de-rez: Dave Hiroshima Investigates

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Dectilon said:
Hey, I have the same keyboard as Chris! : )

Some pretty good ideas in there, but I think it's time to experiment a bit more with the technology, like green screen effects and the like. For the kind of things they do I think that would make it far easier to come up with good ideas.
I agree - some special effects would be good - but I'd rather de-rez concentrate on the story/humour. The last thing I would want is another "Doomsday Arcade" - which could be renamed "Special-effects Arcade" (with little else in the way of content).

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
the_geordie said:
Dectilon said:

Some pretty good ideas in there, but I think it's time to experiment a bit more with the technology, like green screen effects and the like. For the kind of things they do I think that would make it far easier to come up with good ideas.
I agree - some special effects would be good - but I'd rather de-rez concentrate on the story/humour. The last thing I would want is another "Doomsday Arcade" - which could be renamed "Special-effects Arcade" (with little else in the way of content).
My point is that it may be easier for them to write good material if they had more choices. A good writer will use special effects as a tool rather than a crutch ;)

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Dectilon said:
the_geordie said:
Dectilon said:

My point is that it may be easier for them to write good material if they had more choices. A good writer will use special effects as a tool rather than a crutch ;)
I agree.

Tantalus3D

Nov 5, 2008
I personally found this episode of de-rez very funny :)

Somehow I really like de-rez even more than zero punctuation. I know, zp is much better written and executed, but I personally find Chris more likeable than Yahtzee.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
"Prepare for Hiroshoma up your arse!" I so wish I could use that as a battle cry or something. Great episode of De-Rez.