Dead Space 2 Bonus Injects Horror Into Dragon Age 2

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Even though the company is trying to get more money with this. All I can say is...

"That armor look awesome. I'd tap that."

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Nah. Pass.
Being a future mage, I highly doubt I'm going to want this armor for her. Maybe...nah..

Besides, if it pulls that nonsense from ME2 where the helmet could not be removed, then what's the damn point of having a customizable character.

>.>

Apr 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
That is awesome, but sadly I don't want really want to buy Dead Space 2 on the PC (if this deal works for the PC version anyway) just to get this set.

On the topic of Dragon Age, how are the games on PC? Do they have a similar choice thing like with Mass Effect where certain decisions carry over from the previous game?
You have choices like Mass Effect, but unlike Mass Effect, there is no good/evil bar. Which is awesome. Most choices are also a lot less black/white, especially if you read into them more. I'd say its great. The PC version is definitely the one to get though. Mainly because of mods.

As for choices carrying over, well yes and no.

You'll be able to import your DA:O save into DA2, but it'll just change up some dialog to reflect the actions of your DA:O hero. Which makes sense, considering DA2 takes place far away from Ferelden.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
For some reason, this reminds me of how they set the comic book Spawn in the modern world but had stories about a medieval Spawn as well.

Notthatbright

Apr 13, 2010
I remember my ME2 Dragon Armor and my Blood Armor. I also remember how often I wore them in the game: 0 times. I simply didn't care. I'll eventually pick up DS2 and DA2, but I'm not going to run out for some digital toss-aside.

Now TF2 hats, on the other hand, I might do a pre-order for.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
*flips table* if these idiots would slap free on these things instead of Buy one whole game get a helmet, they would get legions of fans. I always forget that I'm trying to boycott developer asshattery so they get back to trying to win over gamers at launch not through dlc and buy my friends game shenanigans. And that there are hordes of people just throwing money at these people.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
While I did enjoy what EA did with the blood dragon armor in ME2, I just don't know how well Isaac fits in the Dragon Age universe. I suppose I would be more interested in the bonus if I had any interest in Dead Space 2 at all.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Jumplion said:
That is awesome, but sadly I don't want really want to buy Dead Space 2 on the PC (if this deal works for the PC version anyway) just to get this set.

On the topic of Dragon Age, how are the games on PC? Do they have a similar choice thing like with Mass Effect where certain decisions carry over from the previous game?
You have choices like Mass Effect, but unlike Mass Effect, there is no good/evil bar. Which is awesome. Most choices are also a lot less black/white, especially if you read into them more. I'd say its great. The PC version is definitely the one to get though. Mainly because of mods.

As for choices carrying over, well yes and no.

You'll be able to import your DA:O save into DA2, but it'll just change up some dialog to reflect the actions of your DA:O hero. Which makes sense, considering DA2 takes place far away from Ferelden.
I'm not much of a mod person, though I do want to try and get into it. I'll consider getting DA:Origins, though LBP2, Dead Space 2, and Killzone 3 will probably take up my time for now.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
it looks funny, and for all those who like the armor, i think it's a good thing to add, since if you don't want to have his ugly face, and/or would like to believe it's another D&D race, or female character to fantasize about. as lon as it's no DLC... oh i misread, it is a DLC ! well as long as they don't start thinking into doing a campaign setting or expansion or even a DLC about level related to Dead Space into Dragon Age...

i hope not...actually i hope the devs won't read my post !

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
XT inc said:
*flips table* if these idiots would slap free on these things instead of Buy one whole game get a helmet, they would get legions of fans. I always forget that I'm trying to boycott developer asshattery so they get back to trying to win over gamers at launch not through dlc and buy my friends game shenanigans. And that there are hordes of people just throwing money at these people.
But these guys already have legions of fans. <_<

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Hmm, I want to like it, but it just doesn't work for me that well. Maybe because I like my medieval RPGs with original looking armour, and since it does kind of look like it could belong (minus the helmet), I'm not a big fan of the bulk since I usually play rogue.

That being said I'll probably buy DS2 for 360 and DA2 for PC so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
I wonder if it's cross platform? But to be honest it seems like the kind that would just go on the pile of "suits I sell/ignore" when I start a new game.

Austichar said:
Wouldn't Dead Space armor make more sense for Mass Effect 2 or 3?
You would think so, though isn't to late for them to implement such a thing. So that Mass effect 3 checks whether there is a dead space 2 save and then unlocks a suit, or something like that.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
SilentHunter7 said:
XT inc said:
But these guys already have legions of fans. <_<
Legions of sheep my good man, all the more happy to get their wallets sheared for their woolly cash They think they like it, but its the difference between raising methods. Some sheep get abused all to hell before they get turned into meat and think they like it. Others are hand raised with love and care until they die. No one made a stand to slap down increasingly more ludicrous paid money for content schemes.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Austichar said:
Wouldn't Dead Space armor make more sense for Mass Effect 2 or 3?
Hmm, a Mass Effect/Dead Space crossover, now that would be something interesting.