de-rez: Jack & George

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
A clever concept - a relationship falling apart due to arguments over consoles, but the humour
wasn't readily sustained. after the 2:30 point the charm of the sketch started to wear out, as did the overly long noooooooo. However, the punchline at te end was right out of left field, and certainly funny.

While mildly offensive towards gays, the rediculousness of the plot and the clever punchline offset these foibles. If only the infantile noises from the characters weren't so damned ubiquitous over the last half!

MegMurph

Mar 4, 2008
Chris Slack, how did you know I am going through such a console-argumentative time right now!?

This video may have stopped the madness in my household...

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
I'm am now looking forward to the next generation console flamewars and arguments now that the current generation one has been harshly put to rest. :)

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
The sequence of cuts:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
oooooooooooooooooooooooEEEEEeeeee

Was a moment of comic genius, I thoroughly enjoyed that video and as per Drakey (or given the avatar is it Captain Phi Master of the Greek Alphabet?) I'll give the benefit of the doubt on the use of charged words.

As for the consoles argument... It always was, is and will be.

I remember kids at school 25+ years ago arguing about the merits of home computers (UK: Spectrum Vs. Commodore 64 Vs. Vic 20 Vs. etc. anyone?), and no doubt there will still be the same crappy arguments over Playstation Gen 493 Vs. XBox Gen 493 Vs. Future Console Gen 493 Vs. Google World Domination Box Gen 493 in the distant future.

Chris's point is well made, as arguments go, console arguments are a load of old cobblers.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
This was a great episode imo. You have to really get the dry humor to appreciate it though. Is this the end of the de rez series? I do hope not. Things were just about to get good =)