Dating and Strength Differences

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Women, have you ever dated a guy who was weaker than you or just clearly less physically fit? How was the experience? Did you participate in BDSM? Did he not seem comfortable that you were more physically active or genetically stronger? Did he get turned on?

Men, vice versa. All the same questions, just reversed. Men tend to be uncomfortable when their partners are stronger.

This is mostly out of curiosity. I think I may have submissive tendencies/leaning I guess.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I would have zero problem with it if it happened (foreveralone.gif).

It would not be very unlikely as I am 210 and I strength train three times a week but if I met a gal whom I was attracted to and she could bench more, I would not care. The key word there though is attracted to, which would be unlikely as she'd likely have to look like China or of similar gross-muscley build for her to out lift me...(Note: that's nothing against ladies as I think the Arnold Schwarzenegger muscley build is equally gross on guys).

EDIT:
Damn it! The perfect joke and I think of it hours later...well I'm editing it in and no one will ever know unless I revealed it previously. Take THAT!

Now that I think about it though, a lady way stronger than you isn't all bad....right Zap?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Do I have problem with strong women?

Of course I have 0 experience with dating women but if I got the chance to date someone who could carry me around like a bag of sugar I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all. BDSM might be off the table though.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Dalek Caan said:

Of course I have 0 experience with dating women but if I got the chance to date someone who could carry me around like a bag of sugar I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all. BDSM might be off the table though.
Its usually on the table with the handcuffs

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I once dated a fat woman, who had more muscular strength but inferior stamina. Was fine.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
jamail77 said:
Women, have you ever dated a guy who was weaker than you or just clearly less physically fit? How was the experience? Did you participate in BDSM? Did he not seem comfortable that you were more physically active or genetically stronger? Did he get turned on?

Men, vice versa. All the same questions, just reversed. Men tend to be uncomfortable when their partners are stronger.

This is mostly out of curiosity. I think I may have submissive tendencies/leaning I guess.
It's never really bothered me. I consider myself roughly average in strength, if with a bit extra padding overall, so if a girl that actually hits the gym is stronger than me, I can't really be bothered about it. Never tried BDSM in that case, but I will say that fitness and strength in both partners are very helpful for that in general. It makes the whole thing a bit safer, and certain types of bonds and holds are more comfortable if you don't have any of the chub getting in the way or being pinched.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
As long as she isn't taller than me and isn't muscular i wouldn't mind. I'm 6 foot 2 and the few women i met that were taller than me scare the shit out of me. And i don't find muscular women attractive, like at all.

That being said i hate all physical work so if a woman was stronger than me , i would definitely take advantage of the fact she could do all the heavy lifting.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
I would have zero problem with it if it happened (foreveralone.gif).

[snip] I think the Arnold Schwarzenegger muscley build is equally gross on guys).
That's because it is. They tend to die young from steroid overuse. There's a Simpsons episode about it.

Dalek Caan said:

Well, I wouldn't mind; it just depends on what kind. Maybe foot worship/fetish. Facesitting just sounds gross. Strap-on? Ehhhhhhhh? Probably not. Also, gross, you know?

albino boo said:
Dalek Caan said:

[snip] BDSM might be off the table though.
Its usually on the table with the handcuffs
OK. That made me LMAO.

EvilRoy said:
snip

It's never really bothered me. I consider myself roughly average in strength, if with a bit extra padding overall, so if a girl that actually hits the gym is stronger than me, I can't really be bothered about it. Never tried BDSM in that case, but I will say that fitness and strength in both partners are very helpful for that in general. It makes the whole thing a bit safer, and certain types of bonds and holds are more comfortable if you don't have any of the chub getting in the way or being pinched.
There's a really dangerous hogtie that is used by both the mafia and BDSM couples that involves tying the ankles to the neck. What makes it dangerous is if your legs get tired and you don't have endurance/stamina and can't control is you can actually strangle yourself. Hence, why it was used by the mafia for torture reasons.

Lufia Erim said:
As long as she isn't taller than me and isn't muscular i wouldn't mind. I'm 6 foot 2 and the few women i met that were taller than me scare the shit out of me. And i don't find muscular women attractive, like at all.

That being said i hate all physical work so if a woman was stronger than me , i would definitely take advantage of the fact she could do all the heavy lifting.
Yeah, overly muscular women look as nasty as overly muscular men. Like, Olympians with six packs is kind of attractive I guess. Probably evolutionarily because they'd have fit kids genetically.

I know I've heard stories about guys losing their physical strength as they age and that would reinvigorate the sex life. I'm surprised I have yet to see a woman respond. Then again, women tend to be more submissive.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
This might make me sound really sexist, but as a male, I personally feel like I need to be in charge physically. Maybe its just that I was raised by old fashioned parents who taught me that I needed to be "the prince" and find "the vulnerable princess", but yeah thats just me.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'd struggle to find a human being weaker than me, regardless of gender. So I guess I wouldn't care.
With that said I'm not attracted to super muscled lift-a-car-with-3-fingers women.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
I am significantly more fit than my wife, who has a very delicate/petite frame and has never really developed muscles, though she has recently started working on it. I have never had any real feelings on it one way or the other, besides occasionally encouraging her to develop a bit more strength/stamina just in case of zombie apocalypse.

