Dead Space 2 Details Revealed

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
This multiplayer mode sounds pretty awesome. I hope they make it have only one mode, but a mode where maybe 15 players are scattered throughout the Ishimura, required to survive and gain the most points, points which are acquired by repairing or reactivating certain parts of the Ishimura while waves of Necromorphs are constantly on your tail.

Perhaps there could be random events where Dr. Mercer will shut off the oxygen in the entire ship, requiring the individual players to find a life support switch in order to bring the oxygen back, or maybe Mercer could release those regenerating Necromorphs after each player. The individual players could either team up to survive or kill each other.

All of that would be pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
"The Sprawl"? Perhaps they should change his name to Isaac Gibson [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Gibson]-Clarke?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I really enjoyed the first one, like...a lot more than I expected to. While all of these changes sound great, I hope they don't lose the amazing atmosphere that the first one had.

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
Oh excellent, it genuinely sounds like they're going to be improving on the first game a lot. It was a fun but not particularly stand-out or original game (except for the dismemberment mechanicm, which was awesome by the way) but these changes sound like they could make a vastly more unique and memorable experience and universe. Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I love "hunting" aliens of any type. Have a specific home base where relaxation is possible, then sally forth to purge the alien.

Coupling Deadspace gameplay with some search and purge strategy--

oh yeah.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Arachon said:
"The Sprawl"? Perhaps they should change his name to Isaac Gibson [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Gibson]-Clarke?
I lol'd.

OT: I have to admit I'm interested, my main problem with Dead Space 1 was that it wasn't frightening at all. Hopefully they drop some of the combat for a little good old fashioned mind screwing.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
This doesn't sound too bad actually, i a more interested to see what they are doing then wanting to attack them for changing it.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Waaaaaaaait wait wait... A video game, from a major developer, that's actually trying new things instead of just doing more of the same? And people are loving it?

Well, Hell truly hath frozen over. Can't wait to build a snowman when I get there.

thenightgaunt

Mar 2, 2008
Wow, that's so cool. And maybe this time the game'll actually be in interesting entry into the survival horror genre rather than a bland System Shock 2 knock off. And maybe this time the monsters won't be completely predictable in how and when they attack or jump out at you.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Clarke is back, baby! I was worried for awhile there they'd killed him off!

And hey! he has a voice now! Even better! Even though he never spoke, I felt the best connection with him in the first game, namely because the alternative was a nagging traitor or an all-round irritating character who kept falling off the face of the Ishimura, and possibly too because I watched him get eviscerated so many times. You can't watch someone's head-stump spurt arterial jets that many times and NOT feel a connection.

Actually, I tell a lie. I almost never died in my first playthough, but that made it really scary (see here for explanation as to why I feel like that, he says it best). But making it through forged a bond between me and my flesh-puppet! so Yay Issac!

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
This has made my day.

I absolutely LOVED the original Dead Space, and knowing that they're not only making a sequel, but fixing the original's short-comings, has left me in a coma resulting from the collossal nerdgasm.

I can't wait for this to come out, I'm going to be sure to pre-order it first chance I get.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I see they're going the "Saints Row" route of character development in finally letting Issac speak.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm glad that Arthur Asimov Issac Clarke will talk in the sequel. It felt a bit lifeless when he just stood there mute while people told him what to do.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I really need to pick up the first one. Dead Space and Bioshock are two games I need to get, and are really cheap now. After I play it, then I can be hyped for Dead Space 2.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
the dismemberment was fun and all but really if some monsters didnt need that or had to be killed in a different way it would have been awesome.

That Omnigun, aka the plasma cutter was a lot of fun to use i have to admit XD

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Why multiplayer? Multiplayer in every gosh dang game arrrrrrrrgh. It's a survival horror game, gosh dangit. How do you fit multiplayer into that without screwing up the ambience?

I'll still play it because I enjoyed the first game quite a bit and Extraction was pretty dandy for a rail shooter.

Here's to hoping they don't bork single player for the blight upon existence that is multiplayer.