Dawn of Justice May Have Four Additional Villains

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Dawn of Justice May Have Four Additional Villains

Man of Steel's sequel looks like it's going all-out with its superhero and supervillain casting departments.

Dawn of Justice, the Man of Steel sequel dead-set <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135396-Report-Jason-Momoa-is-Aquaman-Will-Appear-in-Dawn-of-Justice>on introducing the entire Justice League in advance, may be balancing things out with additional villains. We already knew that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131876-Jesse-Eisenberg-Cast-as-Lex-Luthor-Jeremy-Irons-as-Alfred-in-Man-of-Steel-Sequel>Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor would be the main baddie, but according to Latino Review another four are expected for secondary roles: Victor Zsasz, David Cain, Morgan Edge, and Amanda Waller.

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Zsasz>Victor Zsasz is most recognizable today from the Batman: Arkham videogames. A serial killer who carves a mark into his body for every victim, and he has a lot of marks, Zsasz would make a great villain for Ben Affleck's Batman to face early on. <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cain_%28comics%29>David Cain is a lesser-known Batman villain, an assassin hired by Lex Luthor to kill Bruce Wayne, making him a great choice for a crossover film.

Switching to Superman villains, <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Edge>Morgan Edge is a media mogul and competitor of the Daily Planet. That may sound tame for a Superman flick, but Edge also secretly runs the criminal organization Intergang, which has ties to Apokolips and Darkseid himself. <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Waller>Amanda Waller, who fans of Justice League Unlimited should be familiar with, is a government agent responsible for policing metahuman affairs; imagine a female Nick Fury who doesn't trust the Avengers.

To be clear, this information is still technically in the rumor stage, although it seems to be credible. To me, the most telling detail is that none of these characters are costumed supervillains, and would fit perfectly in a story where ordinary humans oppose superpowered beings. If true, Superman and Batman would need to prove their worth to the world, creating a logical chain of events from Man of Steel to Justice League. That said, we'll need to wait for official confirmation from Comic Con before we say for sure.

But if it is true? And Morgan Edge is the leader of Intergang? There's a very good chance that Darkseid will be Justice League's main villain, and I have no problem with that.

Source: <a href=http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-meet-three-other-bad-guys-that-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice>Latino Review, via <a href=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=102987>Comic Book Movie

nightmare_gorilla

Jan 22, 2008
can I state for the record zsasz is kinda in the same category as rat catcher and calendar man. he's a jobber, someone bats usually takes out in the opening to prove he's "the batman" and all that. the arkham games may have tried to make him better but seriously? he's you're run of the mill psycho, I don't know if amygdala is still around in the comics or abattoir either but they are much more interesting choices. abattoir was a delusional psycho who thought his family was the root of all evil so he set out to kill everyone and extinguish the bloodline. maybe not so great for a crossover movie but honestly he's a perfect villain for a batman movie and there's no pressure to re-use him he's great for the movie "1 and done" version of villains. amygdala had something wrong with his brain that enlarged the amygdala portion and basically just made him into a big rage monster. the arkham equivalent of a junkie done up on pcp. i'm shocked black mask and hush have never made it into films they are huge in the comics hell hush is one of batman's best story arcs ever.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
their gonna put Amanda Waller in there? After DC cancelled the glorious series that was Suicide Squad in which she was one of the lead characters?

This is King Shark, he should be in a movie somewhere

She's actually be around for a while and has always been an interesting character. She has good intentions she just... Lawful Neutral/good.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So theyre going through with this the same way that Sony did with Spidey. Bringing in all the big names now with the expectation that they will make them relevant later.

It is actually kind of depressing to see that theyre looking at Marvels success, and then attempt to rush what Marvel spent 6 years and 5 movies biulding up to.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Pyrian said:
Take a cue from Marvel, guys. Give them each their own movie, then bring them together.
They won't do that. They'd rather have all the money now.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Really DC? I know you guys are trying to cash in on Marvel's success but I don't think this is the way to do it. Everything I hear about this movie is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
From the description of these villians it seems like it would make sense, 1 easily disposable guy playing henchmen, 1 hired gun working for Luthor and two people ho could easily be used as minor characters like J.J Jameson in Spiderman or something. It's easy to be sceptical, but it really doesn't sound like a bigger cast of badguys than any standard 80s action movie (Now that Luthor is obviously going to be the main villian). No one complained about all the bad guys in Die Hard, 1 main villian and a bunch of memorable henchmen of varying importance :p.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
ace_of_something said:
their gonna put Amanda Waller in there? After DC cancelled the glorious series that was Suicide Squad in which she was one of the lead characters?

She's actually be around for a while and has always been an interesting character. She has good intentions she just... Lawful Neutral/good.

I'm sorry, but I keep seeing King Shark in the early nineties version, you know:

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
ace_of_something said:

Never fear a new suicide squad starts in July.

Also does this mean we could get Cassandra Cain a Batgirl in an actual film!

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
Got no issue with it, they are just a recognizable name that's all. Doesn't mean they will have an important role.

Still can't get over Jesse Einsenberg though, I am never going to accept his as Lex Luthor.
Ben Affleck? Fine by me, I like the guy, Gal Godot? Don't know her, looks skinny but get her pump some weights I'm sure she'll be fine. Jesse Einsenberg? Not a chance.

You can't use the Micheal Keaton/Heath Ledger defense with this guy, no matter how well he does in this role, no matter how good of a vision Zack Snyder has for his version of Lex I will spend every scene with Lex with the nagging thought in the back of my head saying it would have been better with Bryan Cranston.

softclocks

Mar 7, 2014
Terribly dull choice of villains.

Hope they add someone else or this is going to be a snooze-fest.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Darkseid as the Big Bad huh? You know what mistake Marvel didn't do? Using their biggest bad right off the bat. Where do you go from there? Only down. And considering the choices thus far for the movie, that is a short step with a long drop.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
This movie is in danger, well more danger, of collapsing on itself in a huge mess. Too many people if this all comes true.
That being said, Amanda Waller better be Amanda Waller: big black lady who does not take attitude from anyone, even The Man of Steel. Changing her character's appearance in the New 52 was a serious slap in the face to every non-supermodel female fan of comics everywhere.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
They're gonna make the Wall skinny again, aren't they.

Yvette Nicole-Brown would have been perfect!

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
At this point in order to avoid it becoming a total mess they need to peter jackson this movie into 3 movies.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I love the Wall, she isn't a villain, she's an anti hero at worst. If she is not played by a forceful large middle aged black woman this film will fail in its ambition.

At the very least the role should go to CCH Pounder. I can't wait to see her face down the Bat. Hope they include the "Rich Boy" taunt.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I know all this is rumor, but you'd think WB/DC would squash some of these. Cause all of this casting hoopla is getting irritating to sift through. For all we know, the movie might as well be DC Universe: The Movie.