David Jaffe Promises Twisted Metal Has a Happy Ending - UPDATED

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
ThePS1Fan said:
mjc0961 said:
David Jaffe promises a very happy ending on Valentine's Day for everyone who buys the PS3 version of Twisted Metal.
As opposed to the 360 version? The PC version? The Wii version?
Twisted Metal's Sony exclusive, always has been.
I am pretty sure that's the joke since he said you buy the PS3 version as in there's going to be a different one out as well.
Sony could make a Vita version. Sounds like a good idea to me, Twisted Metal: Head On on the PSP was one of my favourites.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm so glad this article didn't go the Kotaku route of getting offended by it and then saying what he meant was girls can't win at games and that the best way to get a blowjob is to trick girls.

That was more eejitlike than what Jaffe said.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
His follow up statement was possibly more misogynistic than what he actually said in the first place. Pussy whipped?

It's not really effective backpedaling if you backpedal into lava...

DazZ. said:
girls can't win at games
That's kind of part of what he said...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
" for everyone who buys the PS3 version of Twisted Metal."

I had no idea there was any other version.

Whodat

Jul 14, 2009
If he's trying to not seem like an asshole he's doing a pretty poor job... 'pussy whipped PC gamers'? How can he be so certain that all the complaints are from PC gamers...? Sounds naive if you ask me, or just super-trolling (but I don't care because he's some console developing douchebag, herp-a-derp).

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
His follow up statement was possibly more misogynistic than what he actually said in the first place. Pussy whipped?
That's not misogynistic, it's sexist.
There's a difference.
Examples:
"Women can't win at games" - Sexist.
"Women shouldn't be allowed to play games" - Misogynistic.

The distinction may be slight, but it's important.
To call simple sexism 'misogyny' detracts from the weight of the actual meaning of the word 'misogyny'.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Whodat said:
If he's trying to not seem like an asshole he's doing a pretty poor job... 'pussy whipped PC gamers'? How can he be so certain that all the complaints are from PC gamers...? Sounds naive if you ask me, or just super-trolling (but I don't care because he's some console developing douchebag, herp-a-derp).
He didn't say anything about PC Gamers. PC = Politically Correct in this sense.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Was I the only one thinking this was actually about in-game happy endings...(as in not getting screwed over by Colypso)

gentlemanghost said:
Soooo, $60 for a BJ? It's probably cheaper to get a hooker for that
You're only gonna play split-screen with her once?

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
Oh thank god. I clicked on the link thinking it meant that the game's character endings would be happy. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and every Twisted Metal ending is depressing as all holy hell.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
All the bitching on here is hilarious. Christ, it's a joke, get over it. No one would have batted an eyelid if it were a woman saying something equivalent about men.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
aeric90 said:
Oh thank god. I clicked on the link thinking it meant that the game's character endings would be happy. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and every Twisted Metal ending is depressing as all holy hell.
Well I think Grass Hopper in TM2 (or maybe TM(1)... Grass Hopper's 1st appearance.) She was a secret agent assigned to get close to Colypso so she could eliminate him. Pretty sure she survives afterwards same thing with Darkside driven by Mr. Ash & Twisted Metal Black had a mostly Dark endings if not depressing ones for the player's character.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Denamic said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
That's not misogynistic, it's sexist.
There's a difference.
Examples:
"Women can't win at games" - Sexist.
"Women shouldn't be allowed to play games" - Misogynistic.

The distinction may be slight, but it's important.
To call simple sexism 'misogyny' detracts from the weight of the actual meaning of the word 'misogyny'.
He doesn't really give the impression he likes women that much to be fair...

Whodat

Jul 14, 2009
Micalas said:
Whodat said:
He didn't say anything about PC Gamers. PC = Politically Correct in this sense.
Ah, that makes more sense but he still doesn't have to be an asshole about it. Sorry if my original comment came out as brash.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
It's a joke it sounds like the kind of poor taste joke one would casually make to their closest friends.
Yeah, idiotic idea to say to the press. But jeez it's obviously a joke. What would people like from the guy beyond a written apology?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
This is why I love David Jaffe
Only a guy like this could come up with Kratos and Sweet Tooth.