Deadpool 2, Avatar 2, 3, 4 & 5, New X-Men Movies Release Dates

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ezekiel said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Who gives a shit about Avatar? I'm interested in this New X-Men thing. Will they have Dafne Keene in it? That's something legitimately new that I want to see.
Avatar is a good movie. James Cameron has never disappointed me.

Who gives a shit about X-Men?
Good enough for Avatar fucking 5 to have a release date already?

Lots of people give a shit about X-Men. X-Men is one of, if not the most (besides maybe Spider-Man) Marvel properties. I only am less enthused about the X-Men movies cause its not MCU, and they like to take more liberties than MCU does with the source.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
If they ever remake Back to the Future (It will happen eventually, I am sure) I hope instead of "Jaws 19" its "Avatar 48"

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Wow, I'll be 40 by the time Avatar 5 comes out. That's just weird to think about.

And while I really liked Avatar, I have to wonder how... 4 more movies? Probably more planets, space battles, the Navi fighting alongside the humans against a bigger threat, other advanced aliens, a Starcraft movie featuring the Navi? and so on, but still, that's a lot of movies. The Avatar Cinematic Universe!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Saelune said:
If they ever remake Back to the Future (It will happen eventually, I am sure) I hope instead of "Jaws 19" its "Avatar 48"
Don't you jinx it, damn it!

Robert Zemeckis is fighting a fight. He promised that he will fight everything and everyone who wants to remake Back to the Future. Share your Energy with him!

OT: Meh, couldn't give less of a damn about "Worse Pocahontas" 2-5, Deadpool 2 I'll watch at least once, not expecting much from X-men movies, but after Logan who knows?

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Why are there more Avatar movies? The first one isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but that movie left no real opening for a sequel, nor did it really need one (let alone four).

Besides, we all know that the only reason the first one was a big success was because of how impressive the CGI was. But between 2009 and now, everyone become so completely numb to the stuff that I imagine there's nothing the new movies could do to impress anyone.

Deadpool 2. Hope it's good, we don't want another Iron Man situation on our hands (Great start, godawful sequels).

And more fucking X-Men movies...

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Eh, wow. I mean Avatar was really pretty but I didn't leave the theater wishing for more of it. It also had as classic of a ending as you can get: good guys win, bad guys get their butt kicked, guy gets back together with girl after temporary break up, etc. So to make not 1, not 2 for a trilogy, but FOUR more movies? Big NTY. Maybe a sequel or even a trilogy just to see how it ends but 5? That just makes me not want to get back on that boat at all, especially when the first ride was already good enough.
Oh it gets better rumour has it the bad guy in the next Avatar movie is the same bad guy from the first one, you know the guy who very very clearly DIED at the end of the first movie.

I am with you on this one though Avatar had a nice closed loop in it's presentation and certainly didn't leave me wanting to know more.

Deadpool 2 yeah, loved the first.

Xmen, no idea, I get the impression the franchise has lost all direction, maybe I read the info wrong but is that TWO Xmen movies in one year?

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
Hawki said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Who gives a shit about Avatar?
Myself, and everyone else who made it one of the highest grossing movies ever.
Technically, that would be everyone who saw it. I can only speak for myself here, but I saw it, and it was pretty bland. I was more interested in figuring out why a planet covered in plants barely had any oxygen.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So the fate of a franchise, to tell a better Phoenix story than that abortion with Famke Janssen, lies on the shoulders of Sansa Stark - Sophie Turner. Dunno how I feel about that. She was ok as Jean in the last flick. I'll admit, seeing her really explode at the end was one of my favorite movie moments, ever. But this next one is gonna be her movie for good or ill. No side story, no "mutant cure", just lets watch Jean Grey go mad with power! No pressure. But I still haven't finished Legion yet - maybe the peculiar brain bug that David has will bear hidden fruit in an Onslaught to come.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Elvis Starburst said:
Why is the movie scene slowly sounding like it's becoming absolute shit, run by people who don't actually wanna make good movies? Sounds familiar compared to another industry, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
Mainstream Music?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Who gives a shit about Avatar? I'm interested in this New X-Men thing. Will they have Dafne Keene in it? That's something legitimately new that I want to see.
Avatar is a good movie. James Cameron has never disappointed me.

Who gives a shit about X-Men?
I found District 9 to be the superior movie compared to Avatar.

But I am amazed you liked Avatar. At the risk of putting words in your mouth I thought you are the kind of movie person that would write the movie off as one big CGI fest.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
iconoclast xvii said:
Hawki said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Technically, that would be everyone who saw it. I can only speak for myself here, but I saw it, and it was pretty bland. I was more interested in figuring out why a planet covered in plants barely had any oxygen.
It's an alien planet - those plants don't have to follow the same biological rules as ours do. So they can indeed produce some other gas than oxygen. And the other lifeforms might breath that gas instead of oxygen.
Doesn't seem like too hard of a concept to me.

Unlike the concept of FIVE movies on a yearly release. Two more? Okay, maybe a bit rushed but "two-part trilogy" isn't listed on TV Tropes for no reason, that's somewhat common. Three? Maybe stretching it a bit but more believable if more than 12 months are between them. Which they aren't right now. Four? Nope. That doesn't sound like it's going to work out.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Naldan said:
Wow, Avatar 2 in 2020? I seriously wish I knew what was going on behind the scenes.
"Let's wait for new Star Wars trilogy to wrap up" - that in a nutshell.

I couldn't care less about Avatar. But I won't hate. There's always the possibility that they can make something interesting in the sequels. Just because I'm not interested doesn't mean I'm not open minded about it.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
iconoclast xvii said:
Hawki said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Its not because there is little Oxygen present, it's to do with the mix of gases in Pandoras atmosphere. There's way more CO[sub]2[/sub] present, so we can't breath it. Biologically that's sound, if the CO[sub]2[/sub] to O[sub]2[/sub] ratio is too high then Oxygen can't bind to Hemoglobin because CO[sub]2[/sub] has a higher affinity. Free Oxygen definitely exists as a relatively high component of Pandora's atmosphere, because otherwise all the fires wouldn't burn.

OT

FIVE Avitar Films!? What fresh hell is this?

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I remember there being jokes about there being a bunch of Avatar sequels, and I think I saw those release dates in a recently RLM video, but I didn't believe it.
I can understand maybe having a trilogy, but five? FIVE?

...Who am I kidding? In this time of cinematic universes? People will happily eat down TWENTY movies. It just shouldn't even be a surprise at this point.

Why do I even care? I still have old movies to catch up on, let alone shit that ain't even out yet.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Avatar does not have enough material for four more movies.
Frankly, with how shit the first one was, I don't think it has enough material for one more movie.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'd just like to add something that just occurred to me - we're getting 4 sequels to a movie that barely anybody cares for but we can't get Hellboy 3. Some justice, huh?

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Avatar was as good a movie as 2 hours of complaining about blue giraffe monkeys not sharing their stuff, finding out they couple using their hair and then proceed to stick it in every indigenous creature on the planet, fight a 5 minute war over said poorly named un-shared mineral and then proceed to slack off with a good guys win, evil corporations lose ending could allow.

The fact it was pretty final in it's ending aside from the possible "The Corporation comes back!" thread, I don't think it really needed a sequel much less four.