Dark Souls rage/ rant thread

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Tallim said:
Panzervaughn said:
Vault101 said:
Im a noob...how do I get humanity? do I just need to grind for it?
You build humanity by killing a number of enemies in a zone where the boss is STILL ALIVE. You cant go farm lowbies for it. Resting doesnt reset your Kill-counter, but dying does.

silenticecream said:
The lag in blighttown is....unexpectedly unpleasent. Is this typical?
Everyone lags in blighttown, Try looking away from the vast parts when you can.

My rage-
I just finished Sen's Fortress for the first time.
Took two steps in, got killed by an arrow trap the first time, creeped my way across the first walkways, got killed by arrow trap in front of chest, Killed trying to outrun boulders several times, killed after discovering bouldertrap likes to reset its goddamn position after i aim it away.

I fucking SMELLED that mimic, "this chest is askew.. i expected a pressure plate here... Ima pop this open and lean hard on my shield butto.. WHAT. OW. NO NO SPIT ME OUT FFF"

And that second bonfire is hidden pretty well. had to Internet that up after getting sick of dying to that jump between towers near the Boulder-hucker, and boulder-hucker himself, onyl to find out it respawns anyway. At least now, im very very good at Sen's Fortress, as ive had to run its entirety flawlessly several times now. =D
Yeah, after that you tend to poke those each time "just in case" instant death otherwise.

yeah, i just denied one in Anor Lando his snack >=) I think theres something about how theyre chained to the ground on the side, that tells you.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
silenticecream said:
25,000 freaking souls lost after backstepping into a freaking abyss. Ahhh....feel free to share your experiences and help to ameliorate my anger. Freaking blighttown...
hilarious i did this exact same thing last night

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
fucking blight town!!!!!! it wouldnt be nearly as bad if not for the massive drop in framerate which makes it impossible to dodge the toxic darts and naked rapy guys. also the toxic water annoyed me because im sticking to elite armour which offers really shit poison resistance.

also i didnt realise that i had collected about 20 humanity (not sure how) before going into the capra demon den........i fucking hate the capra demon.....think that says enough

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Panzervaughn said:
Tallim said:
Panzervaughn said:
Vault101 said:
You build humanity by killing a number of enemies in a zone where the boss is STILL ALIVE. You cant go farm lowbies for it. Resting doesnt reset your Kill-counter, but dying does.

silenticecream said:

My rage-
Took two steps in, got killed by an arrow trap the first time, creeped my way across the first walkways, got killed by arrow trap in front of chest, Killed trying to outrun boulders several times, killed after discovering bouldertrap likes to reset its goddamn position after i aim it away.

I fucking SMELLED that mimic, "this chest is askew.. i expected a pressure plate here... Ima pop this open and lean hard on my shield butto.. WHAT. OW. NO NO SPIT ME OUT FFF"

And that second bonfire is hidden pretty well. had to Internet that up after getting sick of dying to that jump between towers near the Boulder-hucker, and boulder-hucker himself, onyl to find out it respawns anyway. At least now, im very very good at Sen's Fortress, as ive had to run its entirety flawlessly several times now. =D
Yeah, after that you tend to poke those each time "just in case" instant death otherwise.

yeah, i just denied one in Anor Lando his snack >=) I think theres something about how theyre chained to the ground on the side, that tells you.
I never noticed that lol. I just poke every one. Not that they are much fun when they get up and move anyway. Pretty certain not poking one is instant death no matter what your stats are though.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Ilikemilkshake said:
I quite often find myself shouting "FUCKING ROLL" when i get stressed out when ive stopped paying attention to my stamina and dont realise its ran out, meaning my character doesnt roll :(... i was playing it with a friend round, and he happened to find this quite hilarious.
I've had this happened even with plenty of stamina. I've also had my character wait 5 seconds or more after I told them to attack to do so. The attack delay seems worst when 1 handing a polearm (the halberd especially, but my spear and sword have been late due to my character not behaving).

There have been many many times I've commanded my character and she didn't listen. It wasn't as big of an issue with my male character, so perhaps it is just simulating reality in that regard (joking, don't kill me).

Whatever you do, kill that damn yellow armored fellow in Firelink shrine. You will be much happier than if you let him out and leave him be.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
demoman_chaos said:
Whatever you do, kill that damn yellow armored fellow in Firelink shrine. You will be much happier than if you let him out and leave him be.
I'd say leave him alive.
He kills the firekeeper at Firelink, but there are others you can use to upgrade your flasks. Also, if he kills her, you get to have an epic battle with him later to reclaim her soul, which you can then use to revive her.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Tallim said:
Panzervaughn said:
Tallim said:
Panzervaughn said:
Vault101 said:

silenticecream said:

My rage-

I never noticed that lol. I just poke every one. Not that they are much fun when they get up and move anyway. Pretty certain not poking one is instant death no matter what your stats are though.
Not an instant kill. It just takes a ridiculous amount of health away. I survived one with 38 VIT.

Sir-Kamina

Nov 9, 2011
Rhea Rushed At Me In The Tomb Of The Giants After Killing Her Two Hollow Bodyguards And Got Caught In The Chaos Fireball And Died -.-
Had To Wait Till NG+ To Get Some Of The Good Miracles

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Ive finished the game like 4 times and i got pretty good at it. I love exploring new playstyles.

Right now i have a character with a massive divine hammer and the sunlight spear miracle.

