De Blob 2 Review

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I enjoyed the first game for the Wii. Loved how big the areas were, the music and how colorful the world could be. Now I have two games I must buy: this and Pokemon Black.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
this actually sounds like a great game for my brother, he is going to visit for a entire week soon and while he does enjoy playing red dead and assasins creed a simple MP game would be nice, i am disappointed that the co-op is so lacking as that is by far the most fun.

It's actually something i have noticed allot in these kid games, it seems like the co-op is geared towards parent and child type co-op where the parent does all the important stuff while the young kid who has yet to grasp the basic controls just mess around and maybe once in awhile help out, there need to be more sibling style co-op otherwise i end up being the clichéd older brother who convinces the younger sibling that they are controlling the enemies while i beat the game.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
This always seemed like a cute idea, but I never got around to playing the first game, and I don't know if I'll play the second...

I think it would be great if opposing army was "brown-gray, and gritty" as a "take that" to many modern games.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I loved the original, but one thing that would get up my ass was the fact that you could never save your progress, meaning the 45 minutes of painting would all disappear once you moved onto the next level.

Has that been changed in the sequel? Has it, oh has it?

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
Does anyone know if the Wii version has anything cut out from it in comparison to the 360 or PS3 versions? I wanna get it for the Wii if there isn't anything cut from it because I have the first one, and I tend to like to keep things on the same system if I can help it.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I loved the 1st game with special props going to the music and how the music became more layered the more you painted. I would be playing this right now if it wasn't for the fact I cant find it. I get that a sequal to a fairly obscure and low selling game (took me ages to find the first one too) wouldn't likely to be in the local Tesco, but you'd think the dedicated stores would have it.
DetectiveSparky said:
I wanna get it for the Wii if there isn't anything cut from it because I have the first one, and I tend to like to keep things on the same system if I can help it.
Normally I'm the same, but I've always found the "Shake to jump" really annoying especially in a platform heavy game like this so sadly I'll probably be going for the 360 version (if anywhere sold it *grrrrrrr*)

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Ah, I think I'm coming down with a bad case of "Grim Shooter Ennui," which sucks because of all the triple-A shooters that are coming out this year. What's a guy to do?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
maninahat said:
I loved the original, but one thing that would get up my ass was the fact that you could never save your progress, meaning the 45 minutes of painting would all disappear once you moved onto the next level.

Sadly, no. It's still a big ol' pain in the patoot, too.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
But you forgot to mention the music!

I found that after the whole zen-like feel of painting a bleached city wore off, I was mostly enjoying myself with the music, especially because each color had it's own instrument it added. I usually ended up using orange because I liked the saxaphone...

SoDaRa

Jan 7, 2009
I love de Blob, and I love this game. The game play, the music, the OCD I get, its just great. Its in my top 5 favorite, actual numbers coming soon, but it is beneath Chibi-Robo. Also just throwing it out there and it is probably just me, why didn't they mention the music in the review? I mean its great and it changes and its cool. Still a great review though, I like it when this game gets good reputation. I just really like the music.

SoDaRa

Jan 7, 2009
maninahat said:

Yes they did add a checkpoint system, thank god. They are checkpoints so you only come back from that point in time, but redoing 7 minutes, for example, is better than redoing the entire level.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
I watched the entire video again just to hear susan say blob again.
Its dutch, so she has a very funny pronunciation.

First game was nice. Maybe I'll see this through. Dunnow yet. Seems like more of the same. Which is good in some cases yes.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
How come there is never a game when your the big "bad" corporations who wanna be jerks?
How come I can never roast a puppy but help a lady across the street?
Who makes the rules that I can't make people sad and have billboards that say "OBEY!"
But noooooo.These so-called "freedom fighters" are just tops!
That would make you're character a tad overpowered when you have all the weapons, money and power at your disposal, and you are up against a handful of dudes with pipe bombs and manly stubble.

Saying that, isn't that America's role in all those anti-taliban/anti-vietnamese FPS?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Now now now, I'm a PC Gamer and even I know you can't review a De Blob game and not mention the music.

Neumanoid

Jun 17, 2009
It's funny, bright and relaxing to play. Not every game needs to be grim and ultra realistic. There are plenty of other games out there that fufill that catagory.
The levels, however tended to go on for a bit too long. At least they did for someone like me who just HAD to finish every single level with an S rating... OCD much?