DC Says One Of Its"Iconic" Heroes Is Gay

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I hope that it isn't Martian Manhunter because apart from one time in JLU the guy never seems to date so it would be a waste.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Freechoice said:
Frontastic said:
Didn't Grant Morrison recently say he thinks Batman is probably gay? And if you look at him as a character it makes a lot of sense. Batman being gay really wouldn't bug me, sexuality is really not a big deal. People need to understand that pulling stuff like this doesn't help make sexuality less of a big deal, it makes it a bigger deal.

If it is Bats I just hope they don't make it into his sole character trait. Sexuality is incidental, leave it that way.
Although this would make for some very interesting Joker storylines in the future. Preying on Batman's sexual weakness always makes for Joker's most interesting moments.
Batman's not gay. He's a furry.

He's like 2 steps away from a fursuit.
That doesn't mean he doesn't like himself some sausage every now and again.

OT: Honestly, it'd be hilarious if Deadpool decided to crash the DC party and come out to mock them...

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
BatmanBatmaBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatman!!!!

I know it's impossible, but c'mon! Gathering boys so he can put 'em in tight shorts? Case closed. :D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So gay is the latest trend? I mean this is what coming up in Marvel Comic

http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-announces-landmark-x-men-marriage-spoilers/144737/

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
I honestly think it's a dumb stunt. Then again reboots are normal for comics so what do I know.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
My money's on it being a woman just so DC has a excuse to have 2 busty barely-clothed women making out with each other.

Or they're just going pretend that Batwoman, who's been gay before the reboot, is "iconic".

Edit: Oops, somehow didn't read the part where it was definitely male. Um...I guess Martian Manhunter? He usually not in a relationship anyway so it's not like they're going to be rocking any boats if it's him.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Wish they'd just bite the bullet and make Wounder Women a lesbian, I mean her suggested relationship with Batman in JL (cartoon) never really took off and, lets face it, if you can't fall for Batman maybe its time to rethink some things.

My moneys on Aquaman, dudes so camp its funny watching him throw his weight around in JLU. Or maybe the Flash, you know it was all just a show he put on.

Apr 17, 2009
First though: "Its Aquaman isn't it? Its totally Aquaman."

Second thought: "Hang on, what about Wonder Woman? She comes from a society not just centred around women but totally made up of them, has always had homoerotic and fetishistic overtones since first inception and have you see how she dresses?"

I it is WW I really hope they don't use the 'butch lesbian' stereotype

haaxist

Sep 21, 2009
Why does everyone keep saying Wonderwoman when the article clearly states that the character is going to be male? I mean, yes I know she's an Amazon, but they are all female, despite having predominantly male traits. (At least I think they're all female, I've never read any of her comics.)

Anyways I hope it's Batman, because that would be an interesting twist, but I can't see any way for them to put that into a story arc without it being extremely forced. My first reaction was "AQUAMAN" but as people have already said, he is married. So I'm going to have to go with Flash or Green Lantern. Because Superman and Louis Lane have been a pair for so long that the only reason for Superman to be gay is that the publishers are trolling the fans. (When I say pair I don't mean they have been together the entire time, only that to my knowledge the only people Superman has been canonically paired with are Louis and Wonderwoman.)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Anyone else think about this when they read this story?

Quality's pretty decent for a home recording off a TV, which is the only way I could find a full episode.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
I bet Batman. Him and Robin, Come on guys!
The young boy sidekick, the overcompensating.. yeah.. the writing has been on the walls for years people.