Dark Souls for PC: Petition

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
When I first heard about this game I was shocked it wasn't for PC. I'll buy it if it comes to my computer.

Jun 7, 2010
Draech said:
If anything this thread has shown how little value the PC Elitist put down has.

How so? Are you denying the existence of idiot fanboys? 

The "PC gaming iz better than stoopid consoles we're better at appweciatin teh gayums moar" is you twisting his comment about 2 games being truly appreciated on the PC in the western market.

Ok, i suppose you have a point here. While it's true that at this point in time, PC games have a much, MUCH longer shelf life than console games, this is puerly a matter of backwards compatibility and digital downloads which consoles will be more focused on in future.

The second game is called Monster hunter, and as you might remember it has done crap in the western marked.

Certain games do better in some countries than others? Holy canoley! How is that relavent to anything? The only two games he mentioned were Age of Empires and X-com which he was talking about because of their age, not the fact that they sold shit all in the western market (because they evidently didn't).

That you are so insecure-
*gasp* h-h-how were you able to discern all that from a single post on an internet forum? Are you a wizard?

-that you want to pull out "PC elitist" whenever some1 points out the fact that a good PC has 2 times the calculating power than any of of console on the market, makes the "PC Elitist" a ridicules mark.

It was the part about "true appreciation" that made me think that, obviously they advance graphically faster than consoles by their very nature, are you trying to say that my use of the term automatically makes it a "ridicules mark"? 

TheKasp said:
I'd suggest you hear it again without your console elitist glasses on.
Oh for fu-

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
I don't really see the point other than allowing more people to play the game...
I'll disregard the rest of your post because you made the point in the first sentence. Opening a game up to a wider audience has to be the number one reason for a game to go multi-platform. If allowing more peple to play the game isn't enough then hell, why didn't they just release it as a PS3 exclusive like it's older brother?

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
weker said:
hazabaza1 said:
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
God, TB does know how to make himself a **** sometimes.
But whatever, I'll sign it. Always nice to get a great game out there a bit more.
He's a giant PC elitist like all the time, but he does have some very good points.
I agree. But seriously, what the fuck was that "I'd like to see it be on PC where it can truly be appreciated!" shit? Over 1.5 million copies sold in under a month! That's a fucking lot of copies, y'know?
He is on about truly appreciated because it's an atmospheric, hardcore CRPG, which is kinda what PC gamers go mad over. He wasn't saying oh the console games don't get it or anything, it's just this sort of game he thinks is adored by PC gamers, which I gotta agree with.
Dark souls isn't really a CRPG more of an action RPG, more to do with combat then RPG elements and I can't see how the control scheme would work on pc.
OT: Love this game, was my GOTY. WOuld love to see PC folk get the chance to play it

weker

May 27, 2009
Macrobstar said:
Dark souls isn't really a CRPG more of an action RPG, more to do with combat then RPG elements and I can't see how the control scheme would work on pc.
The term CRPG is retarded in the first place, as RPG is such a desecrated word that has basically lost it's meaning long ago. There is no reason the controls wouldn't work, even when you exclude an xbox controller being plugged in as long as you can key bind the game will be fine.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
TheKasp said:
Macrobstar said:
OT: Love this game, was my GOTY. WOuld love to see PC folk get the chance to play it
Well, it is not hard to make a good control scheme for mouse and keyboard and even easier to simply use the control scheme of the consoles if a controller is plugged in.
Oh, it would be. Dark Souls requires very precise controls. Which is why the port would actually have to have some time spent on it. With FromSoft being a small studio, I don't see them having the time to do it. Unless they or someone else just ported it and said "use a gamepad". I know that some PC players hate gamepads for some reason, so that could cause problems.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
zombieshark6666 said:
I can't believe mighty PC gamers would stoop so low as to play a port of a modern dumbed-down game that was clearly designed for consoles.
I'd like to believe you're trying to be sarcastic or funny. Calling Dark Souls dumbed-down is like calling Skyrim small.

I'm just not going to bother with the ported thing.

Jun 7, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I don't really see the point other than allowing more people to play the game, if the video had any good arguments, it ran out of them very quickly before stooping to the low of "PC gaming iz better than stoopid consoles we're better at appweciatin teh gayums moar"

Literally the one decent argument in the video is about PCs having more advanced hardware which is completely irrelevent in this day and age. Look at the footage from the game in that video, are you seriously looking at graphics like those and thinking "nope, not good enough"?

Is this Totalbiscuit guy really trying to convince people that better draw distances and anti-aliasing will let the developers "fully realize their vision for the game"?
Actually, I think that argument is very valid. (For once.)

TotalBiscuit can be a complete douchebag most of the time, I will give you that. He is certainly not doing PC gamings image any favors in these videos. But for once, "PC gaming iz better than stoopid consoles were better at appweciatin teh gayums moar" is actually a completely valid argument.

