Deadliest warrior: Alexander the Great vs. Attila the Hun WTF!?!?!?

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
This was one of the most BS episodes I have seen on Deadliest warrior. Let's give Alexander a siege weapon in a 1v1 fight, while we give Attila a freakin warhammer! Post what you guys thought about this and indeed any other Deadliest Warrior episode you disagree on.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Most of those match-ups are a little messed up.

Spartans and Samurais would never be fighting alone.

How does a computer calculate bombs that needs to be planted BEFORE the battle and the odds of an enemy walking over said bomb?

Ninjas would never be fighting face to face.

Probably the one I disagreed with the most though was William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu. Yes, lets give the guy who lives in the iron age a Claymore and the man who lives in a Tribe in the middle of Africa some poisonous spit. I don't know, something about that fight just seemed unfair to me.

Edit: I'm also not looking forward to next weeks episode which is Al Capone Vs Jessy James. Yes, let's take a fat man and put him up against an expert marksman.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
I enjoy Deadliest Warrior. Since I think it's awesome. But that's because of the weapon testing! Arrows, swords, guns, etc.

I always find the scenario stuff though the low point for each episode.

Also when they go do 4v4/5v5, 1000 does not make it a good episode. If 4v4, it should be 16,000 fights. 25,000 for 5v5.

Silent Eagle

Mar 11, 2010
Yeah it was BS. What was that "gastrophetes"? Thats a volley weapon wtf against a long bow,thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

These weapons shouldnt be pitted against each other. We as humans design weapons to conflict with the weapons of the enemy not something made hundreds of years ago.
The whole show is completly unbalanced but they know people will watch it and thats what they want.. Ratings.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I'm still waiting for some sort of Halloween week, where they do a marathon of Zombies vs ????

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
hey why you complainin they gave alexander the siege weapon sure, but atilla gots the sword of MARS. YOU CANT FIGHT FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE. either way atilla still won so, ya. ALso i hate that the samurai lost, but ill admit the spartan shield is nuts. i was also really happy the rajput won

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I find it stupid that the ancient duels are all one on one, while modern uses groups.

If you want to test a fucking Roman centurion, their greatest strength came from fighting in a unit.

Also, stop bringing fucking artillery to a one on one! The Centurion already had a ranged weapon, the pilum! Make his special weapon his damn tower shield. It was retarded when the guy threw away his best protection to fight with an axe.

Czargent Sane

May 31, 2010
I think it was wierd how the big advantage of the kanabo (the ability to break your opponent's arm through a shield) was forgotten about so quickly

I saw in the episode guide they're pitting sun tzu against vlad the impaler. neither of them were warriors.

pirate vs knight. dont even get me started on that little fiasco.

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
Silent Eagle said:
Yeah it was BS. What was that "gastrophetes"? Thats a volley weapon wtf against a long bow,thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

These weapons shouldnt be pitted against each other. We as humans design weapons to conflict with the weapons of the enemy not something made hundreds of years ago.
The whole show is completly unbalanced but they know people will watch it and thats what they want.. Ratings.
It was a composite bow, just sayin.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Pariah87 said:
I disagreed with Viking vs Samurai but then I'm extremely biased.
Viking for the win.
It's just their opinions, so really as long as you think the Viking could win, you're equally as qualified.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
maddawg IAJI said:
Most of those match-ups are a little messed up.

How does a computer calculate bombs that needs to be planted BEFORE the battle and the odds of an enemy walking over said bomb?

Probably the one I disagreed with the most though was William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu. Yes, lets give the guy who lives in the iron age a Claymore and the man who lives in a Tribe in the middle of Africa some poisonous spit. I don't know, something about that fight just seemed unfair to me.

Edit: I'm also not looking forward to next weeks episode which is Al Capone Vs Jessy James. Yes, let's take a fat man and put him up against an expert marksman.
They don't actually do any simulations I suspect. They just decide who they want to win and then get actors to play the part. The "Computer" bit is thrown in to add some flimsy credibility to it.

Though I am entertained by the show.

Oh and Shaka Zulu was around WELL after Sir Wallace's time. From memory, William Wallace was 800s and Zulu was 1700/1800s.

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
Czargent Sane said:
I think it was wierd how the big advantage of the kanabo (the ability to break your opponent's arm through a shield) was forgotten about so quickly

I saw in the episode guide they're pitting sun tzu against vlad the impaler. neither of them were warriors.

I still think knight should have won because the pirates only had one good weapon against the knight, the blunderbuss, and even that misfired a lot. And how did broadsword and cutlass get a tie when the knight is wearing freaking armor!?

Silent Eagle

Mar 11, 2010
arbiter592 said:
Silent Eagle said:

It was a composite bow, just sayin.
Okay. What is a Composite bow?

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
arbiter592 said:
This was one of the most BS episodes I have seen on Deadliest warrior. Let's give Alexander a siege weapon in a 1v1 fight, while we give Attila a freakin warhammer! Post what you guys thought about this and indeed any other Deadliest Warrior episode you disagree on.
Yeah, that one was pretty bad.

Although the sight of Alexander and Attila charging towards each other with a few henchmen each was funny.

...the melee fight towards the end, especially when both were disarmed. They spent ages during the episode going on and on about Alexander's intimate knowledge of pankration (the martial art), and yet Attila completely wiped the floor with him.

maddawg IAJI said:

While Spartans were famous for their phalanx, they trained one-on-one, and were highly-skilled when it came to personal combat.
As for the samurai... I didn't even know that they were famous for formation fighting... then again, I don't know a lot about them.

The ninja initially tried to ambush the Spartan, and failed... should he have run away?

maddawg IAJI said:
I'm also not looking forward to next weeks episode which is Al Capone Vs Jessy James. Yes, let's take a fat man and put him up against an expert marksman.
Just wait till you see what the stiletto knife can do...

arbiter592 said:
Finally someone else that rooted for the rajput.
Who didn't root for the Rajput?

Although the Aara was disappointing.

Still, the Katar was one of, if not the sweetest weapons on the show so far.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
arbiter592 said:
Czargent Sane said:

I still think knight should have won because the pirates only had one good weapon against the knight, the blunderbuss, and even that misfired a lot. And how did broadsword and cutlass get a tie when the knight is wearing freaking armor!?
The armour is irrelevant to the testing of an attack weapon.
However, considering the broadsword more easily cut through the body of swine, it probably should have received the edge.

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
Just wait till you see what the stiletto knife can do...

Yeah but the bowie knife kicked some serious ***! Keepin it clean for the monitor.