Deadpool Game

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Looks decent. Marvel is kinda 50/50 on gaming for me. I'm more excited that they actually use the yellow and white text boxes when Deadpool is talking to himself.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
The video for it looked pretty dumb.

Maybe that's his character or something, but he seemed to be behaving like a seven year old schizophrenic.

Trailer showed less than no gameplay so either it's a long way off or they're too embarrassed to actually show anyone.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Having seen the teaser, if the full game comes out like that then Activision might have earned its keep from me. Provided it doesnt simply turn into an FPS, because that would be a total waste.

Though of course, this being from Activision, im going to have to scrutinise every detail.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
First of all activision is a huge turn off, they never made a game I liked. It also seemed a lot more focused on shooting than melee or even choice, so I'm not that interested.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I loved it. I'm a long-time Deadpool fan, and not only have they nailed the characterization, but they don't seem to be kiddifying it either. Deadpool's at his best when he's uncensored.

As for the people saying "I don't get it" or "it looks dumb", well, it's clearly not for you. All I can say is, go read the comics. They're awesome.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So, who wants to know that last character that Deadpools voice actor did?

Have fun separating the two!

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
So, who wants to know that last character that Deadpools voice actor did?

Have fun separating the two!
It'll be easy, since Nolan North has voiced Deadpool not only in games (Marvel VS Capcom and Shattered Dimensions, for example) but he also voiced him in Marvel animated movies. As far as Deadpool's voice actors go, he pretty much IS Deadpool. This is far from his first rodeo with the character.

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
I reiterate my earlier views.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
So many fourth walls will be broken. How will they pay the reality carpenters?

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Zaik said:
Isn't that the guy from the end of

the Wolverine origin movie with 7 or 8 mutant powers that kicked the shit out of him and Sabertooth?

The only way I can see this ending well is if it ends up feeling a lot like DMC.

Yes but does were stupidly added powers for the movie. His real power is a form of artificial regeneration with skills in guns and swords. Oh and the ability to have boxes talk to him.

OT: I'm nervous for this game. I love Deadpool. He is one of the greatest out there and I love his comics (except for some of the more recent (see Dead storyline and the Prison one)). I hope they can get his chatter down right in combat because that is an important part of his character. Hopefully it won't just be a lot of repeats but a whole bunch of stuff that rarely gets repeated (yeah right) and I hope it doesn't come off as a generic hack and slash with third person shooting. Deadpool can be really crazy at times so I hope they capture that part of him.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I'm still holding out on some slither of hope that someone shall make a Dante and Deadpool team-up cross-over game (As in, devil may cry Dante..not angry Kevin). Cmon folks, am i really the only one that wants to see that?

Look at that image and tell me a Dante and Deadpool team-up cross-over game wouldn't work?

A bit more OT: As for this game, i'll keep my eyes on it cause Deadpool is awesome.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Well, that looks interesting, and continues the theme of Nolan North being in every game ever.

Soon he'll be retroactively added in to all the old games.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
What's the point? We all know it's just going to be 30 hours of running around with noclip and godmode on.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Zaik said:
The video for it looked pretty dumb.

Maybe that's his character or something, but he seemed to be behaving like a seven year old schizophrenic.

Trailer showed less than no gameplay so either it's a long way off or they're too embarrassed to actually show anyone.
Well, that IS his character really. And it's a teaser, teasers very rarely show gameplay, plus it's the first we've even heard of the game, so expecting gameplay this early is a little bit unfair, few games show gameplay when they've just been officially announced.