Death Techno - Best Idea Ever?

kellenheller

Mar 3, 2009
Atari Teenage Riot coined a phrase and a record label after this concept. Digital Hardcore. It failed...

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Fear Factories "Remanufacture" was about the only techno/(deathish)metal crossover that worked. Some Gabba and Speedcore tracks sample death metal guitars and some metal bands use synths, but generally they don't seem to mix too well. Looks good on paper but doesn't really go down too well with fans of either genre.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Some people will see the appeal of this, but if you want to form a genre of music that I would avoid, you can't beat the fusion of Death Metal and Techno.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
It sounds like it could work, although I think it would end up sounding much more like techno then like death metal.
Personally, I can't imagine anything sounding worse than that, but techno and death metal are already two of my least favorite genres of music so I'm probably not the target audience.

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Oh god no!

Metal needs to reamin pure, we already have enough silly sub genres as it is

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Me, and my friend voodoopigs as some of you may know him, were talking today about something very unusual.

The idea of a new type of music...Death-Techno

A Hybrid of Death Metal and Techno.

What do you think about this?
It's called speedcore. It's far worse than its name implies.

BBLIZZARD

Jun 19, 2008
That's been done. Dance metal. It sounds like a burly lumberjack yelling at a crying baby while someone plays zelda in the background.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
goater24 said:
Abedeus said:
Any techno song is a thing unworthy of being called a song.

Unless you are under 17/have serious problems, you shouldn't be listening to that thing.
LOL at your misguided comments. What a daft thing to say even if you have no respect for Kraftwerk and their ilk. How many countless movies which I am sure you love have a pulsing techno tracks that drive and enhance a piece of cinema?

There are scores of classically trained Electornic pioneers that have far more skill engineering music and understanding how to compose than I bet half the bands you listen too.

I am an avid music listener and have a very large collection of vynil cd mp3 minidisks spanning a whole prethora of musical genres. I think you havn't yet heard any good techno which is sad but you can't chastise something you've not listened to properly so easily.

I believe that 95% of all music in all genres is crap. But the 5% left is worth seeking out and enjoying and hells yeah there is lots to love about techno!

EDIT: I am not 17 and have never had any mental health problems! Just issues with my punctuation and grammer!
now look whos being narrow minded, do you even know what he listens too? Anywho im not a fan of techno, i respect the fact that its a genre/ people like it or whatever but i prefer music that originates from instruments, not computers.....if i want to play space invaders ill go to an arcade, id rather not it was on my MP3 player (yes i know i have gone into a rant but i make no apologies!!!!)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
Terrible idea. In fact, it's such a bad idea that Satan invented a new layer of hell just for you guys... In fact, Cradle of Filth have made a couple of techno remixes of their songs. IT DOESN'T WORK.
Links or it didn't happen.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
DannyDamage said:
Nothing new. Listen to some Gabba techno or anything on Death Chant Records.
Gabba's a bit 'soft'

Try speedcore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzdMUZiSJn8

Extratone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJns8hFK3g

Or splittercore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbmK7n0Koto

There is other stuff like analcore and shitcore........but I can't find anything decent on YouTube!

The world really is fucking insane!

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Head banging plus techno dancing equals deadly combination. I don't think it would work.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
kaziard said:
goater24 said:
Abedeus said:

Unless you are under 17/have serious problems, you shouldn't be listening to that thing.
LOL at your misguided comments. What a daft thing to say even if you have no respect for Kraftwerk and their ilk. How many countless movies which I am sure you love have a pulsing techno tracks that drive and enhance a piece of cinema?

There are scores of classically trained Electornic pioneers that have far more skill engineering music and understanding how to compose than I bet half the bands you listen too.

I am an avid music listener and have a very large collection of vynil cd mp3 minidisks spanning a whole prethora of musical genres. I think you havn't yet heard any good techno which is sad but you can't chastise something you've not listened to properly so easily.

I believe that 95% of all music in all genres is crap. But the 5% left is worth seeking out and enjoying and hells yeah there is lots to love about techno!

EDIT: I am not 17 and have never had any mental health problems! Just issues with my punctuation and grammer!
now look whos being narrow minded, do you even know what he listens too? Anywho im not a fan of techno, i respect the fact that its a genre/ people like it or whatever but i prefer music that originates from instruments, not computers.....if i want to play space invaders ill go to an arcade, id rather not it was on my MP3 player yes i know i have gone into a rant but i make no apologies!!!!)
Well certainly you are. Making the link that techno sounds just like space invaders in a arcade isn't narrow minded at all is it?

Please listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyDSwjg9uJY

Prey tell me how this is equated to the music of Space Invaders. Is this not well orchastrated music every bit as complexed and evocatie as that created by real instruments? You may not like the genre and I accept that and I am not asking you to change your opinion. All I am stating is that you shouldn't trivialise and demean a genre thats just as inventive as those you listen to.

(Yes i know i have gone into a rant but i make no apologies!!!!)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
goater24 said:
kaziard said:
goater24 said:
Abedeus said:

now look whos being narrow minded, do you even know what he listens too? Anywho im not a fan of techno, i respect the fact that its a genre/ people like it or whatever but i prefer music that originates from instruments, not computers.....if i want to play space invaders ill go to an arcade, id rather not it was on my MP3 player yes i know i have gone into a rant but i make no apologies!!!!)
Well certainly you are. Making the link that techno sounds just like space invaders in a arcade isn't narrow minded at all is it?

Please listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyDSwjg9uJY

Prey tell me how this is equated to the music of Space Invaders. Is this not well orchastrated music every bit as complexed and evocatie as that created by real instruments? You may not like the genre and I accept that and I am not asking you to change your opinion. All I am stating is that you shouldn't trivialise and demean a genre thats just as inventive as those you listen to.

(Yes i know i have gone into a rant but i make no apologies!!!!)
All of you, respect eachothers opinions and shut up.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It already exists and electronic music != TECHNO. Will people PLEASE get it fucking straight?

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
curlycrouton said:
Abedeus said:

That's a very ignorant view to hold. You may not appreciate this genre of music, but to not even recognise it as a genre? That's just narrow-minded.
Agreed, but that's what happens when narrow minded people attempt to mass stereotype things and niche them into convenient groups.