The fact of the matter is, there are more than enough gamers on PC that lust for a challenge. I would wager there are more than on consoles. This does not mean that console gamers are somehow worse or worth less (they are simply different), and it does not mean there arent "hardcore" Playstation players out there. Using hardcore for lack of a better term by the way, I hate that word.

Anyhow, take Assassin Of Kings for example. The game, in an unpatched state, was pretty fucking hard. Hard enough to bring in a storm of hatred from certain players who were not familiar with the concept of reading a manual. But you know what? By popular demand, CDProjekt patched in an even harder difficulty. I doubt you would have seen that happen had the game been released on xbox or PS3. It does prove that there are a lot of PC gamers up for a challenge, and it goes to show Dark and/or Demon Souls would be welcomed on the PC platform. It would be appreciated very much. Not TRULY appreciated, since that somehow implies there is not a single console gamer out there who likes the game, which couldnt be further from the truth, but appreciated none the less, and I am willing to bet it would find a bigger playerbase on the PC.

Look at the footage from the game in that video, are you seriously looking at graphics like those and thinking "nope, not good enough"?
No, I am thinking "Wow, the game looks pretty good. Now imagine it on a high end PC. Even better. Make the port decent and you could get rid of those nasty frame rate drops too."

Is this Totalbiscuit guy really trying to convince people that better draw distances and anti-aliasing will let the developers "fully realize their vision for the game"?
No. You just watched an entire video full of arguments, and chose to unjustly dismiss most of them. Dont let fanboyism get the better of you, its only going to make you act and look like a fool.
While i think there would be a demand for a greater challenge from console gamers (albiet, a much smaller and much less vocal one) and i still don't see how the PC port would be better than the console version in any meaningful way. Upon reflection, i think you have me convinced. Well done.

Though i don't see what it is that's brought the storm of console fanboy/elitist accusations coming at me from all directions.

Jun 7, 2010
Draech said:
Draech said:
If anything this thread has shown how little value the PC Elitist put down has.

How so? Are you denying the existence of idiot fanboys? 

The "PC gaming iz better than stoopid consoles we're better at appweciatin teh gayums moar" is you twisting his comment about 2 games being truly appreciated on the PC in the western market.

Ok, i suppose you have a point here. While it's true that at this point in time, PC games have a much, MUCH longer shelf life than console games, this is puerly a matter of backwards compatibility and digital downloads which consoles will be more focused on in future.

The second game is called Monster hunter, and as you might remember it has done crap in the western marked.

Certain games do better in some countries than others? Holy canoley! How is that relavent to anything? The only two games he mentioned were Age of Empires and X-com which he was talking about because of their age, not the fact that they sold shit all in the western market (because they evidently didn't).

That you are so insecure-
*gasp* h-h-how were you able to discern all that from a single post on an internet forum? Are you a wizard?

-that you want to pull out "PC elitist" whenever some1 points out the fact that a good PC has 2 times the calculating power than any of of console on the market, makes the "PC Elitist" a ridicules mark.

It was the part about "true appreciation" that made me think that, obviously they advance graphically faster than consoles by their very nature, are you trying to say that my use of the term automatically makes it a "ridicules mark"? 

TheKasp said:
I'd suggest you hear it again without your console elitist glasses on.
Oh for fu-
Dont split up the arguement so you can misunderstand it.

The "PC gaming iz better than stoopid consoles we're better at appweciatin teh gayums moar" is you twisting his comment about 2 games being truly appreciated on the PC in the western market. The second game is called Monster hunter, and as you might remember it has done crap in the western marked.
How the fuck did you get that so wrong and make it into an argument about shelf life?

It is an argument that the market on the PC isn't the same market as on the console, and there are titles that will do better when presented to the right marked. In other words what he said was that the games will sell well on the PC in the western market. He mentions Monster Hunter as well because (this is admittedly something he elaborated on in a previous video) Monster Hunter has done crap in the vestern market because he believes that the kind of player that plays Monster Hunter in Japan is a PC gamer in the western market (I dont expect you to know every video he makes, but I expect you to take an argument at face value and not trying to strawman it)

How can you decide to ignore everything I say when you quote it.

Fact is you went "PC elitist" for no valid reason. If I am wrong on this please point out what part of his video is Elitist.

The real problem I have with you here is that you are making the term "PC elitist" useless because you pull it out without reason.

If you are going to quote me again dont cut it up so you can get it wrong again.
If you really want to get into an argument about markets and Monster Hunter, you'd have to give me a link to the video. But from what i know, that's not a matter of PCs and Consoles, it's the simple fact that most of the western audience doesn't give a shit about Monster Hunter as opposed to the Japanese audience who love it regardless of platform. Again, you'd have to link me the video before this could argument could be settled.

I used the term "PC elitist" because i thought and still think he is one, i'm not a regular viewer of his, but i have seen some of his videos and that's just the way he seems to me. If that really gets your nipples in a twist so much, i suggest you find a new hobby to replace your unending devotion to some guy on YouTube.