Death Threat

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I'm a bank teller. Death threats from customers are part of the territory. None of them are ever stupid enough to act on them, of course, but I've never been shaken up by them like some other tellers I know have been.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
chuckman1 said:
I've never been threatened but your story reminded me of something creepy as shit that happened to me a eons ago when I was like 11. So here's what happened my friends decided to sneak into this museum where you could only go in if accompanied by an adult, I didn't go in because I was scared of the manakins in it. I was sat on a step waiting for my friends to come out. Next thing I hear is someone say "Hello, are you okay?" I was like "WTF" I turned around and sitting next to me was some woman with a shit load of shopping bags, I replied " ermm yeah I'm just waiting for someone" she replies "I'm not okay, they're after me" she starts to cry and then she touches my arm and says " you've got to help me" I shit myself and ran to the door of this museum and my friends were just coming out, here's the really creepy part. I turned around to check if this crazy lady was still there...she was gone. Now that's really creepy because I wasn't gone long enough for her to have ran away and there were no exits where she could have ran to, he road was long enough that if anyone had ran away you see them for a good while.

As you can probably see my english skills are below par.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Have gotten death threats in person and in calls. Still breathing, so don't worry.

And if somebody tries to kill you, kill them. Survival of the fittest.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Sodoff said:
I might have misunderstood the term.. but isen´t "Chola" a very derogatory term?

To the Oxford dictionary Hooo :

"Pronunciation: /ˈtʃəʊləʊ/
Etymology: American Spanish, < Cholollán , now Cholula , a district of Mexico.

Thesaurus »

a. An Indian of Latin America.

Thesaurus »
Categories »

b. U.S. A lower-class Mexican (often derogatory)."
No maybe you should use urbandictionary instead for slang terms
it means a gangster latina girl
(and cholo is ganster latino guy)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've had the usual Youtube death threat because I liked something I shouldn't but never really had a real death threat.

Well, not any that were serious. Between friends we threaten to kill each other over the stupidest things.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Sure, I worked eight years in customer service...People will threaten to kill you over shorting them a $1.00. I've never really had one that seemed to have any weight to it, so the few I've heard weren't anything I'd recommend losing sleep over.
I see your $1.00 and raise you $0.03.

Working in electronics for a Superstore (Like Walmart, but Canadian) we used to get people with smaller orders sent through our tills when the lines up front would get too long, like on Boxing Day, where this took place.

I had roughly 80 people in my line-up, when this middle-aged lady comes up to the till with two shopping carts full of groceries. Being electronics, my counter is way too small to handle an order that size efficiently, so I'm already cursing under my breath because she's gonna hold up the line for ten minutes while I ring every item through individually, and I just -know- someone in the line behind her is gonna get irate at me over it. anyway, I try to persuade her to go through another till, but she is adamant about staying here (I can't really blame her, she was in my line for a while). So I yell down the line that this is gonna take a while if anyone is in a hurry they might try a different line. This irritates her and she asks me if "I had to draw that much attention to her," I retort that I'm just trying to be courteous and let people know this line is gonna be stalled for a while, and begin scanning her items.

Cut to about seven or eight minutes later, I can see the end of this irritatingly long order coming into view, when I scan in a couple of fake flowers. She stops me, and says something like "Hey, those are supposed to be $1.69, how come they're $1.72?" I tell her that they aren't from my department, so I really don't know what price they are, or are even supposed to be, and I offer to lay them aside so she can go to customer service and get them for the proper price. To this day I don't know how this incident escalated out of control as quickly as it did, but it ended with her calling me a "Stupid, lazy **** who gets paid too much for his job, and [she] should come over that counter and slit my f***ing throat."

Now, before I state my reaction, a recap: This is nearly ten minutes into just her order, I still have roughly eighty people behind her who have been waiting, some more patiently than others, for her stupid order to finish so that -they- can leave, I am alone in my department, and she is yelling at, threatening, and insulting me over three goddamned pennies.

