DC's Batman vs Superman Delayed Until 2016

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Perhaps they are waiting to see what the new Batman t.v series origin story will be so they can alter the one they are putting in their movie?

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
How complex does it need to be? Superman will punch things and Batman will throw batarangs at things. I guess what they really meant was 'We need time to shove CGI in as many places as possible'.
Considering how impossible it would be to make a movie with Superman these days that doesn't have CGI, I was actually quite impressed by how little they used in Man of Steel.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
thaluikhain said:
I like how it's "Batman vs Superman", when Wonder Woman is also going to be in there.

But eh, more time to hate on her/Gal Godot before it comes out, I guess.
Eh - I don't know about hating on Gadot, herself. I've never been into the whole calling out a person on how they look, regardless of body type, height, etc., etc (which seems to be the beef people are bringing up most often). BUT, I still hate the idea of her playing Wonder Woman. It's not a problem with her, but rather a problem of casting her - if that makes sense. I don't have a problem with myself, for example, but no way would I ever cast myself as Hercules.

She just doesn't convey the persona of warrior, amazon queen to me. She's not a physical presence - it seems the character would need maybe a bit of that. Not when Gina Carano is out there (or even that one girl that cosplays as Wonder Woman with the Roman Soldier armor [I think her name is Meagan Marie?] - she's at the very least clearly capable of being intimidating; and she actually displays good body mechanics). Especially if this movie is going to have a fight scene for her, or if it's going to be physically / athletically demanding. She is going to need so many stunt and body doubles, and contrived choreography. I don't know if I will see this movie, but if I do, and they fudge a scene with a cg model of her (when a real person could have performed the feat), I'm going to laugh out loud. Why not cast someone that can already do anything they need herself?

Yeah, I'm not hating on her, but I am absolutely hating on the casting department.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
BigTuk said:
Hmm... as per usual WB/DC Drag their feet. By the time they get to Justice Leagu we'll be up to Avengers 4.
And what's this about crowbaring Wonder Woman into this ... isn't the most recognizable female super heroine worthy of her own movie?
Female... WB DC Universe... Female...

Not going to happen.

Dire Trout

Jan 6, 2014
Ultratwinkie said:
Dire Trout said:
>Batman vs. Superman
>"the complex visual nature of the story"

I was not aware that there was anything terribly complex about "I bet Superman could beat up Batman!" "NUH-UH!" "YEAH-HUH!"
The dark knight returns.

That was the comic that started the entire idea, and it even made Batman relevant after the 1960s flop. It got turned into a 2 part movie too.

This movie however will have none of the weight of the groundbreaking comic or even the movie. Because it was a rebuttal to an argument that is now 40 years old and no longer in the public eye.
Also, Zach Snyder.

Also, hooray for somehow shoving Wonder Woman into this rather than letting her have her own movie.

Also, it's a versus movie. When has a versus movie ever been good? Alien vs. Predator, Freddy vs. Jason...