I have dated a woman who as as in shape as I was, back at a time when I really was in excellent shape. She was a ballet dancer and worked out regularly via that and pilates. The lower half of her body was extremely strong and muscular, though mostly lean, long muscles. Had no real feelings about it either way.

I don't think I'd ever feel bothered or intimidated about dating a woman who was stronger than me in general, though finding a woman who was might be a bit difficult. I'm built like a blacksmith. My wife likes to remind me that if fantasy races were real, I'd be a dwarf.

I will admit to being a bit put off by a women who are significantly taller than I am (I'm 5'8", so a bit short). It's not a superiority/inferiority thing more than it's a "just feels a bit awkward" thing.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
I don't particularly care if she is stronger then me, though I'm not gonna lie, I'm really turned off if a girl is somewhat muscular looking, I just can't bring myself to find that attractive at all. Not sure why you bring the BDSM into this, but yeah that is a massive no for me, I'm not into any of that more kinky stuff, I like it all nice and standard and boring thank you very much.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
jamail77 said:
There's a really dangerous hogtie that is used by both the mafia and BDSM couples that involves tying the ankles to the neck. What makes it dangerous is if your legs get tired and you don't have endurance/stamina and can't control is you can actually strangle yourself. Hence, why it was used by the mafia for torture reasons.
Hopefully that one is being used with a spotter, but yeah there are plenty of stamina bonds although this is the first I've heard that actually really endangers a persons life. Most just end with rope burns or dents and marks in the skin if you fall that I know of. Makes you wonder who popped the first stiffy after the mafia tied them up though. And what the guy did about it.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
1,44m 38 kilo (that's about four foot nine, 84 pounds for the colonial escapists with their heathen communist imperial system) tiny girl here. Although I'm very active physically and consider myself very fit (ran a marathon once. Came in with the last third, but screw it, finished it!) I'd be HARD pressed to find anyone who couldn't physically overpower me.

Now the unpopular bit:
I wouldn't date a below average strength guy, even if he was stronger than me (not exactly difficult I suppose.) I like the strong, muscular, slightly aggressive specimen. Sue me. That doesn't mean that guys that aren't in top shape or look like chiseled greek heroes of old are somehow worse people. They just aren't to my taste.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I don't care if a girl was stronger than me, though I do find massively built bodies to be unattractive. Athletic looking is fine by me (and healthy anyway), but female Schwarzenegger types are completely not attractive to me. I'm not really bothered by whose tougher in the relationship, I don't worry about being in some sort of masculine ideal where I'm the stronger one in the relationship. The real attraction for me is whether I like them as a person or not. That being said I do have a particular type of appearance I find attractive and wouldn't actively pursue women that don't look like that.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
>Being captured by a tall and beautiful barbarian queen who violently makes love to you on a wolf pelt

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Cold Shiny said:
This might make me sound really sexist, but as a male, I personally feel like I need to be in charge physically. Maybe its just that I was raised by old fashioned parents who taught me that I needed to be "the prince" and find "the vulnerable princess", but yeah thats just me.
That's perfectly fine.

Michel Henzel said:
I don't particularly care if she is stronger then me, though I'm not gonna lie, I'm really turned off if a girl is somewhat muscular looking, I just can't bring myself to find that attractive at all. Not sure why you bring the BDSM into this, but yeah that is a massive no for me, I'm not into any of that more kinky stuff, I like it all nice and standard and boring thank you very much.
Well, I brought it up for the whole submissive theory thing about myself. I don't know: I've never had sex man.

Kathinka said:
1,44m 38 kilo (that's about four foot nine, 84 pounds for the colonial escapists with their heathen communist imperial system) tiny girl here. Although I'm very active physically and consider myself very fit (ran a marathon once. Came in with the last third, but screw it, finished it!) I'd be HARD pressed to find anyone who couldn't physically overpower me.

Now the unpopular bit:
I wouldn't date a below average strength guy, even if he was stronger than me (not exactly difficult I suppose.) I like the strong, muscular, slightly aggressive specimen. Sue me. That doesn't mean that guys that aren't in top shape or look like chiseled greek heroes of old are somehow worse people. They just aren't to my taste.
This is also fine. Sex is complicated stuff.

DeanCain said:
I would love to date a stronger woman. BUT I'm into BDSM as a bottom, so that would make sense. It would be interesting to have someone actually overpower me rather than just play-act.

...great, now I'm horny.
LOL, I know what you mean. It fascinates me in terms of evolution and as a species. Cases like this interest me too:

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Kathinka said:

Now the unpopular bit:
The thing about attraction is, frankly, that most people don't *choose* who they are attracted to. I am attracted physically, chemically, without brain input, to certain "types."

My wife spots them, all the time. "Oh, she's totally your type"... and she's almost always right. I don't choose to be, it just happens.

And there's nothing wrong with that, whether you're straight, gay, bi, or prefer skinny, heavy, or whatever.

So, if your answer is unpopular, it's because people are in denial of human nature. You're entirely in the right to pursue what you like in regards to men.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
jamail77 said:
Alarien said:
It should be fine. If I want to exclusively date left handed Vietnamese ALS patients weighting exactly 102,4 pounds, that's my choice allone.

However, if I had a nickel for every time I have been called shallow, sexist, racist, transphobic, entitled and / or cis-normative scum (and even been physically assaulted, like pushed, that kind of stuff)for my choice, I could probably...well, eat at a fairly expensive restaurant at least.