As the discipline report my manager filled out on me afterwards, "While he was provoked, he did not handle the situation very well." And that was him cutting me a favour, in -my- words: I f***ing snapped. I have never lost my temper like that before or since, but in my defense, I never touched her, though it's one of the few times where I was so blinded by rage I very nearly did, I merely gave her a very loud, very colourful, verbal smackdown. By the end we were both in tears, though for different reasons.

I've had people threaten my life, jokingly and not, several times over the years, but that remains the most memorable example. And the discipine report was later removed from my file thanks to several customers who were in the line behind her, saw the whole incident, and wrote emails to my store's general manager in my defense. When they came in and told me what they'd done, I bought them each a dvd out of my own pocket in thanks.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
A couple of people(3) from my school said they were going to beat me to death (i had done nothing wrong) which was quickly followed by a can of beer to the face, they then proceeded to beat the shit out of me but luckily two blokes walked round the corner and came to my aid! Now you may think this is the end of my story but nay, the next day at school they tried to have another pop at me, i say tried because as soon as the first punch landed pretty much the whole school came to defend me (never been so gratefull in my life)

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
chuckman1 said:
So i just got death threats from some chola girl in the middle of a field full of garbage and shit where i easily couldve been murdered and wasnt scared or intimidated at all.
is that bad? And have you ever gotten death threats from somebody? Howd you react?
Should I have been scared?
Like all words, it depends on the context and the way they were said.

I've received random 'threats' off of drunk guys when I'm in a group of people for looking at then. I imagine they're not irrational enough to try and kill me when I'm in a large group, so no problem there.

Random call off of a guy recently released for GBH saying him and some of his friends are going to come "cut yer fuckin' balls off" because of crazy ex-girlfriends, on the other hand, I took a tad more seriously.

EDIT --

xSKULLY said:
if you act scared or are scared your much more likely to be hurt
Also, that depends massively. One of the largest, most intimidating guys I know gets started on all the time. Why? He's a 'prize' to pick a fight with and drunk people often have the upper-hand when it comes to courage. He acts meek when he needs to and stands tall at other times - again, there is no hard-and-fast rule when it comes to avoiding conflict.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
No death threats here, just getting stabbed. Not fun. The bastard never got caught either, just stabbed me and took my stuff. I don't go around alone anymore.

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
People tell me they will kill me all the time. However they are friends or family that don't mean it. I've never had a serious death threat.

Oct 10, 2011
more than a death treat, someone accually tried to kill me. Id rather not discuss it though.

Ive never got a serious death threat other than that though, just friends joking around

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
I once had a screw driver pointed at me down a dark back alley and was told to hand over my phone or he'd "fuck me up", I just said "go on then". He really didn't know what the fuck to do and kinda slunk off. It was just some guy acting tough to rob people through intimidation, I took the bet that he wouldn't have the balls to go through with it.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
Yes, by a barber who was shaving me with a razor. Real swell guy. Was like a half-joking, half-serious tone(I wouldn't buy his weed).

Otherwise nope. I've been threatened a lot(which I used to reply with violence), but never a full out death threat.

Also, a chola? Was she like this?:

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Sodoff said:
"Some Chola girl"... Yes She's the racist ...
To be honest, I don't have a clue what on earth that means... :/

Personally, I don't really understand what the story is about either... so you were walking along, and out of the blue someone shouted at you and threatened to kill you!? Um... great!

Yes, I have had death threats... but not by any viable sources. Angry thieves who had been caught in the shop I worked at mostly! And some kids I refused alcohol to, who waited until I finished work and threw a brick through my drivers side window as I drove past!

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Deathleaper said:
Yes, by a barber who was shaving me with a razor. Real swell guy. Was like a half-joking, half-serious tone(I wouldn't buy his weed).

Otherwise nope. I've been threatened a lot(which I used to reply with violence), but never a full out death threat.

Also, a chola? Was she like this?:
haha yes she actually was

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I've had a hand-axe and a switch-blade held at me during two separate violent encounters. No direct death threats were actually made by the assailants but surely that counts?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
The only time to take a death threat seriously is when the person is fucking crazy or you've done something to really, really, really piss them off.