Darth Maul to be resurrected in Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
TimeLord said:
Ah, but! In the expanded universe, Maul was found alive post-1 and given a robotic lower half and attacked Obi-Wan when he was living on Tatooine post-3, pre-4.
So next we'll have "we found three braincells that have yet to been broken down! Now all we need is to make a robotic everything and he'll be as good as new!"?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
That still isn't the worst thing that has happened. No, the worst thing to happen was the fucking Mortis Trilogy.

Qui-Gon's ghost shows up in the middle of the clone wars. A Sith who is considered the greatest threat to the galaxy (stronger than fucking Sidious!?) shows Anakin the future where he kills Padme and becomes Darth Vader.

What happens? Well, they kill the uber powerful destroyer of the galaxy sith lord by stabbing him with a knife, and then they have their memories erased.

Yeah, they just pulled a fucking "Pokemon: The First Movie" on everyone. Goddammit.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Woodsey said:
He's already appeared again at least a couple of times in the expanded universe.

I don't think Lucas even writes for The Clone Wars anyway, and since Maul's already been back there's no particular reason for him to object.
Apparently, "all" episode ideas now come from George Lucas after season 2 began. He pretty much decided to take over the story department.
Do you have a source? I can't really imagine one person has come up with 66 episode ideas. The wiki says he's heavily involved, but he seems to want to give them a lot of creative freedom, so I wouldn't be surprised if he vetted it himself.

He's involved like this on most stuff to do with major characters, I believe.

Besides, this is a show aimed primarily at 12-year-olds, they may try and fit it into canon for the most part, but it doesn't really matter in this regard.

Feb 13, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
I think the idea is it flows through the organic parts. That's why Vader never became as powerful as he should have been, because he's mostly in-organic.
As is Luke's bionic arm. Though Obi Wan/Yoda says it flows through everything.
Also when did R2 channel the force?
Point of contention: R2 is CLAIMED to be Force Sensitive. He's meant to have used the Force to survive being shot on the Death Star (Ep 4) and to flick the lightsaber to Luke over the Sarlaac's Pit.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
TimeLord said:
Lucas is senile.
Ah, but! In the expanded universe, Maul was found alive post-1 and given a robotic lower half and attacked Obi-Wan when he was living on Tatooine post-3, pre-4.
Apart from the Force cannot flow through robots.

Apart from R2.

And Luke's arm.

And Vader.

And from what Obi Wan said.

And if Maul can come back, why can't Qui Gon Jinn? In fact...

Yep, senile.
Forgive my denseness but when does it say that the force can't flow through robots. Given the evidence that you just stated that it was otherwise?

Also, I've wanted Qui Gon back ever since I saw ep 1. Damn you Liam Neeson, why must you be so awesome?!

G-M0N3Y

Jul 8, 2010
I doubt many people know this but there is actually a graphic novel of non-canonical star wars stories that has Maul coming back to life as an early prototype for General Grievous and then seeking revenge on Obi Wan. His horns are grown out out and he has a robotic lower half but he still doesn't talk much.

The book is called Visionaries and it includes many other stories as well as the one above.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yeah because Darth Vader is so much realistic and believable since his wounds are obviously survivable.

I think the real question here is why the fuck you care. Obviously you hate the new stuff and don't watch it, and if you do then there's your problem right there, your obsessed. If you don't watch it then why should you care?

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Stick your fingers in your ears, make the "lalala" noise and remind yourself that there are only 3 Star Wars films. Problem solved.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Lucas is senile.
You can hardly blame Lucas for this one, it's not like he went and retconned Ep 1 so that Maul DIDN'T get cut in half or something. Reviving characters is a totally normal thing as far as the type of media targeted at nerds. Plus Darth Maul, like Boba Fett, is one of those "fan favorite" characters that everyone just loves so much because of how "badass" he was and clamored for more of, so if it's anyone's fault it's the fans' fault for wanting it so much.

TimeLord said:
Except I believe that story is not considered canon.

Anyway it's not even clear from that video how he's going to be revived. It may not even be a physical revival, but more like an evil force ghost. There's certainly enough fog in that teaser to hint at something like that.

ronnom 666

Oct 9, 2010
You know what's going to be done?
Its called clone wars, so he will have a eviller clone of sorts. That is how Lucas arts rolls.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Kadoodle said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.
I would be seconding this emotion.

Obi-wan kicked his ass, in the only part of Episode 1 I enjoyed (excluding Liam Neeson, a.k.a. Quigon Jin being killed), and he was chopped in half.

Theoretically, as stupid as it is. If he survived the fall to where ever that pit went to, the top half of his body would've been cortorised, so he wouldn't have blend to death, but even still...

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Lucas is senile.
Hahahahahahahahaha that was really funny!!

Now the real question should be: when will they stop doing crappy games and Finish the production of STARWARS BATTLEFRONT III GodDammit !

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I am hopeful that it will just be a con artist like in the Star Wars books: "Specter of the Past" and "Vision of the Future" where a con artist pretends to be Grand Admiral Thrawn. They can't really think that we're that stupid can they?