, and its not even that accurate of a rendition.

Now, I like the 8-bit genre of music, but it needs to leave classics the fuck alone.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Despite not being a fan of Pink Floyd, this is pretty cool. I've been diggin' chiptune stuff a lot lately.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
This is not incredible.

At all.

This has been done so many times, to so many things, it's just boring now.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Awesome. Just awesome. This ranks up there with Luther Wright and The Wrongs complete cover of The Wall called Rebuild The Wall. Oh, it's all Bluegrass, by the way.