David Cage and Quantic Dream Return to E3 with Detroit: Become Human

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
David Cage and Quantic Dream Return to E3 with Detroit: Become Human

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1329/1329857.jpgHead to a near-future Detroit filled with androids in Quantic Dreams Detroit: Become Human.

Way back in 2012, David Cage was showing off a new engine using a short film about an android named Kara [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116225-]. This week at E3, we got to see where that short film led: to the new Quantic Dream game Detroit: Become Human. First announced during Paris Games Week last year and set in a near-future Detroit where androids have replaced humans in many professions, the game centers around a mysterious event that affects the androids in a variety of ways.

The E3 trailer focuses on an android named Connor. He's an advanced version of android designed to help the police investigate cases that involve deviant androids. Connor appears on the scene of a hostage situation where a deviant android i threatening to jump off a rooftop holding a little girl. Whether or not the girl survives is up to you. Your choices and decisions will shape the outcome of the situations you encounter.

Every decision will have consequences, either in the immediate situation or later in the game. Every character in the game can die, and the story will continue without them.

There's no release date for Detroit: Become Human yet, and obviously, it's a PS4 exclusive.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Good concept, but I'm wary that it'll actually be executed properly. As this is Quantic Dream, I'm predicting the story is an incoherent mess, and tries to hide this fact by being hella pretentious.

P.S. Thanks

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
With that many polygons, this is sure to be the video game with the most emoshuns ever made, in all time, ever.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
The Real Sandman said:
With that many polygons, this is sure to be the video game with the most emoshuns ever made, in all time, ever.
With soo many polygons it will be the most human game ever, for polygons equal emotions and emotions means peoples.

meirol

Feb 14, 2012
Silentpony said:
The Real Sandman said:
With soo many polygons it will be the most human game ever, for polygons equal emotions and emotions means peoples.
The Character you see here has no emoshuns, but with the power of polygons you can truly see the emotions and therefore the personality in his emotionless emotions

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Covarr said:
Good concept, but I'm wary that it'll actually be executed properly. As this is Quantic Dream, I'm predicting the story is an incoherent mess, and tries to hide this fact by being hella pretentious.

P.S. Thanks
Quantic Dream? Pretentious? Say it isn't so!

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
I think people give david cage more shit than he deserves. He says a bunch of stupid stuff and his design philosophy is ultimately flawed in my opinion but i respect that he is
1) Honest if pretentius

2)Passionate if mad

His games aren't good by any stretch of the word but i can't help but feel that it's strange how much hate he attracts while all the big companies often get off relatively easy by comparison. He is just a madman in his own little bubble that doesn't really affect the bigger picture of gaming in any meaningful way

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Fuck
Yes

I cannot wait for the Super Best Friends Play Detroit: Become Human. It's gonna blow so good!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Wow, another "original" idea by the "genius" David Cage. Why do I have a feeling this will be a rip-off of every movie/book/game about dangers of AI with pretentiousness dialed to 11? Why doesn't he just quit at this point? Small studios like Telltale and Dontnod make better games (and episodic ones at that) than anything this man has ever made. And guess what? They had plenty of "emooshons" despite the sub-par graphics.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Metalix Knightmare said:
I just hope Cage doesn't go full Tatsuya Ishida with this subject.
It will either be that, or he goes on another stage bender about theese 'emoshun' things.

Could go either way, could go both ways.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I can't wait for this, not to play it, but to watch the Zaibatsu tear it apart. To hear Pat's giggling laughter when something retarded happens, for Matt to exclaim "WHAT?!" at all the ridiculousness, for Woolie to fuck up and create the best moment of the playthrough by speaking without thinking. Not so much the apologetics from Liam, but 3 outta 4 ain't bad. And normally I like that kid.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
CyanCat47 said:
I think people give david cage more shit than he deserves. He says a bunch of stupid stuff and his design philosophy is ultimately flawed in my opinion but i respect that he is
1) Honest if pretentius

2)Passionate if mad

His games aren't good by any stretch of the word but i can't help but feel that it's strange how much hate he attracts while all the big companies often get off relatively easy by comparison. He is just a madman in his own little bubble that doesn't really affect the bigger picture of gaming in any meaningful way
I feel this sentiment. Not sure why either. Either way, I am excited for the possiblities for this game. I like Telltale games and I liked Heavy Rain. I think David just needs a concept to work with and paranormal ghost powers wasn't it

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Wrex Brogan said:
...why is it always Detroit that's doing the whole 'cyborg' thing?
Only Detroit knows, and it ain't trustin' no slackjaw human protein mound to responsibly retain such classified intelligence!
Anyway...who? Is David Cage something I missed out on as a gamer of videos? This looks pretty, but so does every tarted fart we're asked to pre-whiff.