And i have only gone through blighttown once. I hate that place, so i always skip it. There are ways to skip it. It involves either a lot of running and luck, or a master key.

If you're planning on being a ninja, or Simon Belmont, though, i recommend you go through blighttown. There's some good loot there.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Burst6 said:
Ive finished the game like 4 times and i got pretty good at it. I love exploring new playstyles.

Right now i have a character with a massive divine hammer and the sunlight spear miracle.

And i have only gone through blighttown once. I hate that place, so i always skip it. There are ways to skip it. It involves either a lot of running and luck, or a master key.

If you're planning on being a ninja, or Simon Belmont, though, i recommend you go through blighttown. There's some good loot there.
All the armor i got in Blighttown, i immediately replaced with the gold-hemmed stuff from beneath the church there... Reaper > Ninja
It also replaced my Heavy Armor, Im not even sure i miss the Poise. =P

MrLumber

Jan 13, 2009
godofallu said:
snip

The black eye orb allows you to PvP against the NPC, which means you must have humanity and you must be in the relative area that the NPC is in. Which would be Anor Londo. Just like normal PvP.
You actually don't need to be human in order to invade Lautrec, this is because it works mechanically (or at least thematically) like the Blue Eye Orb, which you also don't need to be human to use.

OT: I've lost 100k (I only level for pvp purposes, so NG+) to Smough and Ornstein. Something about Anor Londo and their super tracking hyper armoring dastardly silver knights really takes it out of me. This is because my usual style is two handing the entire game, and they are virtually guaranteed to deal damage to you if you don't have a shield.

On a side note, I'm bummed that they made lightning/fire weapons so much better than scaling weapons, it really reduces the amount of builds you see online. I always feel like a boss when I trounce some guy using a lightning katana while using my occult claw :p

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Well I am a bit pissed right now because I have been working on a faith build only to find that the major Miracle teacher, Reah of Tholund, is only unlocked by saving her in the tomb of giants. Seriously why are all the good miracles so hard to get to?

On top of that my main, the only other character I feel like playing, is a pyromancer and his only good weapon is the Fury Sword and that is fire based. The problem is I have to kill ceaseless discharge. I went up to it and threw a fire ball at it, THERE WAS NO REACTION. Well f#$% that. I used a homeward bone and left.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
FUCK YOU, DARK SOULS! Not as much as Demons Souls but fuck you pretty much either way! Fuck you on a socially acceptable level!

Ok, I'm good now. Cool game, btw.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Rabid Toilet said:
demoman_chaos said:
I'd say leave him alive.
He kills the firekeeper at Firelink, but there are others you can use to upgrade your flasks. Also, if he kills her, you get to have an epic battle with him later to reclaim her soul, which you can then use to revive her.
An epic battle that is neigh impossible on NG+. Getting swarmed by 3 dudes that kill you in a few hits and not being allowed to use Estus Flasks is quite irritating. If you could lure them out via arrow fire and 1v1 them there would be no issues but you cannot sadly. I had to unleash the Dragonslayer Bow to take dey arses out.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Panzervaughn said:
Burst6 said:

All the armor i got in Blighttown, i immediately replaced with the gold-hemmed stuff from beneath the church there... Reaper > Ninja
Careful. They're making gold-hemmed a lot weaker next patch. You can't upgrade it either, so in about a week or two Ninja >>>>>>> Reaper

Can't wait for the patch personally. It's making my favorite weapon (Grant) actually useful.

They did some stupid things with the scaling for some reason. Like making a weapon that has a requirement of 50 strength and 30 faith, and making it scale primarily with dexterity.

Dansen said:
Well I am a bit pissed right now because I have been working on a faith build only to find that the major Miracle teacher, Reah of Tholund, is only unlocked by saving her in the tomb of giants. Seriously why are all the good miracles so hard to get to?

On top of that my main, the only other character I feel like playing, is a pyromancer and his only good weapon is the Fury Sword and that is fire based. The problem is I have to kill ceaseless discharge. I went up to it and threw a fire ball at it, THERE WAS NO REACTION. Well f#$% that. I used a homeward bone and left.
That guy is easy

you dont even really have to fight him. Just grab the gold-hemmed set and run back to the fog gate. All you need to do is survive. When you get to the fog gate he do something that lets you kill him really easily

Odoylerules360

We're all just folk now...
Aug 29, 2008
Attacked Golden Armored prisoner in undead castle.
Followed me back to campfire.
Spawn-camped me.
Level 30 character rendered unplayable because I can't reload a previous save.
Returned game to GameStop.
Got 30$ off on Skyrim pre-order.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Burst6 said:
Panzervaughn said:
Burst6 said:

Careful. They're making gold-hemmed a lot weaker next patch. You can't upgrade it either, so in about a week or two Ninja >>>>>>> Reaper

Can't wait for the patch personally. It's making my favorite weapon (Grant) actually useful.

They did some stupid things with the scaling for some reason. Like making a weapon that has a requirement of 50 strength and 30 faith, and making it scale primarily with dexterity.

Dansen said:

That guy is easy

you dont even really have to fight him. Just grab the gold-hemmed set and run back to the fog gate. All you need to do is survive. When you get to the fog gate he do something that lets you kill him really easily
I don't really feel like doing that glitch, but I might end up doing it.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
As part of the forest hunter covenant I got summoned to fight the same guy twice and both times he just chaos fireballed me so I thought fuck the trees I'm going path of the Dragon.